Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Yup, I'm disappointed too, it looked like the sun but a bit brighter than usual... Although the ISS got a sick shot of it
    Attachment 374247

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The lucky timing of this shot is great.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Caz_)
    No take it from me, astronomy sucks. I've not done half of it yet but so far it is the most dull thing I have ever learned about :L. The uncertainty on the values you work out are the size of a house!
    Yeah I figured it would blow from what I've read about it.

(Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    It isnt in syllabus but our teacher said to derive it ourselves (if we did maths) and it was fine, standard log integrals and such

Lol they're all ****. Medical, astronomy etc

Applied sounds good though! That's what I'd want. Ngl disappointed with Physics as an A Level, hope it gets better
    Oh yeah the exponential equations are fine I'm just saying for those of us who aren't in love with maths

ReputationRep:
    Completely clouded over where I was, so no eclipse to be seen. We watched it on the BBC during Chemistry.

Head of Science walked in and called it the worst eclipse ever.

It was a bit crap.

ReputationRep:
    I have never had a more hellish week at school and I could literally cry with happiness that it's over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MangoFreak)
    Completely clouded over where I was, so no eclipse to be seen. We watched it on the BBC during Chemistry.

Head of Science walked in and called it the worst eclipse ever.

It was a bit crap.
    I don't understand people who said stuff like that... Every eclipse is the same thing, how can one be "worse than any other" is a pretty stupid thing to say, especially for a science teacher :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tibbz2)
    I don't understand people who said stuff like that... Every eclipse is the same thing, how can one be "worse than any other" is a pretty stupid thing to say, especially for a science teacher :lol:
    Neither do I.... how an eclipse is viewed is down to where you are and the telescope/technology you've got

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Eclipses can be fairly different depending on the season, the weather, the inclination of the Earth (ergo, where you view it from).
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Greetings y'all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emcat)
    I have never had a more hellish week at school and I could literally cry with happiness that it's over.
    oh no - that doesn't sound good at all! I hope next week is much better for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MangoFreak)
    Eclipses can be fairly different depending on the season, the weather, the inclination of the Earth (ergo, where you view it from).
    No I mean it's an eclipse, at about 80-90% totality, literally every eclipse of 80-90% totality is going to look similar. It's not like the moon is going to become transparent and there is going to be a "bad" eclipse

The reason most people are disappointed is either they didn't do their research and prepare, or was due to the weather

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Caz_)
    oh no - that doesn't sound good at all! I hope next week is much better for you
    Thanks. I'm sure it will be solely based off the fact that mocks are over.

ReputationRep:
    No I mean it's an eclipse, at about 80-90% totality, literally every eclipse of 80-90% totality is going to look similar. It's not like the moon is going to become transparent and there is going to be a "bad" eclipse

The reason most people are disappointed is either they didn't do their research and prepare, or was due to the weather
    Yeah that sounds like a pretty valid reason to be disappointed

ReputationRep:
    Quite a fun integration question

ReputationRep:
    Totally saw the solar eclipse! Dave my music teacher let us out to see it, and my friend brought in this mask thing so we could look at it directly, it was quite fun to get out of lessons for half an hour! ALSO COMIC CON TOMORROW YAY

(Original post by emcat)
    I'm with you there, the only way is up, right? :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)

Lived up to expectations.

How sad Further Maths has made me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)

God I can't believe that actually looks fun. I love it.

ReputationRep:
    The moon orbits the Earth at a 5.1 degree angle. Did not know that :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This has been the worst year of my life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill Twix)
    This has been the worst year of my life.
    What's up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    What's up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yo.Too much to learn.Procrastinated most of the times this year.I can still get A*AA

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.