Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Sanchez finished 4th in the POTY awards. Fitting in already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProNoob)
    Same here bro:sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I hope your a girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    I hope your a girl.
    Nope lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProNoob)
    Nope lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    Sanchez finished 4th in the POTY awards. Fitting in already.
    :rofl: I'm dead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    :rofl: I'm dead.
    You're missing the draw man. Lol Fideo is out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceJJFish(IIII))
    You're missing the draw man. Lol Fideo is out.
    I'm watching the draw dw

ReputationRep:
    The reasons why Sanchez finishing fourth is unbelievable:
    -He made more assist than Hazard
    -He has outscored Hazard
    -He has changed Arsenal football clubs style of play (He has great influence at the club)
    -His sporting attitude and work ethic is their to be matched
    -He scored vital goals to keep Arsenal up including the Europe qualifier and Fa Cup semi final

The worst bit is Harry Kane gets ahead even when his efforts will not get Tottenham into top 4 let alone win them a trophy.

The Fa are giving the wrong message, "score 30 goals or dribble past 150 players to get poty" When they should reward a hard working player that has is very influential and vital player.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jgco2chem)
    The reasons why Sanchez finishing fourth is unbelievable:
    -He made more assist than Hazard
    -He has outscored Hazard
    -He has changed Arsenal football clubs style of play (He has great influence at the club)
    -His sporting attitude and work ethic is their to be matched
    -He scored vital goals to keep Arsenal up including the Europe qualifier and Fa Cup semi final

The worst bit is Harry Kane gets ahead even when his efforts will not get Tottenham into top 4 let alone win them a trophy.

The Fa are giving the wrong message, "score 30 goals or dribble past 150 players to get poty" When they should reward a hard working player that has is very influential and vital player.
    Nah mate Hazard has out performed Sanchez this season just deal with it. You can bring up stats all you want football is not a science. I know who I'd rather have in my side.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The bitterness is real.

Sterling > Sanchez

Pls bite

ReputationRep:
    Sanchez should be glad he was even nominated in the first place; what else do players like Shawcross and Fonte have to do other than move to a "big club"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    Mans is straight

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hazard and Sanchez are different players with very different qualities. Hazard is more explosive and more of a game changer whereas Sanchez is definitely more in the grafter mould.

Personally find Sanchez's dribbling to be somewhat predictable at times. Like Robben you know exactly what he's going to try and do and it's only when executed well that they pull it off. Hence AS such plugs away racking up good results without necessarily being able to change tight games. Hazard is definitely someone who surprises and changes games and that's probably why he's POTY. Sanchez's passing is very average but obviously he's god a ridiculous workrate to compensate.

In a PL XI Sanchez and Hazard would be my wingers though really. Di Maria is 3rd.

Must be said that it's Sanchez's first season too and I think he'll be even better next season. And the bad news for Chelsea is that one day Hazard will surely play for Barca/Real so his peak years will probably not be in England.

ReputationRep:
    How the **** did Coutinho get in the TOTY? Can name so many players who have been better than him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Because 'scoring 30 goals' is the total opposite of what POTYs should be doing...

This thread has long been the worst on FF.

ReputationRep:
    They're not convinced by Harry Kane regardless of how many goals he scores :stupid:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Henry on Giroud: 'Can you win the league with him? I wouldn't think so.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Henry on Giroud: 'Can you win the league with him? I wouldn't think so.'
    He's right though, unless we can get another source of goals, I.e someone like Sanchez or another striker, we won't have enough to win the league. Giroud is, as it stands, is our best striker and only with another option available will we be able to challenge. I've never wanted us to sell Giroud, I like him, but we need another type of striker with him. It'll allow us to play another system when one doesn't work.

It's easy to figure us out with Giroud tbh, put two men on Giroud and press Arsenal high up the pitch. When we start knocking hopeful balls to Giroud, he'll bring in our midfielders. When Giroud is stopped, our midfield won't be as effective going forward.

Thing is though, we don't need a world class striker. Someone like Lacazette would fit the bill perfectly. Welbeck isn't good enough as a striker, if he was he would never ever have been sold by United. I like welbz as a squad player, with the work ethic and as a sub but he's no where near clinical enough.

I don't agree with Henry wrt to us needing four players though, three would be perfect (two would be ok given Coq's consistency). A goal keeper (Cech), Schniederlin and Lacazette basically and then we have no reason not to challenge.

ReputationRep:
    Coquelin is becoming my current favourite player.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by SA-1)
    x
    Schneiderlin and Cech would add so much to your squad.

I can't see you ever beating a Mourinho side with Wenger in charge - simply because your best chances to score would be from balls from wide areas, and Giroud would never win an out-and-out aerial battle with Terry, nor Cahill.

Wenger's unlikely to ever sign a striker who would, either.

You've scored six in 13 games against Chelsea - and not one in your last five.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.