The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jam277
Valencia are a good team with quality around the pitch. There's not much difference in quality between Valencia and Atlético last season e.g.

Yeah Monaco may be a bit weaker but they had a worse start in ligue 1 last season.

Completely agree. Even without Otamendi, they have the makings of a very pragmatic side and one which could easily get into the quarter-finals of the CL of the draw is favourable to them.

As an aside, did anybody see Soldado fail to kick the ball into the crowd at his big reveal?
Monaco were extremely unfortunate to not get a penalty when 2-1 down, which would have made the tie a lot closer. Laporte would not be going to Valencia, he would only to go to the elite teams.

Soldado flopped a bit during his presentation but should get his confidence back and I think will do alright to settle back into Liga.

Kovacic spoke Catalan at his press conference in Madrid. I think his agent had his head in his hands after watching that......
Original post by Icecream1

Kovacic spoke Catalan at his press conference in Madrid. I think his agent had his head in his hands after watching that......

No ****ing way. Oh dear.
La Liga back tonight with Malaga against Sevilla, I can't wait for it!
A bore goalless draw. La Liga is well and truly back!
Atleti didn't play great today but I think they will push hard for the title.

Prediction:
1. Barca
2.Atleti
3.Real
4.Valencia
Loving this las palmas keeper. He'll be fun to watch this season.
(edited 8 years ago)
Barcelona will finish top, of course, but I don't fancy Atleti to finish above Real really. Valencia should complete the top four though for sure.
Yeah I don't see Sevilla going above Valencia.

Although Emery has been doing a fantastic job at Sevilla so you never know.

Wonder how Emery would have done had he went to Valencia now they have money? Probably would have turned them into Atlético or like Dortmund?
Original post by Undisclosed 15
Absolutely ludicrous that Pique has been banned for 4 games when similar offences by a certain CR7 have gone unpunished

Posted from TSR Mobile

Here we go again with your anti-Ronaldo bull****. You could've picked any player but you chose Cristiano.
1. Barca
2. Real
3. Atletico
4. Valencia
5. Sevilla
6. Athletic
Hala Madrid.

Bale wincast.
Seems Revista has replaced Scott Minto with Kate Aldo - latter has got exceptional language skills but tad harsh on Scott.

Barca's bench looks a tad bare tbh..
Well it was looking a little bare last season and with Pedro going the bench is obviously going to be quite bare.

Barcelona have had bare benches for years and given chances for young players. Their squad from 10/11 e.g.
Kate Abdo get in my bed.

Fantastic news that she'll be hosting every Madrid game I watch.
Looking like a very good match to watch so far.

Never really get boring Real Madrid matches.
Good win considering the circumstances at a TOUGH ground. Need Neymar back ASAP!
Shame Halilovoc wasn't already at Gijon for this game
Original post by Zander01
Shame Halilovoc wasn't already at Gijon for this game

He isnt playing because he had a fever for 4 days in this past week, otherwise he would be on.
Great game. Need to sort this Benzema / Jese situation out.

Jese isn't a CF.

Latest