Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely ludicrous that Pique has been banned for 4 games when similar offences by a certain CR7 have gone unpunished

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Sevilla apparently reject a deal for Victor Valdes from Man United.

Meanwhile, Arsenal are still tracking Krychowiak - and Iborra has admitted that any departure by him would be concerning.

ReputationRep:
    Valencia having a good game against Monaco in the CL qualifier at the Mestalla. Gaya is such a great player to watch. I think they should win this game by two goals and get through after the return game next week.

ReputationRep:
    Genuinely see Valencia getting to the quarters this season. Quite a worrying team whenever I've watched them. Dangerous on the break and Paco Alcacer will only get better.

If Negredo was to show form like he did at Sevilla and at times at City they're going to be a tough side to beat.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Valencia should take that Otamendi money and head straight to Aymeric Laporte's house to persuade him to sign.

As for Monaco, what a bizarre transformation. With Kondogbia gone, Berbatov gone, Didar hurt and El Shaarawy offering absolutely nothing, they are a shadow of the side that beat Arsenal last year.

ReputationRep:
    Same thing was being said about Monaco last season and they got back on track.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by jam277)
    Same thing was being said about Monaco last season and they got back on track.
    They are nowhere near good enough currently, though. They were pedestrian against Valencia last night and you'd be forgiven for thinking they should have been sharper given the fact they've played two Ligue I games, whereas it was Valencia's competitive bow for the 2015/16 campaign.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    They are nowhere near good enough currently, though. They were pedestrian against Valencia last night and you'd be forgiven for thinking they should have been sharper given the fact they've played two Ligue I games, whereas it was Valencia's competitive bow for the 2015/16 campaign.
    Valencia are a good team with quality around the pitch. There's not much difference in quality between Valencia and Atlético last season e.g.

Yeah Monaco may be a bit weaker but they had a worse start in ligue 1 last season.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by jam277)
    Valencia are a good team with quality around the pitch. There's not much difference in quality between Valencia and Atlético last season e.g.

Yeah Monaco may be a bit weaker but they had a worse start in ligue 1 last season.
    Completely agree. Even without Otamendi, they have the makings of a very pragmatic side and one which could easily get into the quarter-finals of the CL of the draw is favourable to them.

As an aside, did anybody see Soldado fail to kick the ball into the crowd at his big reveal?

ReputationRep:
    Monaco were extremely unfortunate to not get a penalty when 2-1 down, which would have made the tie a lot closer. Laporte would not be going to Valencia, he would only to go to the elite teams.

Soldado flopped a bit during his presentation but should get his confidence back and I think will do alright to settle back into Liga.

Kovacic spoke Catalan at his press conference in Madrid. I think his agent had his head in his hands after watching that......
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Icecream1)
    Kovacic spoke Catalan at his press conference in Madrid. I think his agent had his head in his hands after watching that......
    No ****ing way. Oh dear.

ReputationRep:
    La Liga back tonight with Malaga against Sevilla, I can't wait for it!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    A bore goalless draw. La Liga is well and truly back!

ReputationRep:
    Atleti didn't play great today but I think they will push hard for the title.

Prediction:
    1. Barca
    2.Atleti
    3.Real
    4.Valencia

ReputationRep:
    Loving this las palmas keeper. He'll be fun to watch this season.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Barcelona will finish top, of course, but I don't fancy Atleti to finish above Real really. Valencia should complete the top four though for sure.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I don't see Sevilla going above Valencia.

Although Emery has been doing a fantastic job at Sevilla so you never know.

Wonder how Emery would have done had he went to Valencia now they have money? Probably would have turned them into Atlético or like Dortmund?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Undisclosed 15)
    Absolutely ludicrous that Pique has been banned for 4 games when similar offences by a certain CR7 have gone unpunished

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Here we go again with your anti-Ronaldo bull****. You could've picked any player but you chose Cristiano.

ReputationRep:
    1. Barca
    2. Real
    3. Atletico
    4. Valencia
    5. Sevilla
    6. Athletic

ReputationRep:
    Hala Madrid.

Bale wincast.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.