Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lengyi)
    I wish I got more "A"s but I managed to come away with 2A*, 3A, 7B, 1C.
    I was predicted all "C"s so when I got them (and they finally sunk in), I was just screaming "In your face" in my head.
    still good results, well done

ReputationRep:
    I got 9A*s and 3As and want to do medicine! I'm over the moon about my results as I was expecting far less

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've got a D in english lit should i retake....thats the only subject that i failed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if you can get coursework remarked?

ReputationRep:
    I'm 1 UMS mark off an A in Business. Should I get this remarked, as then all my grades will be A*/A?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SH0405)
    I'm 1 UMS mark off an A in Business. Should I get this remarked, as then all my grades will be A*/A?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes! I'm 2 UMS marks off an A* in business which is probably only 4 raw marks so I'm getting it remarked and you definitely should too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fate16)
    Yes! I'm 2 UMS marks off an A* in business which is probably only 4 raw marks so I'm getting it remarked and you definitely should too

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hmm, ok. In this case, is 1UMS equivalent to 1 raw mark? How were your other results?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else feel a bit "numb" after getting the grades? Just kind of went home and did nothing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kmiab)
    Anyone else feel a bit "numb" after getting the grades? Just kind of went home and did nothing
    No.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    2 marks off an A* in english lang. A and French. Sent english for remark waiting the outcome :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kmiab)
    Yes! I know exactly what you're talking about! After the immense happiness of achieving 13 A*s yesterday, everything seemed quite 'flat' in comparison once the excitement had died down.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Please help!

I got my Maths results earlier this year, I did both Edexcel Linear and AQA Modular and achieved a C in both!. Does this mean I get two GCSE's or am I only allowed to use one?

Also they didn't show up on my results slip this results day and because I got the results in April I don't have anything to prove I got them! My edexcel one is on the results online thing but will I have to wait for my certificates to come to prove I got the C's? Or is there another way of proving I passed before hand?

Thanks for your help in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squidgy)
    Just wondering did you do economics with OCR?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yup, and believe me, it was not a good experience :/
    Did you?

ReputationRep:
    Kent was the only county where there was a rise in percentages of 5 A*-Cs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kmiab)
    Yeah. I feel slightly sad too, because getting my results was the last time I will ever be in my school and I have so many good memories there and I didn't really appreciate that while I was there. I also wanted to chat to and thank teachers but I didn't get the chance to because there were photographers everywhere so I left quickly.

Happy with my results, but the process of getting them was kind of an anticlimax, I guess I was expecting it to be more dramatic.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! Would be glad if anyone could give me advice please and thanks in advance . I got 317 (grade B) in Biology and I beliieve the cut off UMS for an A grade is 320. Is it worth me re-marking my coursework which I got 72 UMS in?

ReputationRep:
    Without being too harsh it was kinda enjoyable seeing the People who bullied me and those who were too smart to pay attention in class freaking out at their grades and claiming it wasent their fault.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ghost_rebel)
    How can I convert my UMS score into raw marks with OCR?
    They have some formulaic way of doing it. Google it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)
    Yeah. I feel slightly sad too, because getting my results was the last time I will ever be in my school and I have so many good memories there and I didn't really appreciate that while I was there. I also wanted to chat to and thank teachers but I didn't get the chance to because there were photographers everywhere so I left quickly.

Happy with my results, but the process of getting them was kind of an anticlimax, I guess I was expecting it to be more dramatic.
    End of an era!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)

Same for me, I'm leaving too but most of the teachers were on holiday so I didn't get to say thanks either just got to look ahead to sixth form and hope that too will produce many happy memories!

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.