Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    Aaaand all of a sudden, TSR looks like it always did. I actually preferred the jazzy new version.
    Aye. The new version had bugs.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Essay... doing my head in... head ---> desk head ---> desk. Just because I thought that I did well at second year philosophy, I should not have assumed that I'd be ready for third year philosophy *wail!*

/end of rant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kittiara)
    Essay... doing my head in... head ---> desk head ---> desk. Just because I thought that I did well at second year philosophy, I should not have assumed that I'd be ready for third year philosophy *wail!*

/end of rant
    Stay strong!! Best of luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by InnerTemple)
    Stay strong!! Best of luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks! :hugs:

It's all written, referenced, formatted, just at the stage of manically checking for errors and having gone through it so many times that I no longer know if it makes any sense.

After this, though... time off!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! :hugs:

It's all written, referenced, formatted, just at the stage of manically checking for errors and having gone through it so many times that I no longer know if it makes any sense.

After this, though... time off!
    When is it due in? I always find proof reading to be better done a little while after the actual writing.

This time of year, it is an ideal 'sit somewhere warm and comfy with a cup of tea' exercise.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Interesting that Abe won a two thirds majority in parliament. With the ability to change his constitution and events in the region unfolding the odds on Japan rearming are not insignificant i don't think.

In Russia I'm poor... FML :cry:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    When is it due in? I always find proof reading to be better done a little while after the actual writing.

This time of year, it is an ideal 'sit somewhere warm and comfy with a cup of tea' exercise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was due in by noon today. Ended up sending it in at around 3 in the morning. Probably should have followed your advice!

Oh well, least I have some time off now. Do need to do some work over the holidays but no pressure, no deadline . Hope you're all done for the holidays as well!

ReputationRep:
    TSR must be buggy again. All of the sticky threads from the MHoC main page have disappeared but are still available if I access them through my notifications.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    The stickies are in limbo. :dontknow:
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Faland)
    The stickies are in limbo. :dontknow:
    It'll be annoying to unstick and restick, but I've just unstuck this thread and it's reappeared on the main MHoC page so might it be worth doing that for the time being? It's irritating how these changes to the site always seem to be buggy.

ReputationRep:
    Hope you're all done for the holidays as well!
    My studying days are over. All my proof reading is done at work... and unfortunately I am in right up until Christmas Day.

ReputationRep:
    I found this on RWN and thought you might like it.

BARACK OBAMA MET WITH THE QUEEN.

He asked her, “Your Majesty, how do you run such an efficient government? Are there any tips you can give me?”
    “Well,” said the Queen, “the most important thing is to surround yourself with intelligent people.”
    Obama frowned, and then asked, “But how do I know the people around are really intelligent?”
    The Queen took a sip of tea. “Oh, that’s easy; you just ask them to answer an intelligent riddle.”
    The Queen pushed a button on her intercom. “Please send David Cameron in here, would you?”
    Cameron walked into the room and said, “Yes, Your Majesty?”
    The Queen smiled and said, “Answer me this please, David. Your mother and father have a child. It is not your brother and it is not your sister.
    Who is it?”
    Without pausing for a moment, Cameron answered, “That would be me.”
    “Yes! Very good,” said the Queen.
    Obama went back home to ask Joe Biden the same question. “Joe, answer this for me. Your mother and your father have a child.
    It’s not your brother and it’s not your sister. Who is it?”
    “I’m not sure,” said Biden. “Let me get back to you on that one.” He went to his advisers and asked everyone, but none could give him an answer.
    Finally, Biden ran in to Sarah Palin out eating one night. Biden asked, “Sarah, can you answer this for me? Your mother and father have a child and it’s not your brother or your sister. Who is it?”
    Sarah Palin answered right back, “That’s easy, it’s me!”
    Biden smiled, and said, “Thanks!” Then, he went back to speak with Obama.
    “Say, I did some research and I have the answer to that riddle. It’s Sarah Palin!”
    Obama got up, stomped over to Biden, and angrily yelled into his face, “No! You idiot! It’s David Cameron!”
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    My studying days are over. All my proof reading is done at work... and unfortunately I am in right up until Christmas Day.
    Aw . I've had to do that before with work. Hope you will have a good Christmas at least!

(Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    I found this on RWN and thought you might like it.

BARACK OBAMA MET WITH THE QUEEN.

He asked her, “Your Majesty, how do you run such an efficient government? Are there any tips you can give me?”
    “Well,” said the Queen, “the most important thing is to surround yourself with intelligent people.”
    Obama frowned, and then asked, “But how do I know the people around are really intelligent?”
    The Queen took a sip of tea. “Oh, that’s easy; you just ask them to answer an intelligent riddle.”
    The Queen pushed a button on her intercom. “Please send David Cameron in here, would you?”
    Cameron walked into the room and said, “Yes, Your Majesty?”
    The Queen smiled and said, “Answer me this please, David. Your mother and father have a child. It is not your brother and it is not your sister.
    Who is it?”
    Without pausing for a moment, Cameron answered, “That would be me.”
    “Yes! Very good,” said the Queen.
    Obama went back home to ask Joe Biden the same question. “Joe, answer this for me. Your mother and your father have a child.
    It’s not your brother and it’s not your sister. Who is it?”
    “I’m not sure,” said Biden. “Let me get back to you on that one.” He went to his advisers and asked everyone, but none could give him an answer.
    Finally, Biden ran in to Sarah Palin out eating one night. Biden asked, “Sarah, can you answer this for me? Your mother and father have a child and it’s not your brother or your sister. Who is it?”
    Sarah Palin answered right back, “That’s easy, it’s me!”
    Biden smiled, and said, “Thanks!” Then, he went back to speak with Obama.
    “Say, I did some research and I have the answer to that riddle. It’s Sarah Palin!”
    Obama got up, stomped over to Biden, and angrily yelled into his face, “No! You idiot! It’s David Cameron!”
    That did make me smile .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Interesting that Abe won a two thirds majority in parliament. With the ability to change his constitution and events in the region unfolding the odds on Japan rearming are not insignificant i don't think.
    From what I gather from some Japanese associates he's a bit of a fruit loop and his party deceivingly un-liberal.

(Original post by tehFrance)
    In Russia I'm poor... FML :cry:
    Maybe you need a tehFrance style Russian revolution?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    From what I gather from some Japanese associates he's a bit of a fruit loop and his party deceivingly un-liberal.
    The media's been very quiet about the people who won the most new seats, the Japanese Communist Party, whose approach to the election was also quite interesting.

ReputationRep:
    Gotta love those Japanese.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    'Ol Abe is a nationalist and the Japanese Lib Dems are basically the Tories. After all the spectrum is relative and Japan is a pretty (small 'c') conservative country.

With rising antagonism from China it certainly looks that way.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like the Tories failed to make polling progress in December (apparently we've had the final polls for the year now). In November the Tories had 8 (the highest since Q1 2012 when they were still around 40%) polls give them the lead while this month it's just 3. It's worth noting however that 6 polls did have them tied and that the three that gave them the lead all increased the lead from November so we could be seeing some methodology coming into play.

Off to St. Moritz today, out of this dreary country thanks to Swiss International Airlines, Our Sign is a Promise*

Joyeux Noël... Merry Christmas Ho! Ho! Ho!

*Paid promotion, got to earn the monies this MP gig doesn't pay somehow

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.