The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

:moon:

Original post by PerplexingGeode
Yes, that is true, however - hypothetically, what if they could? :wink: Yes, that was also the situation for us too; it was mainly the staple foods, such as bread, milk etc that experienced a severe deficit. We had to travel a similar distance to collect bread and milk from a newsagents, as Tesco Express presented with empty milk and bread shelves! Did you have some wellington boots to wear in the snow, or casual shoes?

Hypothetically, if they could, you'd end up with more tracking logs showing up with "Not delivered - damaged parcel" in there, and there would be damage to said parcels! I think that the essential foods, like what you mentioned, ran out at the Co-op first as well. In our previous village, we had a corner shop and the co-op, we always used to go to the corner shop for some items, as it was only a couple of minutes walk away. Everyone in that area used the corner shop, as well as the co-op, hence the lack of food! (Plus, the co-op was a 30 minute walk away.)
I think we had some wellies to walk in, though it might have been comfy shoes - I can't remember as it was that long ago!

That's good to hear - at least you have three nearby options to opt for in the event of severe snow accumulations. :smile:

If, for example - it was the winter of 2009-10, or 2010-11, there were several compounded layers of ice beneath fresh snowfall, which would have decreased the cushioning, unless the fresh snow was relatively deep. However, if the fresh layer of snow was around an inch, there would not be much cushioning at all. ^^ If there were say, four inches of fresh now, there would undoubtedly be cushioning. :smile: Yes, you are correct that electrical items are more prone to damage in such weather conditions - in fact, it would be probable that the items would not remain in a usable condition if the packaging was inadequate. I suppose that any snow cover as cushioning, is better than no cushioning at all! :biggrin:

Yep, we have 3 local options, plus the Rushden High Street, and the local Post Office having a shop. So I think we're covered! :yep:

Yowch, the ice would have resulted in virtually no cushioning, and it would be as bad as if there was no snow at all - plus, it'd be worse since electronic goods would be soaked through and destroyed (likewise with clothing). Electronic items do not like moisture at all, as it could damage the circuit boards and other items, and stop the item from working.
Though the moral of the story - don't throw your parcels about!

It could be worth a thought, considering you do play Mario Kart DS quite frequently and Mario Kart Wii is not very expensive now, thus since those are the consoles/devices you predominantly use, you could purchase the corresponding versions of Mario Kart. :smile:

I recall playing Mario Paint on the SNES when I was around 6 and used to enjoy it thoroughly, although the first game I ever played, was Pokemon Yellow, on the Gameboy when I was 5.

Indeed you assumed correctly, my dear!

Already have MKDS
MK WII will likely be bought as I also have a steering wheel to use with the Wii
MK7 3DS would be possible if I upgraded to a 3DS, which will happen due to the DSi (and DS Lite) being rather old and obsolete now, though I will keep both consoles.
MK8 WiiU will not happen. I can't justify getting a Wii U when I don't use my Wii much!

I can't remember what the first games that I played were - though I know it was not on a SNES! May have been on a Playstation, PS2 or Gameboy Original?

edit: He's back :mad: :banghead:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BreakNeckLunge

@mr T 999 can we please have an update on the 100 post leaderboard? thanks :smile:
Original post by spotify95

@mr T 999 can we please have an update on the 100 post leaderboard? thanks :smile:

Thank you @spotify95, much appreciated! :smile:

Original post by PerplexingGeode

Thank you @spotify95, much appreciated! :smile:

No worries! :smile: @mr T 999 usually does the 100 post leaderboard on here for us so he'll see the tags and update it for us :smile:

Latest