Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate England Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Very boring to watch, I want England to win tonight but are England going to bring to the World Cup? Another mediocre Quater Final finish?
    thats if they face crappy competition. Pit them against ANY above - par side and wont even reach quarters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eXemp)
    thats if they face crappy competition. Pit them against ANY above - par side and wont even reach quarters.
    Under Hodgson some of the teams we've beaten (I've listed teams that could go as far as England in a World Cup or further, so knockouts onward) are Brazil, Belgium, Italy, Sweden, Ukraine and Spain, drew with Brazil in Rio, drew with Italy, drew with France.

Lost one game, against Sweden, thanks to a masterclass from Ibrahimovic.

Hodgson has made us very hard to beat. I don't think we'll go particularly far if we qualify, but I reckon we could troll our way to a win against a top side in a World Cup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eXemp)
    well a good manager represents their team . In that respect roy is spot on : england are boring to watch.
    Did he say that? His Liverpool and West Brom sides were boring to watch so I guess he should know.

ReputationRep:
    England are sooooo baddddddd! We will get beaten by Montenegro so nicely!!!!
    All you deluded fans should get back to sleep if you think England will win tonightttt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Under Hodgson some of the teams we've beaten (I've listed teams that could go as far as England in a World Cup or further, so knockouts onward) are Brazil, Belgium, Italy, Sweden, Ukraine and Spain, drew with Brazil in Rio, drew with Italy, drew with France.

Lost one game, against Sweden, thanks to a masterclass from Ibrahimovic.

Hodgson has made us very hard to beat. I don't think we'll go particularly far if we qualify, but I reckon we could troll our way to a win against a top side in a World Cup.
    Those friendlies were meaningless. We havent beaten any of the tougher sides in our group which just shows are poor weve been despite the fact that were top.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Did he say that? His Liverpool and West Brom sides were boring to watch so I guess he should know.
    His Liverpool side were horrible to watch, they played some of the most uninspiring football ive see .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trrr)
    Those friendlies were meaningless.
    They were still games.

We havent beaten any of the tougher sides in our group which just shows are poor weve been despite the fact that were top.
    lol and yet we're still top. We didn't beat France either in our Euros group, still topped the group.

I said we are very hard to beat, which we are. We're not ruthless or a team that consistently beats most teams, we do just enough to get the job done. We will troll the World Cup and reach the semi's, scoring just three goals in the process more than likely.

ReputationRep:
    If there's no Carrick I will be pretty pissed off. Should be the first name on the team sheet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_wizard123)
    If there's no Carrick I will be pretty pissed off. Should be the first name on the team sheet.
    It's Hodgson, the midfield will be Wilshere, Gerrard and Lampard for EVERY game no matter how ****e any of them play.

just hope Rooney is on form or this could be a bad night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Buk_Lau)
    England are sooooo baddddddd! We will get beaten by Montenegro so nicely!!!!
    All you deluded fans should get back to sleep if you think England will win tonightttt.
    How very cogent and insightful.

Who would you replace?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by The Rusty Spork)
    Is anyone else hoping for some glorious crash and burn?
    I wouldn't be against it if it leads to some kind of radical reform, which let's be honest is badly needed. When Germany had a **** tournament in Euro 2000 they invested heavily in academies, coaching, youth development etc and look at the players they've produced in recent years. Hummels, Reus, Gotze, Ozil, Gundogan, Draxler, Bender etc.

It's ridiculous that ten years ago when Lampard and Gerrard were two of the best midfielders in the world at their peak, it was always said that they couldn't play together. Now they're both in the twilight of their careers, and with a combined age of nearly 70, they're playing together.

Glad he's not playing. One less potential injury to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    Comfortable win tonight; Walker and Townsend will run riot on the right!

ReputationRep:
    Roy Keane speaking it how it is about Hart, Lee Dixon really hasn't a clue if he thinks he is England's best keeper atm. Forster and Foster should have had chances by now.

ReputationRep:
    Keane's beard looks dreadful. He looks like a homeless man.

ReputationRep:
    Been said countless times before but our national anthem is crap.

Land Of Hope & Glory or Jerusalem please.

ReputationRep:
    It's amusing to watch Montenegro attempt to keep possession.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    Who would you replace?
    Lampard I think. Gerrard for me is better in the double pivot. Wilshere missing out could be a good thing for him, knowing that his place isn't certain in the team.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    Roy Keane speaking it how it is about Hart, Lee Dixon really hasn't a clue if he thinks he is England's best keeper atm. Forster and Foster should have had chances by now.
    Fraser Forster is a good keeper but he's never going to get a serious look in as long as he's playing in a league of equivalent standard to League One.

ReputationRep:
    England need to move on from Gerrard and Lampard tbh

ReputationRep:
    I don't know how people rate Danny Welbeck he's awful.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.