Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pappymajek)
    Congrats to those with offers. Anyone know what sort of offers oxford is making for maths?

Thanks
    It has still been AAA up until this year, but next year onwards will be A*A*A.

ReputationRep:
    PPE at pembroke anyone??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosopher-of-sorts)
    It has still been AAA up until this year, but next year onwards will be A*A*A.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    really really really wanna go now!! a-levels are dragging on so bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanielOJ)
    Lol, this so bad.

Really can't be ****ed in school, lol...

Just want the summer, now.

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering if anybody knew if the person who wrote their recommendation had been sent a letter about your acceptance, or anything like that? And congrats on all of the offers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanielOJ)
    Cannot even explain how much I agree with this!

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else at a college that wants to take pictures of you and put them in newspapers?

I already know how deeply cool I am going to look in these pictures.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RupertTheBear)
    Is anyone else at a college that wants to take pictures of you and put it in newspapers?

Hah!
    I know that if I get 3 As this summer, my school will make a big writeup about me going to Oxford, and there'll probably be a picture of me with two students who I expect will be getting their grades for Cambridge (.. scum. :grin:), with some sort of corny caption.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else at a college that wants to take pictures of you and put it in newspapers?

Fortunately not, but my form tutor did mention an assembly... thankfully she seems to have forgotten that gem of an idea. I have had teachers who I barely know come up and say congratulations though, apparantly they were all talking about it in the staffroom.

ReputationRep:

Me too And I will be looking equally cool

ReputationRep:
    I can't smile, so I'm going to look painful. It's a sixth form propaganda piece anyway...

ReputationRep:
    Has non-native speakers gotten IELTS(or equivalent) as a part of their UCAS conditions?

I wonder as I haven't, and if that means I won't have to do it, that's 200 GBP saved. And really, as a law student, I have already had to go through the LNAT and the interviews, as well as an essay during the interview. Getting an offer after that should be proof enough of proficiency in English.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sebsan)
    Has non-native speakers gotten IELTS(or equivalent) as a part of their UCAS conditions?

I wonder as I haven't, and if that means I won't have to do it, that's 200 GBP saved. And really, as a law student, I have already had to go through the LNAT and the interviews, as well as an essay during the interview. Getting an offer after that should be proof enough of proficiency in English.
    It's £200!?!? I have a friend doing it (I think he actually did it a couple of weeks ago), but I had no idea it was so expensive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LtCommanderData)
    It's £200!?!? I have a friend doing it (I think he actually did it a couple of weeks ago), but I had no idea it was so expensive
    It depends on where you take it. For instance, it is 115 in London.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    It depends on where you take it. For instance, it is 115 in London.
    Ah. Still quite expensive :/

Glad it looks like you won't have to take it!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riotgrrl)
    Fortunately not, but my form tutor did mention an assembly... thankfully she seems to have forgotten that gem of an idea. I have had teachers who I barely know come up and say congratulations though, apparantly they were all talking about it in the staffroom.
    This happened to me!

It was very embarrassing, especially when other people are getting into unis that are just as good or have got in for hard courses (like medicine) and get no recognition.

Plus there always the added embarrassment that everyone knows of your failure if you don't get the grades XD
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riotgrrl)
    Oh god....exactly the same thing here. Horribly embarrassing really. Everytime one of those conversations crop up, the first thing I say is CONDITIONAL. It's not like most of us (excluding you lovely unconditional fellows) are even in yet.

ReputationRep:

They didn't ask me to do it either. Actually, they didn't really ask for anything except my school record up 'til now :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brendan.)
    Hah!
    I know that if I get 3 As this summer, my school will make a big writeup about me going to Oxford, and there'll probably be a picture of me with two students who I expect will be getting their grades for Cambridge (.. scum. :grin:), with some sort of corny caption.
    I know the sort: "It's Ox-tastic!" or "Oxbridging the Gap!"

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.