Turn on thread page Beta

Teh Super Awesome Juicy CURRENT YEAR 11 (2012-13) THREAD; MARK I watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MangoFreak)
    Cambridge
    UCL
    UEA (maybe, probably as my "lower grade" uni)

I need two others :awesome: Maybe some more in London
    Damn Cambridge is like the closest Uni to home yet I have 0 zero, oh noo and I also don't want to take the BMAT and the UKCAT.
    The most appealing so far for me is Glasgow, then Kings, UAE and I'm not sure for the 4th. Maybe I'll have to take both admissions. Glasgow just seems nice for some reason, might be the city.

(Original post by chloe--)
    Cambridge :daydreaming: It probably won't happen, but it's worth a shot.

Other than that Warwick, York, Durham and possibly Manchester, but I'd rather move away from home
    Ooh so many Cambridge hopefuls o;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    but the exams are more important that is where you will gain tbh because most people falter on exams
    Hopefully

ReputationRep:
    I can see it now, 90% of the thread go on to become Cambridge Alumni, reminisce about the old times on TSR and have a laugh, whilst I'm suffering the torrential Scottish rain at some mere top 20 :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dinrah04)

I'm purposely planning on not taking Computer Science with Maths to avoid having STEP in my offer (if I get one)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadab786ahmed)
    I know hehe...

Cambridge
    Imperial college London
    Bath

GCSE I'd never bring myself lower to do a Btec! I joke
    haha well i wouldnt either optionally

Damn Cambridge is like the closest Uni to home yet I have 0 zero, oh noo and I also don't want to take the BMAT and the UKCAT.
    The most appealing so far for me is Glasgow, then Kings, UAE and I'm not sure for the 4th. Maybe I'll have to take both admissions. Glasgow just seems nice for some reason, might be the city.

gahhh i ddont wanna take both either -.- i'd just rather do UKCAT :L.... and LEEDS or sheffield i might see you xD

ReputationRep:
    Who would? But to be honest, I was nearly persuaded by a teacher... She said I'd be and achieve the best, due to sheer panic I picked the ICT GCSE and quickly changed to Business.. Biggest mistake ever!!
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Yo. Long time no see! Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do

But why the **** am I in the Spanish section of the box? I don't even take Spanish! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Tail Chaser)

But why the **** am I in the Spanish section of the box? I don't even take Spanish! :lol:
    Welcome back!

You'll have to ask Mango about that one I'm not in it at all (but I will be.. eventually.)

ReputationRep:
    I can see it now, 90% of the thread go on to become Cambridge Alumni, reminisce about the old times on TSR and have a laugh, whilst I'm suffering the torrential Scottish rain at some mere top 20 :'(
    Or the other option of everybody being at different uni wonder about why they thought they could get into Cambridge

ReputationRep:

gahhh i ddont wanna take both either -.- i'd just rather do UKCAT :L.... and LEEDS or sheffield i might see you xD
    Ooh, yeah I'm trying for just UKCAT, other than Glasgow, I'll probably mainly stick to the South. I've actually never been to the North but they don't seem too found of those down below. Would be nice to find a familiar fa-user name.

(Original post by social outcast)
    Or the other option of everybody being at different uni wonder about why they thought they could get into Cambridge
    But everyone on here is like a sort of brilliant genius. I'm going to go off into an example nobody will get I assume, but it's like in League of Legends where every team composition seems brilliant and well organised except yours except on here, everyone is a genius except me haha
    Other than the cheaper fares to visit home, I'm sure there's no actual benefit of Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    and i'll be in leeds :L xD... btw how do you want your course type to be ?? ... i want a hands-on course so PBL

(Original post by shadab786ahmed)
    Who would? But to be honest, I was nearly persuaded by a teacher... She said I'd be and achieve the best, due to sheer panic I picked the ICT GCSE and quickly changed to Business.. Biggest mistake ever!!
    ahh i would NEVER do business .... nearly everyone picked it in my school because it said 2 GCSE's equivelent or whatever -.- stupid peoople :L .. you know they didnt pick it because they wanted to do business :L

RIGHT im off forhalf an hour .. to get a bath xD and just chill

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, yeah I'm trying for just UKCAT, other than Glasgow, I'll probably mainly stick to the South. I've actually never been to the North but they don't seem too found of those down below. Would be nice to find a familiar fa-user name.
    Hey, we love everyone! :shifty:

Honestly though, it depends on where you are and who you're talking to. Go for the nice people and you're fine

ReputationRep:

Yo yo!

I knew it. Shadab said to put you in Spanish, but I KNEW you didn't do Spanish. Shadab :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    We shall wear our flat hat things and robes and scoff at you! :pierre: :awesome:
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by MangoFreak)
    Yo yo!

I knew it. Shadab said to put you in Spanish, but I KNEW you didn't do Spanish. Shadab :unimpressed:
    I think it's because I once said that I know how to say 'open the door' in Spanish (thanks Wheatley :awesome: )

Come to think of it, why am I in the English section as well? I'm crap at English :lol:

You got the Biology bit right though :love: :love: :love: :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloe--)
    Hey, we love everyone! :shifty:

Honestly though, it depends on where you are and who you're talking to. Go for the nice people and you're fine
    You'll laugh at my awfully generic, untraceable accent.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's because I once said that I know how to say 'open the door' in Spanish (thanks Wheatley :awesome: )

Come to think of it, why am I in the English section as well? I'm crap at English :lol:

You got the Biology bit right though :love: :love: :love: :love:
    I was just following Shadab's obviously terrible intuition :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    You'll laugh at my awfully generic, untraceable accent.
    And you'll laugh at my Mancunian one.

ReputationRep:
    and i'll be in leeds :L xD... btw how do you want your course type to be ?? ... i want a hands-on course so PBL

ahh i would NEVER do business .... nearly everyone picked it in my school because it said 2 GCSE's equivelent or whatever -.- stupid peoople :L .. you know they didnt pick it because they wanted to do business :L

RIGHT im off forhalf an hour .. to get a bath xD and just chill
    I'm actually pretty undecided, PBL seems like it'd be more beneficial for future practise though

ReputationRep:
    What universities are everyone thinking off, if you're already thinking that far ahead
    Glasgow and Robert Gordon, so far. Might apply to Oxbridge just to see if I could get in. Not sure about the last one, will probably be something with lower requirements as a backup.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.