Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How many hours are you revising each day? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    Sorry I was getting confused! It's good, you'll enjoy it! What else are you taking?
    As well as Core + Decision Maths I'm also doing Computing, Physics and English Literature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yellowcopter)
    As well as Core + Decision Maths I'm also doing Computing, Physics and English Literature.
    If your scientifically minded I encourage u not to take English lit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aerosports)
    I absolutely love English and reading, if anything it's one of my ideal A-Levels that I don't plan on changing. I'm around the same when it comes to scientific learning and written learning, but if I had to say I'm more of an English person than Science. I'm kind of challenging myself and getting out of my comfort zone, but the risk isn't too large considering I love Maths and Physics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aerosports)
    I took Biology, Chemistry and Maths alongside English Literature and had no trouble with this. Sometimes it's nice to have a break from science-related things. I think it's a bit of a misconception that all science students cannot be creative or write nicely, just as the idea that anyone who does humanities only does so because they weren't good enough at science. It's possible to be good at or enjoy both!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I should probably start right away, been getting less than 60% each mock exam
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    :eek: Decision, people don't normally do that without further maths! It's weird but ok, I quite enjoy it actually Physics is also good (I've applied for it at uni ), computing sounds interesting too but english lit? You have to be mad

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My exams are a little ways off yet but I'm trying to get into the habit of doing an hour a night right now. Usually just a case of putting an album on and letting it play through while I work. I'm hoping it will get to the point where I'll eventually decide to put another on.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Decision, people don't normally do that without further maths! It's weird but ok, I quite enjoy it actually Physics is also good (I've applied for it at uni ), computing sounds interesting too but english lit? You have to be mad

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I love English as much as I love Physics and Computing! I was told Core + Statistics was the easiest one but the colleges I applied for only offered that as an AS over two years (for less able students, students who don't wish to do A2 or just want AS spread over two years) which I didn't want, and then there was Mechanics and Decision. Mechanics is supposedly the hardest and Decision was then my choice. They also said apparently it goes with Computing so, perfect choice.

Apparently it's quite an interesting form of Maths so I'm looking forward to it. Despite the many people telling me that Decision is much more boring due to it's simplicity in comparison to Mechanics - but I like simplicity!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I love English as much as I love Physics and Computing! I was told Core + Statistics was the easiest one but the colleges I applied for only offered that as an AS over two years (for less able students, students who don't wish to do A2 or just want AS spread over two years) which I didn't want, and then there was Mechanics and Decision. Mechanics is supposedly the hardest and Decision was then my choice. They also said apparently it goes with Computing so, perfect choice.

Apparently it's quite an interesting form of Maths so I'm looking forward to it. Despite the many people telling me that Decision is much more boring due to it's simplicity in comparison to Mechanics - but I like simplicity!
    I can't agree with you on that one, but each to their own! :lol: Really? Never heard of places doing that, but there you go! Mechanics is easy with physics but more difficult without in my opinion but I like it Decision does go with computing- the first thing we were told was to 'think like a computer'- and whilst easy requires a very different way of thinking. It's with D2 not D1 but my friend is predicted 5A*s (well already has one) and can't get her head round it at all, yet I'm struggling towards ABB and find it much easier. It's weird, but very interesting!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I can't agree with you on that one, but each to their own! :lol: Really? Never heard of places doing that, but there you go! Mechanics is easy with physics but more difficult without in my opinion but I like it Decision does go with computing- the first thing we were told was to 'think like a computer'- and whilst easy requires a very different way of thinking. It's with D2 not D1 but my friend is predicted 5A*s (well already has one) and can't get her head round it at all, yet I'm struggling towards ABB and find it much easier. It's weird, but very interesting!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    As of now I have no experience of any of them so I'll have to wait and see. They'll probably tell me all about each one at interview stage anyway. Although at this point I'm seriously reconsidering A-Level Maths as I feel I'm going to struggle quite a bit.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    As of now I have no experience of any of them so I'll have to wait and see. They'll probably tell me all about each one at interview stage anyway. Although at this point I'm seriously reconsidering A-Level Maths as I feel I'm going to struggle quite a bit.
    If you have a good grasp of GCSE maths and are prepared to work you should be fine with it! What are the alternatives? Good luck with the interview though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Random question but does anybody think it could be a possibility to learn further maths over summer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kendellex)
    Random question but does anybody think it could be a possibility to learn further maths over summer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It depends how good you are at maths and how quickly you can pick up new topics. I take it this is AS, so if you've already done AS maths its not much harder than that, if you get a high A you should be fine self teaching AS further.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloxorus)
    It depends how good you are at maths and how quickly you can pick up new topics. I take it this is AS, so if you've already done AS maths its not much harder than that, if you get a high A you should be fine self teaching AS further.
    That's brilliant then! I'm doing maths as part of my degree and although further maths wasn't necessary most students will have it. I got an A in AS and hopefully will get an A* in A2! How hard does it get?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kendellex)
    That's brilliant then! I'm doing maths as part of my degree and although further maths wasn't necessary most students will have it. I got an A in AS and hopefully will get an A* in A2! How hard does it get?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well I would say its not really any harder than AS maths, and certainly easier than A2, so you should be absolutely fine. Some bits of FP1 seem quite strange to start with but the actual maths involved is quite basic really. Its only at A2 where it starts to get tough with FP2 and FP3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloxorus)
    Well I would say its not really any harder than AS maths, and certainly easier than A2, so you should be absolutely fine. Some bits of FP1 seem quite strange to start with but the actual maths involved is quite basic really. Its only at A2 where it starts to get tough with FP2 and FP3.
    So it's not too bad then to start with? I'll probably use online videos to guide me if I'm stuck aha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kateislate)
    Haven't started. I'm ****ed.
    i have 26 exams this summer and i am freaking out. i cannot concentrate when trying to revise. revision tips will be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fs1)
    i have 26 exams this summer and i am freaking out. i cannot concentrate when trying to revise. revision tips will be GREATLY APPRECIATED!
    GCSEs?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Have 9 exams 3 resits and 6 A2 ones, i'm just going along with the flow. This is bad. I do Maths, English and Psychology. How do you balance everything out??? Any tips pls Like I end up only focussing on one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prettyugly)
    Have 9 exams 3 resits and 6 A2 ones, i'm just going along with the flow. This is bad. I do Maths, English and Psychology. How do you balance everything out??? Any tips pls Like I end up only focussing on one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's the same problem i'm facing..i have 5 resits and 9 A2 exams.i have decided to get all my revision done by 10-15 April and then focus on pastpapers for the rest of the days

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.