Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA GCSE English Literature Exams - 20th and 23rd May 2013 *OFFICAL THREAD* Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeksoldierboy)
    its alright, but their are lots of improvments. maybe a C
    if you would give that a C then u are the harshest marker and can't mark for S***

ReputationRep:
    Has bunkhouse and its inhabitants come up on higher?

ReputationRep:
    I agree!

ReputationRep:
    hey, I dont understand anything about Curley- like what could I write about him when he comes up. As he isnt really a major character within the novel so I highly doubt he will come up on his own.

Also, for An Inspector Calls I think that a question about the juxtaposition between Generations might come up. About how the older gen ( Mr and Mrs Birling) and stuck up in their own ways and are not willing to take any responsibility whereas the younger genereation ( Eric and Sheila) take responsibility and are remorseful.

Or a question about Sheila might come up as I don't think she has come up before.

ReputationRep:
    Was the foundation question about curley's wife same as the higher questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simranmehra6)
    hey, I dont understand anything about Curley- like what could I write about him when he comes up. As he isnt really a major character within the novel so I highly doubt he will come up on his own.

Also, for An Inspector Calls I think that a question about the juxtaposition between Generations might come up. About how the older gen ( Mr and Mrs Birling) and stuck up in their own ways and are not willing to take any responsibility whereas the younger genereation ( Eric and Sheila) take responsibility and are remorseful.

Or a question about Sheila might come up as I don't think she has come up before.
    Sheila came up before, I forgot which exam

ReputationRep:
    I have a question about the poem 'Quickdraw,' why does Duffy use an ambiguous title?
    Hey, I have an idea about the title; 'quickdraw' is generally terminology for an old western stand-off. So, Duffy almost makes the poem a game of live and death, maybe saying the same about love itself.

I'm doing The Crucible, Relationships and Of Mice And Men. So, we think Danforth, Sonnet 116 and Slim/Curley? Any other ideas as to what could come up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simranmehra6)

There was one about present the changes of sheila throughout the play or something

ReputationRep:
    Anybody here do "The Crucible" What is likely to come up on June 2013 paper? Really panicking now , gonna have to work hard all day tommorow -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TAPTUT)
    it was good and i would give it most marks but u need to show your engagement with the text for example,-this line speaks out me showing... this resonates with me... Also i think u need to talk abit more about steinbecks intentions.Otherwise that is great
    Thank you very much for your feedback...I will try to make sure I talk mroe about Steinbeck's intentions next time

ReputationRep:
    I found this http://cherwellenglish.typepad.com/f...h-qp-jan13.pdf
    So I dont think social class will come up, I think responsibility or the juxtaposition between generations might come up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cycahm)
    It was me -.-
    oops... i talk to a fair few people and i guess i only remember who i was talking to via their pics... or if they have really weird usernames lol

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...7#post42653777

^^ already been discovered...

ReputationRep:
    student room predictions are never right! Just revise everything-.-

ReputationRep:
    If you are doing Moon on the Tides - Relationships.
    I have attached an excellent resource.
    I used this last year and I scored almost full marks 52/54 raw marks? If I remember
    correctly!

I GUARANTEE YOU THIS WILL PUSH YOU OVER THE NEXT GRADE BOUNDARY

I sat the exam Jan 2012, scored very high. Why? My teacher told me to just literally, memorise a few of the points. Even if you don't know one extremely well, it doesn't matter if your analysis is focused more on on poem. As long as you are comparing all the way throughout and maintaining good structure, linking one point with the next etc, you are good to go! I apologise for leaving it so late, people have been messaging me and asking me to email it to them, I didn't get a chance to because I've been busy with A level revisionl! Better late than never though! I really hope you make good use out of it and share it with your friends. I would also like to add, GOODLUCK!!

I have my exam script/paper from the actual exam too! So I will post that if you want it, but I'm not sure how useful that would be because my handwriting is awful!
    If I get time before the exam I will post it, if you think it might be useful, I did harmonium and praise song.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Relationships Poetry.pdf (350.1 KB, 1106 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 344302)
    If you are doing Moon on the Tides - Relationships.[SIZE=3] I have attached an excellent resource.I used this last year and I scored almost full ums! 52/54? If I remember
    correctly!
    I GUARANTEE YOU THIS WILL PUSH YOU OVER THE NEXT GRADE BOUNDARY
    ive attached the one for conflict also....

and it is ok.. the CGP stuff is better

and thats raw marks... not ums ??
    Attached Images
  2. File Type: pdf Conflict-Poetry-Study-Guide.pdf (349.7 KB, 171 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanb97)
    ive attached the one for conflict also....

and it is ok.. the CGP stuff is better

and thats raw marks... not ums ??
    Its been over a year since I sat the exam, so I actually can't remember. Yeah raw marks probably!

I have my paper with my essay from the actual exam too! So I will post that if you want it, but I'm not sure how useful that would be because my handwriting is awful!
    If I get time before the exam I will post it because I got full marks for the first section

At the time I didn't have a cgp and this was the most useful thing ever! It has the points there, and explained. Ofc you need your class notes and maybe someone elses interpretation of the poems, so I recommend you ask your friends to send you some interesting points they have for each poem. This is so beneficial

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanb97)
    oops... i talk to a fair few people and i guess i only remember who i was talking to via their pics... or if they have really weird usernames lol
    Yeh me too well hopefully you'll remember me now

ReputationRep:
    Does someone have any good aic revision notes they could send me thanks x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 344302)
    Its been over a year since I sat the exam, so I actually can't remember. Yeah raw marks probably!

I have my paper with my essay from the actual exam too! So I will post that if you want it, but I'm not sure how useful that would be because my handwriting is awful!
    If I get time before the exam I will post it because I got full marks for the first section

At the time I didn't have a cgp and this was the most useful thing ever! It has the points there, and explained. Ofc you need your class notes and maybe someone elses interpretation of the poems, so I recommend you ask your friends to send you some interesting points they have for each poem. This is so beneficial
    im doing conflict so it wont be that elpfulll to me...maybe to the rest of TSR yes... helpfull

wow! -- we havent covered all the poems in class

we like livng on the edge lol
    ryan

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.