and the one after that i wrote phenol!!

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find it overall?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super121)
    How did everyone find it overall?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Very average. I think the grade boundaries might go up to like June 2012 to around 80 for an A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NielsBohrsDad)
    for the funct group i wrote alkene
    and the one after that i wrote phenol!!
    It said in that question not to write down the hydroxyl group, so it's not phenol, but ether

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abzy1234)
    Very average. I think the grade boundaries might go up to like June 2012 to around 80 for an A.
    Yea, I think so too. I sat the June and I found this one easier

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wrote ester instead of ether, damn.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was alright, how bout everyone else?

I know of one mark I've dropped (first question I had 2 Br on the molecule not 4!)

Did everyone remember to convert 200kg to 200000g?

ReputationRep:
    Yea, I think so too. I sat the June and I found this one easier

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wholly agree. The pre-release questions in this paper were more straight forward I feel in comparison to last year.

ReputationRep:
    2 marks
    wait i probably didn't put diene i might have remebered it wrongly but if you draw out 2,6 di methyl oct5 ene is that also the same as 2ethyl 6 methyl hept 2 ene ? can someone confirm this by drawing it out now????

ReputationRep:
    I thought the exam went well, now I'm not too sure. unofficial mark scheme anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Q 1. Was 3,7-dimethyloct-3-ene

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davelittle)
    I thought it was alright, how bout everyone else?

I know of one mark I've dropped (first question I had 2 Br on the molecule not 4!)

Did everyone remember to convert 200kg to 200000g?
    Yah, I thought it was a really nice paper!

And yeah, but I nearly got caught out by the mole ratio! If I'm correct, this was the way to do it:

200kg= 200,000g

Mr of NaCl= 58.5

No. of moles in NaCl= 200000/58.5

2 moles of NaCl is required to produce one mole of chlorine, so (200000/58.5)/2.

Then 24dm3 multiplied by (200000/58.5)/2. Which should give an answer of around 41,000 to 3.sf.

ReputationRep:
    What did people put for that question about the relationship between global warming and the concentration in the trophosphere etc? Cant remember it exactly..

ReputationRep:

And yeah, but I nearly got caught out by the mole ratio! If I'm correct, this was the way to do it:

200kg= 200,000g

Mr of NaCl= 58.5

2 moles of NaCl is required to produce one mole of chlorine, so (200000/58.5)/2.

Then 24dm3 multiplied by (200000/58.5)/2. Which should give an answer of around 41,000 to 3.sf.
    Didn't we have to work out the Mr of 2NaCl, apart from that I did the same steps

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

200kg= 200,000g

Mr of NaCl= 58.5

It didn't ask for sig fig so I put 41025dm^3

Seems right to me though!

ReputationRep:
    Didn't we have to work out the Mr of 2NaCl, apart from that I did the same steps

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I worked out 2nacl too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fillly)
    What did people put for that question about the relationship between global warming and the concentration in the trophosphere etc? Cant remember it exactly..
    There's a correlation between higher levels of greenhouse gases and increasing temp. It came up in one of the past papers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No just NaCl, the 2:1 ratio of NaCl to Cl2 meant you had to half the moles of NaCl (not multiply the Mr by 2).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juniorx)
    wait i probably didn't put diene i might have remebered it wrongly but if you draw out 2,6 di methyl oct5 ene is that also the same as 2ethyl 6 methyl hept 2 ene ? can someone confirm this by drawing it out now????
    if this is wrong can someone tell me why it is wrong?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 29, 2014
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.