Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law-Hopeful)
    I just got the 5 week email from LSE for Law!

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping for an offer but at least I'm still in the game

Congrats!! Lets hope we make it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hvrey)
    Congrats!! Lets hope we make it.
    Thank you!

I'm sure we'll be fine, good luck regardless

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluebell_flames)
    Considering that just about everyone on TSR has heard from LSE within at most 2 weeks following the 2 week email, the fact that 5 out of 5 people who received that email on a specific date from a specific department haven't heard from them after 3 weeks is a bit of coincidence.
    It might just be the Maths department have been delayed or something, I applied a week ago and I haven't received the 2 week email yet...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingmango)
    It might just be the Maths department have been delayed or something, I applied a week ago and I haven't received the 2 week email yet...
    Aww, I'm sure you'll hear from them very soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President M.E.)
    Anyone got the 5 week email for Philosophy and Economics?
    Nope, still waiting.
    Got the two week email exactly three weeks ago now, so beginning to worry a bit

ReputationRep:
    They have so many applicants to consider (if I remember well, it was written 17000 on their website). They do it for years now so don't worry guys if you have still received nothing (talking about the 5week email).. It's better than receiving a rejection no ? if you received the 2 week email than you will receive something soon don't worry, they have your email adress, I think they have to be really occupated that's all good luck to everyone! My "too weeks" finish tomorrow so I'll see if a receive a rejection or the 5week email...cross my fingers!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thinkthings)
    Sigh. No one here has actually passed the 5-week email stage, right? It's entirely possible that by the end of the 5-weeks, we'll get another email stating that it'll take another couple more weeks, especially since the wording of the 5-week email ("I will be in touch at the end of this process to let you know what happens next") doesn't promise a decision : ( They might throw us into the gathered field and we'll probably have to wait until March :\ It could be a very longgggg few months.
    One person on TSR has skipped the 5 week stage and has an offer- Chab-Chab for law.

I'm sure if there's one there must be others!

ReputationRep:
    Sigh. No one here has actually passed the 5-week email stage, right? It's entirely possible that by the end of the 5-weeks, we'll get another email stating that it'll take another couple more weeks, especially since the wording of the 5-week email ("I will be in touch at the end of this process to let you know what happens next") doesn't promise a decision : ( They might throw us into the gathered field and we'll probably have to wait until March :\ It could be a very longgggg few months.
    Well they did say that you find out by 12 weeks of your application. So for me and a lot of others that does mean by the end of this calendar year

ReputationRep:
    Considering that just about everyone on TSR has heard from LSE within at most 2 weeks following the 2 week email, the fact that 5 out of 5 people who received that email on a specific date from a specific department haven't heard from them after 3 weeks is a bit of coincidence.
    um the fact that you all received the 2 week email on the same day from the same department makes the fact you haven't heard from them the very opposite of coincidental, you need to calm down

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    anyone applying for philo and economics here?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I remember reading her post (with insane jealousy, ha ha :P). I read somewhere that she had fairly exceptional qualifications though, compared to us mere mortal souls
    Indeed, on her info on the stalking page is astounding! This is in the extra section:

'#1 in the English Olympiad; Two-time National-level winning debater; Two-time All-India short story prize winner; Published author; Co-written an academic article on a new law of divorce; Received Medal for Services to the State from New Delhi Chief Minister; lobbied for a new law under divorce that benefits women in dire straits; Head Girl; Attended 5 international MUNs; Editor of school newspaper; academically recognised degree-holder in Kathak (Indian classical dance)'

How can you co-write an academic article at 17/18 :shock:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smile:D)
    Indeed, on her info on the stalking page is astounding! This is in the extra section:

'#1 in the English Olympiad; Two-time National-level winning debater; Two-time All-India short story prize winner; Published author; Co-written an academic article on a new law of divorce; Received Medal for Services to the State from New Delhi Chief Minister; lobbied for a new law under divorce that benefits women in dire straits; Head Girl; Attended 5 international MUNs; Editor of school newspaper; academically recognised degree-holder in Kathak (Indian classical dance)'

How can you co-write an academic article at 17/18 :shock:
    Oh snap and I had hopes that my personal statement could be any good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thisisjokes)
    Nope, still waiting.
    Got the two week email exactly three weeks ago now, so beginning to worry a bit
    Yeah I think the Philosophy department is being a bit slow with applications, as per usual...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azns)
    um the fact that you all received the 2 week email on the same day from the same department makes the fact you haven't heard from them the very opposite of coincidental, you need to calm down

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I guess that's not entirely untrue
    UCAS is just way too stressful

ReputationRep:
    I guess that's not entirely untrue
    UCAS is just way too stressful
    It is stressful, isn't it? To be honest, if I didn't have an email saying they would be in touch in 2 weeks then I wouldn't be anxious - I would just be waiting like everyone else. It's the fact that the email said they would be in touch in 2 weeks. And yet here we are over 3 weeks later still waiting.

if we are all borderline like the OP suggested then why didn't they send the 5 week email so we know we are still under consideration.

one of the other people on here who got their 2 week email on 7th October the same as us has straight set of A* at GCSE and all sorts of extra stuff.

I still think it is a bit strange but time will tell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josiejo1970)
    It is stressful, isn't it? To be honest, if I didn't have an email saying they would be in touch in 2 weeks then I wouldn't be anxious - I would just be waiting like everyone else. It's the fact that the email said they would be in touch in 2 weeks. And yet here we are over 3 weeks later still waiting.

if we are all borderline like the OP suggested then why didn't they send the 5 week email so we know we are still under consideration.

one of the other people on here who got their 2 week email on 7th October the same as us has straight set of A* at GCSE and all sorts of extra stuff.

I still think it is a bit strange but time will tell.
    I completely agree

I'm just really worried about LSE as I've applied for straight maths everywhere else, so I've barely written anything about econ in my PS, so I'm scared LSE will hate me for it

Best of luck with your applications and lets hope we hear from them soon!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lisa96)
    How long did you have to wait after getting your two week email? I'm also applying for Law
    I applied on the 11th October, got my LSE confirmation on the 15th, two week email on the 16th and got the five week email today!

Good to see another law applicant What other universities have you applied to if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smile:D)
    One person on TSR has skipped the 5 week stage and has an offer- Chab-Chab for law.

I'm sure if there's one there must be others!
    My friend has one for finance and management, it seems there must be a few people with offers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Interesting I got an acknowledgement on the 21st of October and then the two week email on the 24th. I wish I'd sent mine off earlier. Two weeks feels like an incredibly long time

My other choices are King's, Warwick and Bristol I'm indecisive about where I should apply as my final choice. Its between either UCL, Durham or Nottingham, however I'm not sure how well i've done in the LNAT :/ I think i'll pick my fifth choice once I start get my offers/rejections.

Where else have you applied? Also congrats on getting the five week email! I'm so worried I'm going to be rejected from LSE since my GCSE grades aren't as good as other LSE applicants :/
    The two weeks fly by... ish

I've applied to Cambridge, LSE, UCL, King's and Warwick - quite similar to you; great minds eh Go for UCL - it's amazing for Law! Plus, I've applied there! Ah, I have my LNAT on November 7th - should probably start preparing soon... :rolleyes:

I'm sure you'll be fine! How did you do at GCSE? As long as you're predicted A*AA and have a good PS you probably have a good chance What A levels did/do you do?

ReputationRep:
    I really want to study in London so I think I might choose UCL

Have you done any LNAT practice papers? I felt mine was easier than the ones online, but I was unsure about two possible answers for quite a few of the questions, so I might have lost loads of marks

I got 3A*s, 2As and 3Bs which is horrific for LSE's standards I'm predicted A*AAAC in Religious Studies, Economics, Literature, EPQ and AS History. I hope they like my personal statement, as I feel it's my only chance of getting an offer. However, I guess it's quite subjective seeing as one admission assessor may love a PS, whilst someone else may completely hate it I hope the personal reviewing my application is nice..
    I'll PM you instead of derailing the thread!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.