Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scrabble96)
    Yeah, no revising LAs.

The 2009 question was "asses the impact of devolution on decision making for Scotland."
    The marking instructions say to include the impact of devolved powers and the impact of other features of devolution on decision making for Scotland. What would the "other features" be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    well the postive impact would be devolved powers, AMS, SP being closer more accessible etcccc AND the negative impact would be no say over reserved powers, finance is by westminster, no say over EU matters etc.

hope this helps or is right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KeeKeeDee)
    I have a STV vs FPTP essay that is 14/15 if anyone wants it?
    me please, that would be a huge help!

ReputationRep:
    That would be amazing if you could send me it when you're free. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Me too please!

ReputationRep:
    I have my exams in 2 more days.

I am pretty much covered but one thing I cannot find anywhere online are example essays.

Can someone here please email me some example essays which scored well for any of the following topics:

Health/Wealth
    China
    Electoral Systems
    South Africa

Very much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got a Welfare state essay that I could see or a good essay plan?

ReputationRep:
    does anybody have a PR vs FPTP essay or a plan, or tell me how i would go about structuring it please?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone bothering to revise the factors effecting voting behaviour? I mean it has come up in the past two papers... Does that also mean it's unlikely influence of media will come up?

I really hope so because i'm really just focusing on electoral systems and the presence of a two party system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fjords)
    Anyone bothering to revise the factors effecting voting behaviour? I mean it has come up in the past two papers... Does that also mean it's unlikely influence of media will come up?

I really hope so because i'm really just focusing on electoral systems and the presence of a two party system.
    im taking the chance and doing just voting systems. I mean if there was a question on voting behaviours to come up itll be on social class but i dunooo man lol maybe i might look at it the day before or something..

ReputationRep:
    If anyone's struggling to find info about the effectiveness of US government policies to reduce social and economic inequalities, I found a very useful link here http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...45960087,d.d2k
    from Banchory Academy in the form of a word document.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone bothering to revise powers of the president for the usa?

ReputationRep:
    Any points/examples for individualist vs collectivist or essays/plans?

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody have any predictions for the EU?

ReputationRep:
    Could I have a copy please?

ReputationRep:
    I sat it last year and most people agreed the essay questions were quite simple, powers of the prime minister/ / president (USA), the standard link between health and wealth question, effect of media on voting, gender or race inequality, has the welfare state met its aims...so I think it might be more on the others this year, pressure groups, civil service - my teacher was certain it would come up last year and it didn't so he could be right about it this year.. I would say study the more unique topics and avoid the dead simple ones, don't think powers of the prime minister/ president or the other simple questions will come up, though I could be wrong! Don't know if that was any help haha! good luck everyone! (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladymarshmallow)
    Is anyone bothering to revise powers of the president for the usa?
    Nah, not in depth anyway. I made a quick essay plan that i'll glance over but that's it.

(Original post by CarlyR)
    Any points/examples for individualist vs collectivist or essays/plans?
    I think there is a 15/15 example essay on the Understanding Standards part of the SQA site.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scottish19)
    If anyone needs any notes, give me a shout. Got an A last year. happy to help anyone
    How did you get an A? Was it lots of facts or well balanced points?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fjords)

I think there is a 15/15 example essay on the Understanding Standards part of the SQA site.
    Thanks do you have a link?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CarlyR)
    Thanks do you have a link?
    The question is: Critically examine the view that government, not individuals, should be responsible for health and welfare provision.

http://www.understandingstandards.or...mples/example6

The second response is the one that received full marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollie.w)
    I sat it last year and most people agreed the essay questions were quite simple, powers of the prime minister/ / president (USA), the standard link between health and wealth question, effect of media on voting, gender or race inequality, has the welfare state met its aims...so I think it might be more on the others this year, pressure groups, civil service - my teacher was certain it would come up last year and it didn't so he could be right about it this year.. I would say study the more unique topics and avoid the dead simple ones, don't think powers of the prime minister/ president or the other simple questions will come up, though I could be wrong! Don't know if that was any help haha! good luck everyone! (:
    what are your teachers predictions for erm wealth and health topic?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.