Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i give up.
    just had an argument over facebook chat with my mum about getting a job, and shes laughing at the fact i have no motivation. i just shut facebook down cos i cba with her reply. waiting for her to phone me now. if she says anything i dunno what ill do, i still havnt officially told her everything

ReputationRep:
    I'm so weary. I want to lie down and go to sleep.

ReputationRep:
    Urgh. So exams start in a week and I feel so unprepared. I've been working hard this term but maybe a few weeks of hard work isn't really enough to learn a year's worth of information. Feeling a touch wobbly tbh. :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    Anyone know how to tell if this is a bipolar depression or a depression caused by a side effect of my contraceptive? I was warned it could cause depression and went with one with the lowest risk but obviously that doesn't eliminate it. Not sure whether this has anything to do with it
    What is the name of your Pill?

ReputationRep:
    sttruggling so much aftre what happends today but i cannsea talkg to anyone cause i dunngo were to evean starts :s i nceed to keeap my minds occupid rightr now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dee Leigh)
    What is the name of your Pill?
    I've got Mirena, I think it's levonorgesteral or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lethean girl)
    I'm so weary. I want to lie down and go to sleep.
    Same! :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This Citalopram is so annoying. I'm always tired and stuff. My sleep pattern is also messed up thanks to taking naps.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Possibly ED trigger..

Spoiler:
    Show
    How do you make yourself eat when you're depressed? I'm having a really bad episode and my appetite has gone, eating is hard and it feels like chewing cardboard and I don't have the energy to make myself meals anyway. I'm skippping loads of meals and just eating really small amounts, like a couple of slices of apples or something. I'm hardly eating anything which is obviously not good, but I don't know how to make myself. My mum keeps telling me I'll feel worse if I don't eat, but it's just such an effort.

Just had my first final exam today...can't say I did any good at all but I really wore myself out studying for it, and I really have no will to continue studying at all

Seriosuly, the stress I go through during exams is exhausting and I've been living with it for years now, but it just feels like I can't do this anymore....I don't want to do this anymore

Right now I actually feel so numb and careless, that I'm not upset at how badly I've done, and I don't even feel like studying well for the upcoming exams...I just feel like I want them to be over...I just want to get through this somehow....I just want it to be my last exam day already...

I wish I could be more like normal people, I wish studying would only be tiring for me because of the study load or the time spent studying alone without the mental and psychological torment I go through.

It's funny how right now I feel like I'm really challenging myself, by just letting how I feel out right now, right in the middle of me having my exams, the fact that that's (to me) something offbeat and a great change in a time where I crave routine...where I feel that life stops and doing anything at all in any way is just prohibited at time like these...and the whole me not treating myself humanely during that period :sigh: this probably doesn't really make any sense, because it's all random and unexplained....but it's just that...I'm really tired ...and I wish someone could just save me out of all of it....
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Nut.)
    I know that it's possible to block certain people from sending you messages on facebook, and that sounds like it might be a useful feature for you.

It doesn't sound like a very nice situation but it's good that you know you've done nothing wrong and that this isn't your fault. You just have to keep remembering that and try to find ways to prevent him from contacting you I think. :hugs:
    Thanks. I spoke to my dad who wasn't happy and said he hopes he doesn't know where I live, which he doesn't. I sometimes go past where he lives. It looks like I'll be taking the long route to avoid him then.

He has been blocked on Facebook. My sister said that he can also be reported on Facebook for harassment, or something.

He wants to get some people involved to sort this out. There's nothing to sort out - he just has to learn that contacting me all the time and blackmailing me when I refuse to speak / meet him, isn't on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avhhs)
    This Citalopram is so annoying. I'm always tired and stuff. My sleep pattern is also messed up thanks to taking naps.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me too omg i could sleep all day if i was allowed haha. My eyes are almost always tired too, you know like feel really heavy. Idk its just annoying :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Just had my first final exam today...can't say I did any good at all but I really wore myself out studying for it, and I really have no will to continue studying at all

Seriosuly, the stress I go through during exams is exhausting and I've been living with it for years now, but it just feels like I can't do this anymore....I don't want to do this anymore

Right now I actually feel so numb and careless, that I'm not upset at how badly I've done, and I don't even feel like studying well for the upcoming exams...I just feel like I want them to be over...I just want to get through this somehow....I just want it to be my last exam day already...

I wish I could be more like normal people, I wish studying would only be tiring for me because of the study load or the time spent studying alone without the mental and psychological torment I go through.

It's funny how right now I feel like I'm really challenging myself, by just letting how I feel out right now, right in the middle of me having my exams, the fact that that's (to me) something offbeat and a great change in a time where I crave routine...where I feel that life stops and doing anything at all in any way is just prohibited at time like these...and the whole me not treating myself humanely during that period :sigh: this probably doesn't really make any sense, because it's all random and unexplained....but it's just that...I'm really tired ...and I wish someone could just save me out of all of it....
    :hugs:/brohugs if you're a guy, you never know, you may have done better than you generally think and this exam is over now, you don't have to worry about it any more

It's the same with me and coursework, I just don't know how much more I can continue because i've been mentally exhausted for quite sometime now and so i've been on autopilot for the last few months. I'm a little more motivated now because the end of the year is in sight and that's something to look forward to

Like I said, circle the last exam in red pen or highlight it in some way because then you're counting down the last days/weeks till when it's all over. You can relax and have fun for a while afterwards

:hugs: You are normal, we all are although I understand what you mean. Revising/coursework adds to my psychological/mental torment also and it makes me stressed out and everything to a great scale. When I struggle with something now, my confidence gets shattered where as before, it made me super motivated and loved the challenge.

Perhaps some much needed rest is needed for the day! When I did exams, rest periods helped in revitalising my desire to succeed. But again, I also understand that it's hard to rest when you know you got important exams coming up. Just think of the the summer ahead and what you could potentially be doing in that time

Sorry if it wasn't overly helpful, but you can always pm if you ever wished too! I'll try and reply to it whenever as quickly as possible :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FuzzySheep)
    :jumphug: :console: I'm so sorry, that sounds so horrible You can absolutely keep a hold on things and control them, you really can. Offer of a PM always there :hugs:
    :jumphug: Thank you, you're always so lovely to me :hugs: The same goes to you, too. How are you doing hun? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by avhhs)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is it making you tired because it's messing up your sleep or is it just making you tired in general?

ReputationRep:
    My wife sprung a department social meeting this afternoon on me, thankfully I have some fruit so can bake something tasty. This is my perfect plan: bake something delicious then people will compliment me on it rather than realizing what a total social retard I am. Kind of freaking out about how many people there will be there. :afraid: I hate how much of a coward I am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PonchoKid)
    i give up.
    just had an argument over facebook chat with my mum about getting a job, and shes laughing at the fact i have no motivation. i just shut facebook down cos i cba with her reply. waiting for her to phone me now. if she says anything i dunno what ill do, i still havnt officially told her everything
    :hugs:
    I think the only thing you can do is either tell her the whole truth or just ignore what she has to say. :hugs: I'm sure if she knew how bad things are she wouldn't be so abrasive :hugs:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Welcome to any newbies and apologies for not keeping up with the thread

(Original post by Little Isis)
    Is there something seriously wrong with me if i love the abuser i call my boyfriend?
    It's no reflection on you, if that's what you mean :nah: :hugs: :console:

Hi, sorry to trouble this thread but I was hoping someone could give me some advice because I've given up pretending. Hope the day is day-ish for you and an improvement on yesterday, and sorry for the rant I'm about to go into and sorry if it wastes anyone's time.

So I've been the way I am since about 2011, and I've just finished a few sessions of counselling with my school, and I actually give up. The counselling was ****, or at least, that is what I have analytically deduced given that I have no ****ing feelings whatsoever and just wish everyone would **** off. Exams start next week, on my birthday, and I am not prepared for them mentally/emotionally, not even physically. After two years of on average 3 hours sleep, not being able to leave the house because I'm **** scared to leave my ROOM in case I ruin someone's life or say something and someone magically dies or something because ever since I was a little kid, my parents essentially helped me convince myself that I am a cursed jinxer who ruins lives including theirs. Frequently, I'm asked why my mother bothered giving birth to me (my mother asks me this question all the time), I spend all my time running round hoping I can help people just because it's what past-me would do and I just literally sit through the night making sure people don't die. Spent the good part of L6 caring for a granddad with dementia who was suicidal and hallucinating, I'm the only one he recognised so would be on night patrol making sure he was safe and calming him down, plus I was getting hacked at by school who were yelling about how I'm never in, about how I never do work etc. etc. and had the cheek to tell me to work HARDER when I was spending all my time trying to find time to work for school, and I worked so hard yet still flunked my AS levels but it worked out okay because now I have an offer from Oxford somehow. Anyway, that's not the point. The point is, I can walk through snow in a t-shirt and not feel cold, I can know of the most horrifying things that society would scream about and not flinch, feel nothing, and I'm so tired of it, one way. Physically, I just don't want to eat, I feel sick to eat half the time, I don't want to do anything, I don't want to walk around life, I'd rather just sleep all the time, but I can't even sleep, and I tried to go to a GP in 2011 but he was **** and all that happened was I broke down and started to cry, and all he did was send me for some blood test that came back normal (because I only had 4 periods in a year at max). I don't even know. How can I go see the GP again? How do I tell my exams officer that I'd like special consideration because my entire sixthform life has been hindered by all of this. I am actually just so close to bolting and leaving but I can't do that because my parents would kill me. I cause all the problems, am responsible for everyone (in both my and their eyes) and just literally, they have a go at me over me breathing wrong, speaking wrong, looking wrong, just everything, and I have panic attacks where they've cornered me in a kitchen and I just want to disappear on the spot. I don't know if this numbness that has entrenched itself in me is in response to emotional torment and constant, daily guilt-tripping and being told that I'm either going to be the end of my parents, or going to get dementia or that my dad will get dementia or blah blah blah. Basically, it's just been a rollercoaster of hell, but in the bowels of the earth in its deepest darkest pits.

tl;dr what next, do I see a GP again? My one is crap. My neighbour died last week. He told her the chest pains she was having were nothing, she had a heart attack that day. Douchebag.

Ooops I mentioned some stuff I'm not supposed to in the heat of the moment, and I can't edit it. I'm sorry, seriously, if someone can somehow change it to omit certain words, PLEASE DO.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.