Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Post your unpopular opinions... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brit_Miller)
    Really could not agree any more. No one deserves respect for taking up a job that potentially involves killing someone.
    But don't they deserve respect for risking their life for you? My decision may be slightly biased

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kilroy8)
    But don't they deserve respect for risking their life for you? My decision may be slightly biased
    Why for me? In the recent past soldiers have been deployed fighting wars the British public never wanted to be a part of.

I might agree if it were out of necessity.

ReputationRep:
    Why for me? In the recent past soldiers have been deployed fighting wars the British public never wanted to be a part of.

I might agree if it were out of necessity.
    It's the politicians that send them to war. And we all know politicians don't give a toss what the public want

ReputationRep:
    Emma Watson is an unattractive girl who doesn't fit in anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    It's the politicians that send them to war. And we all know politicians don't give a toss what the public want
    I don't disagree - but what's noble or respect-worthy about being under the command of that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KICHMYARSE)
    Emma Watson is an unattractive girl who doesn't fit in anywhere.

Really?

ReputationRep:
    I don't disagree - but what's noble or respect-worthy about being under the command of that?
    Nothing really. It does take courage, I suppose that is what I respect. The fact that someone can walk down to an IED & calmly defuse it, whilst at any time it could detonate, turning them into pink mist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nohomo)

Really?
    yes. not kidding. she gets on my nerve even though i dont know her. i must really hate her.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing really. It does take courage, I suppose that is what I respect. The fact that someone can walk down to an IED & calmly defuse it, whilst at any time it could detonate, turning them into pink mist.
    Certainly takes balls doing something like that! But I could never submit myself to a job where I may have to kill someone - especially if I didn't agree with the reasons.

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh let's see.

We should stop all foreign aid & unskilled immigration, bring back the death penalty for serious crimes, stop unemployment benefits entirely and create labour camps for those filthy chavs to work producing weapons and trade goods in exchange for food and a bed (under pain of death of course). Anti-social behaviour and laziness should be entirely stamped out, and we should turn Britain into a Western North Korea (but with actual power) and then go ahead and rebuild the Empire to the point of whole world domination, so we can finally drink tea in peace whilst noshing on crumpets and watch Dr. Who without having to worry ourselves about things like Syria and Islam. JOLLY GOOD SHOW.

ReputationRep:
    I think David Cameron is a brilliant prime minister.

I've compared to him to the likes of Gordon Brown, Tony Blair and Margaret Thatcher and I think he's the best out of the recent prime ministers by far (however I do disagree with some of his policies but advocate most of them despite not supporting any particular political party at this instance - I like him, not sure about his party though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyla_Mikaeal)
    I think David Cameron is a brilliant prime minister.

I've compared to him to the likes of Gordon Brown, Tony Blair and Margaret Thatcher and I think he's the best out of the recent prime ministers by far (however I do disagree with some of his policies but advocate most of them despite not supporting any particular political party at this instance - I like him, not sure about his party though.
    He's a ****. You're right that your opinion is unpopular

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord_Viral)
    we should turn Britain into a Western North Korea
    lol.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    The amount of work done in schools, colleges and universities in the UK is abysmal compared to Russia.

Wars nowadays are pointless compared to the World Wars.

Slumdog Millionaire is the worst movie I have ever seen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShannonOliver)
    Football is crap and I don't see why people like it so much.
    When a football team wins YOU did not get through YOU did not win THEY did
    football is nothing without the fans

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nohomo)
    He's a ****. You're right that your opinion is unpopular
    Haha I know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    This is blasphemy of the highest order. Football is the greatest sport in the world females won't understand.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's why it's an UNPOPULAR opinion, but seriously you didn't win they did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluester)
    football is nothing without the fans
    Maybe, but you are the fans you did not play in the match they did therefore you did not win they did.

ReputationRep:
    I can't stand slang words e.g YOLO and when someone says 'it's sick' this makes me think of puke - not preferable.

I am a very deterministic person and believe that nobody is technically responsible for their actions as they were environmentally determined etc etc. .. although I do also hold the view that within this there are emotions that need to be considered. I don't know if this is a coherent argument. Basically I take the stance of John Locke that we are determined 9/10.

(It is strange as people often disagree with my opinions but these are the only ones coming to mind- will be back to this thread when I remember)
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by 3LostContinents)
    Soldiers should not get special treatment.
    In this country joining the army is not compulsory, so they should be fully aware of the tragic things their job entails.
    There is no glory in killing other human beings, so I don't think soldiers should be praised for "protecting the country".

I'll go hide in a corner and wait for death threats now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Agreed. If they do go out of their way to do something, then yes, they should be praised. But they shouldn't be priased just for being a soldier.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.