Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I also have an A&O interview, but I submitted very early (I think about late October). My interview is late January however as I have exams until the 24th!

ReputationRep:
    Is the CC link to the verbal reasoning test automatic - deadline is Monday and not sure if I can submit on a Saturday and still do the test in time..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liarpoker)
    Is the CC link to the verbal reasoning test automatic - deadline is Monday and not sure if I can submit on a Saturday and still do the test in time..
    Once you submit your application they send you a confirmation email which says they will send you another email with the link for the test over the next two days. For me, they have given me 5 days to take the test.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZaraW)
    Once you submit your application they send you a confirmation email which says they will send you another email with the link for the test over the next two days. For me, they have given me 5 days to take the test.
    Ah ok, AFAIK you have to sit the test before the deadline of the 5th.. I was just wondering whether I would receive an instant invite if I submit on Sunday!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applied to Skadden? If so, just wondering, who did you address the cover letter to? Or do we actually need to address it to someone where it tells us to put our 250 word cover letter in the box???

ReputationRep:
    Ah ok, AFAIK you have to sit the test before the deadline of the 5th.. I was just wondering whether I would receive an instant invite if I submit on Sunday!
    Probably best to try and submit your CC app before sunday just in case!!!

ReputationRep:
    Sheet, where did you heat that? I'm planning on submitting mine tomorrow night or the day after :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Defragmentation)
    Sheet, where did you heat that? I'm planning on submitting mine tomorrow night or the day after :/
    Pretty sure I saw it on the Facebook group - Hence why I hope the invite is automatic, since I don't really need much time to practice.

ReputationRep:
    The many hoops we have to jump through :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure I saw it on the Facebook group - Hence why I hope the invite is automatic, since I don't really need much time to practice.
    Eugh, need to rush to get CC sent then. Having a preliminary deadline of 5th and requiring one to also complete an additional test in that time doesn't really make much sense though :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Eugh, need to rush to get CC sent then. Having a preliminary deadline of 5th and requiring one to also complete an additional test in that time doesn't really make much sense though :confused:
    No offence - but applications opened on the 1st October. Unless you have a really good reason why you couldn't do it up until this point, then I kind of understand why they won't make it easier for you. Although, I reckon the deadline is probably just for applications and not the test also - but obviously I don't know for sure!

ReputationRep:
    The application isn't too strenuous thankfully, two of my questions were copy and paste jobs (shoot me! :lol:) The other two are not too bad. Don't take my word for it, but I'm pretty sure I saw on the page, think it was something like the test needs to also be completed by that date.

(Original post by Lucilou101)
    No offence - but applications opened on the 1st October. Unless you have a really good reason why you couldn't do it up until this point, then I kind of understand why they won't make it easier for you. Although, I reckon the deadline is probably just for applications and not the test also - but obviously I don't know for sure!
    You have a point, but it's not rolling so as a result most people will have prioritised any other application.

Makes sense for it to be the test also to avoid people sitting their test 5 days after their deadline.. (saw that they plan to send out interview invites from next week onwards.

ReputationRep:
    I would also imagine that the deadline is probably just for the test, but you should probably call and check

ReputationRep:
    The application isn't too strenuous thankfully, two of my questions were copy and paste jobs (shoot me! :lol:) The other two are not too bad. Don't take my word for it, but I'm pretty sure I saw on the page, think it was something like the test needs to also be completed by that date.

You have a point, but it's not rolling so as a result most people will have prioritised any other application.

Makes sense for it to be the test also to avoid people sitting their test 5 days after their deadline.. (saw that they plan to send out interview invites from next week onwards.
    Invites for the first-year scheme are being sent out on the 7th - possibly the same for vac schemes? I'd imagine vac schemes take longer to go through though!

ReputationRep:
    x]
    http://scr.hu/2wt9/ghf06

ReputationRep:
    Revising hard this weekend but still keep getting distracted by thoughts of vac schemes :beard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChoccyWoccy)
    Revising hard this weekend but still keep getting distracted by thoughts of vac schemes :beard:
    How many applications have you sent/waiting to hear back from?

I have a feeling next week will be pretty big, haven't had an email since Christmas Eve!

ReputationRep:
    Tell us why you think your characteristics, qualities, experience and ambitions make you a strong candidate to contribute to Clifford Chance? You may find it useful to refer to both the graduate website www.cliffordchance.com/gradsuk and the main Clifford Chance site www.cliffordchance.com (Please limit your answer to no more than 300 words)*
    How did people approach the above? Is there a why Clifford Chance somewhere in there?

ReputationRep:
    How did people approach the above? Is there a why Clifford Chance somewhere in there?
    Although it's for the first year vac scheme, we had this same question in our application.

I approached it by firstly talking about my experience of working at a commercial law firm for 9 months and linking that in to why this would make me a strong candidate. Then spoke about qualities/characteristics I have and spoke how they were aligned with what CC strives for in its work for clients (found something Matthew Layton had spoke about so referenced this). Then just mentioned why else I would be a strong candidate and why CC would benefit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unsworth)
    Although it's for the first year vac scheme, we had this same question in our application.

I approached it by firstly talking about my experience of working at a commercial law firm for 9 months and linking that in to why this would make me a strong candidate. Then spoke about qualities/characteristics I have and spoke how they were aligned with what CC strives for in its work for clients (found something Matthew Layton had spoke about so referenced this). Then just mentioned why else I would be a strong candidate and why CC would benefit.
    Cheers pal, very kind of you to share such helpful information.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.