Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by konradical)
    I can understand why, Oxbridge demand 3 at once so that students "are able to handle the workload", my problem is that I wasn't told about these requirements. Seriously, if you can find them on the website, I'll find you and give you a fiver
    I can inform you that the Manchester University website actually mentions that if you sat your examinations early, your application will be considered against the standard selection process for your chosen course.
    To find this, look under undergrad > how to apply > general entry requirements > more about UK entry > A-levels > Duration of study.

ReputationRep:
    Offer for International Management with American Business Studies N2T7

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer of AAB for Biology with a year in industrial/professional experience Gonna be heartbroken if I don't make the grades

ReputationRep:
    AAB offer for computer science!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Offer for electronic engineering, AAA

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieLisa96)
    anyone looking to study music?
    I've applied

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by konradical)
    Hi all, I'm looking for some advice
    I applied for Biology (C100) but my application was declined because:
    1. The University apparently doesn't count maths and further maths as separate A-Levels
    2. They require all 3 A-Levels to be done in one sitting
    Now my current A-Level choices are bio, maths and further maths (respective predictions AA*B) and 1 would mean that I can't use further maths, but I thought that would be fine because I also have an A-Level in Polish which I finished in 2012 and got grade A, but then I learned about 2 and essentially 2 of my A-Levels have been ignored. Had I known about these particular requirements, I never would've applied (or visited!) in the first place. They are listed nowhere on their website. What can I do? I've called UCAS but it's too late to change my application, I've called Manchester who have admitted to wasting my time (!) and I'm getting my school to write a letter asking them to reconsider my application. I have an offer for C100 from Sheffield who acknowledge my early A-Level.
    I'm not sure about that. It's probably just for Biology. I made a successful application for Physics and my current A-levels are Physics, Maths and Further Maths and I am pretty sure there are many other physics applicants with the same subject combination and it did not prove a problem for me so I will take a guess and say it is subject specific.

ReputationRep:
    anyone have an interview for chemistry on thursday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BethanSian95)
    I've applied
    have you had an interview?

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer for English Lit for AAA and they're going to look at my portfolio I submitted which, if they like it, will get me bumped up to Creative Writing as well

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer for International Management with American Business Studies, anyone else on this course who's going to firm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Winstanley_)
    Just got an offer for International Management with American Business Studies, anyone else on this course who's going to firm?
    Mine is just international management and im most likely going to firm it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    Hi,

This thread is for everyone who applies to, firms, insures and becomes a fresher at Manchester, starting September 2014! This is the place to find other applicants for your course, and to chat about applying to Manchester.

Last updated 28/11/13, post #761
    Offer of ABB after my interview!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbiemac)
    Offer of ABB after my interview!!
    Congratulations! I'm a bit behind on the list, but I'll update it asap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbiemac)
    Did they ask you any knowledge base questions? :3
    I got asked a brief question on a biochemical process I mentioned in my PS. I think that was about it
    I just noticed this was asked a while ago, sorry I didn't reply earlier hope it went well anyway!

ReputationRep:
    Unconditional for Politics, Philosophy and Economics
    Anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Assassinn)
    Unconditional for Politics, Philosophy and Economics
    Anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Unconditional? Are you on a gap year and already have your results or somthing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattDrane)
    Unconditional? Are you on a gap year and already have your results or somthing?
    Yep, quite surprised actually. PPE too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Assassinn)
    Yep, quite surprised actually. PPE too?
    Not Quite Economics and Politics

ReputationRep:
    I've got an offer from Manchester and only offer I'm left waiting to hear from is bath:/ what was your offer from bath?! I'm stressing as only predicted 3 B's. I think I'm going to put Manchester as first choice!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.