Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marffie)
    Anybody know when WJEC release their grade boundaries - I have a feeling it's tomorrow...

Martha of www.marffie.blogspot.com
    They've already released them. In fact, they released them at exactly 12: 01. So they've been out for a while. Here's the link:

https://www.wjecservices.co.uk/MarkToUMS/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlphaNick)
    lol 61/80 for an A*, I'm predicted an A but I think I've got the A* if thats the boundary lol... my coursework was 85/90
    Wow, nice Controlled Assessment mark, and yes, the grade boundary for an A* is surprisingly low this year - I was always predicted an A* but I doubted my ability of getting one. However, I beg to differ now haha.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Still better than you Nick

ReputationRep:
    I dont know if anyone posted the aqa grade boundaries but I THINK these are it:

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/sta...-JUNE-2014.PDF

Sorry if they already been posted!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GrandMasti)
    I'm doing Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics next year
    I could not do Science, I'm terrible!! What grades are you hoping for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrimeLime)
    They've already released them. In fact, they released them at exactly 12: 01. So they've been out for a while. Here's the link:

https://www.wjecservices.co.uk/MarkToUMS/

Thanks PrimeLime You're the best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blood)
    A* I think!

I would love an A^ but I don't think that'll happen as I made too many silly mistakes in the exam.
    Feeling exactly the same, so many silly mistakes.
    GL tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 260498)
    I could not do Science, I'm terrible!! What grades are you hoping for?
    At AS, hopefully AAAA. I might drop physics at A2, and then I will push myself for at least a couple of A*'s (definitely 1 in Maths)

ReputationRep:
    At AS, hopefully AAAA. I might drop physics at A2, and then I will push myself for at least a couple of A*'s (definitely 1 in Maths)
    Same, but I'll drop Further Maths. What Uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah385)
    I dont know if anyone posted the aqa grade boundaries but I THINK these are it:

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/sta...-JUNE-2014.PDF

Sorry if they already been posted!
    You don't really want those grade boundaries, because they only show the boundaries for each grade. These are better:

http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administ...t-marks-to-ums

They show you how each raw mark corresponds to each UMS mark .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 260498)
    Same, but I'll drop Further Maths. What Uni?
    Medicine at Oxbridge or Imperial. Wbu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyricalvibe)
    I know but they're normally ridiculously low like 20 marks or below for a C decent part is they remained low for physics but chemistry 1/2/3 I think is like 47 for an A* butv that was my best one so I'm hopeful :lol:
    Oh are you doing triple award? I'm doing double so that's usually around the mark for a C. I'm aiming for an A and the marks are near last years (I think it's one below?) so I'm hopeful too

ReputationRep:
    Medicine at Oxbridge or Imperial. Wbu?
    Economics at Cambridge or LSE! I can't wait to go uni

ReputationRep:
    You don't really want those grade boundaries, because they only show the boundaries for each grade. These are better:

http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administ...t-marks-to-ums

They show you how each raw mark corresponds to each UMS mark .
    Tanx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angelo12231)
    Je dont like french very much
    c'est superb, A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midgemeister7)
    We had to all do 'proper' sports, I ended up doing Football, Table Tennis, Circuit Training and Basketball - I got 79 :/ Yeah I know so many people who random obscure stuff where it's so easy to get 10s. Wouldn't mind usually, but it's annoying that boundaries are so high due to this and the fact that our teacher marks us incredibly harshly. He could have easily given me and everyone else a mark or 2 higher on each sport
    I did Athletics, Football, Rounders and Circuit Training. Yeah I know people who did Skiing and Diving. Teacher marked us harshly too, but the moderater marked us up on Key Process B when he came in. Oh wells, we'll just have to see how we did tomorrow :')

ReputationRep:
    wow really surprised by aqa core science grade boundaries i thought that biology and physics were the easiest yet they have one of the lowest grade boundaries and i found chemistry horrible yet it has a really high grade boundary , i guess all in all it is good and bad

ReputationRep:
    Can somebody please help me I would really appreciate it. I resat my maths GCSE exam at college doing the 3 Modules hoping for a Grade C in Foundation. I know the three papers add up to a total of 200 marks and I was told you need around 140/200 for a grade C. By the look of the boundaries apparently I need 172/200 for a C can this be right? please reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by just-wandering)
    c'est superb, A*
    Thanks bro but im expecting a Low B now

ReputationRep:
    Well WJEC P3 this year was 50% for an A and 40/60 for 100UMS. Now that's low grade boundaries.
    Didn't do separate sciences but yeah that is good! In OCR B3 C3 P3 an A is around 54/55% and OCR B4 C4 P4 is 47% so they are close (and not bad!)

ReputationRep:
    OCR Twenty First Century Science boundaries are abysmal. They were high thirties last year - but this year? They just go and blow us all over.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.