Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HishamG)
    Hi everyone. I was wondering: Do international students get to move into uni halls before September 19th, or no they move in on the 19th like everyone else? International arrivals and induction starts on September 12th, is this independent of move-in day for the internationals? Thank you
    I believe there is an earlier moving in date for internationals.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone😄 are there any books anyone could recommend for some pre-reading?😄
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilyrose11712)
    Hi everyone😄 are there any books anyone could recommend for some pre-reading?😄

Don't. Just enjoy your time off!! They start off slow and build up so there is nothing to worry about

ReputationRep:
    CHEER UP all my 'waiting-list'ers...6 more days to go, and we will soon know our fate. Do you think there is a chance of swapping an undergrad place for a grad place if you originally applied for BM5, and they offer you a place off the waiting list for BM5? Secondly, can you defer an offer given to you if you are on the waiting list?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sunshine northp)
    CHEER UP all my 'waiting-list'ers...6 more days to go, and we will soon know our fate. Do you think there is a chance of swapping an undergrad place for a grad place if you originally applied for BM5, and they offer you a place off the waiting list for BM5? Secondly, can you defer an offer given to you if you are on the waiting list?

No chance of swapping to BM4. It's enormously over subscribed and only has 40 places.

You can request to defer but they don't have to agree. If they say no and you want to defer you'll have to reapply.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys do you know if Welsh Bacc if ever given in an offer or acknowledged at all? I can't find anything on the entry website.

Cheers
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pemborke)
    Hi guys do you know if Welsh Bacc if ever given in an offer or acknowledged at all? I can't find anything on the entry website.

Cheers

They accept equivalent qualificatons so shouldn't be a problem but give them a call and check
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    it's official 🎉

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ja1)
    it's official 🎉

Posted from TSR Mobile

:congrats:Well done, thats awesome!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ja1)
    it's official 🎉

Posted from TSR Mobile

Welcome!! :woo:. How are you celebrating today then?

Let me know if you have any questions. 4th year Southampton medic at your disposal!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

Would grads with offers let me know what they got in UKCAT. Im applying for next year and want to know what to aim for...

Thank you in advance and well done for the offers x
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michellem3)
    Hi everyone

Would grads with offers let me know what they got in UKCAT. Im applying for next year and want to know what to aim for...

Thank you in advance and well done for the offers x
    The uni should release official data soon!

ReputationRep:
    I actually can't wait to start in September!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!
    3rd year southampton medic here to answer anyones questions
    I am in the guinea pig year who were first to go through the new curriculum that you guys will be studying so if you have any questions about the structure of the course - fire away!

Also happy to answer any about good ol' Southampton itself.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sotonmedic)
    Hi everyone!
    3rd year southampton medic here to answer anyones questions
    I am in the guinea pig year who were first to go through the new curriculum that you guys will be studying so if you have any questions about the structure of the course - fire away!

Also happy to answer any about good ol' Southampton itself.
    :woo: Yay!! Another soton medic. There are a few of us turning up now.

How is the new course going? Ready for your project? I'm 4th year, old course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neostigmine)
    :woo: Yay!! Another soton medic. There are a few of us turning up now.

How is the new course going? Ready for your project? I'm 4th year, old course
    Woo! Before long we will take over!
    It sucks being the guinea pig year but it's pretty good thanks, very ready to move out of the lecture theatre. Still need ERGO to go through, the system is so frustrating! Ready for yours? What area are you doing yours in?

ReputationRep:
    Any books I will need to buy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Torag)
    Any books I will need to buy?
    Nope!
    Don't worry about textbooks yet. All the lecturers will have their own recommendations but it's best to get a few from the library first and find out which ones you like before you buy.

ReputationRep:
    Afternoon chaps, I'll be starting in September. I've looked at the timetables, and on some days we have lectures and stuff non stop from 9 to 5. Do they expect you to go to all lectures? And if so, are you allowed to eat in the lecture theatres?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.