UCL offer holders 2015 thread Watch

The.Joker
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SairaD)
oh okay thank you
Will you be going to the post-offer open day?
SairaD
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by The.Joker)
Will you be going to the post-offer open day?
should be are you going to go?
The.Joker
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SairaD)
should be are you going to go?
Yup, I'm really excited to go.
JamjamjamT
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is anyone going to the Maths Dept. Day on Friday Feb 27th?
mindchanger
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RebeccaLK)
anyone got an offer for Law?
Nope, still waiting on mine. They've rejected some truly excellent applicants from my school though, so I'm trying not to get my hopes up. How about you?
RebeccaLK
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mindchanger)
Nope, still waiting on mine. They've rejected some truly excellent applicants from my school though, so I'm trying not to get my hopes up. How about you?
Yeah I got an offer! They're really relying on LNAT grades, some amazing people from my school didn't get in either, even though one got into Cambridge, and the other is predicted better grades than me, so I hope you get an offer!
binarythoughts
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
anyone got an offer for Law?

I did
RebeccaLK
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by binarythoughts)
I did
Awesome me too! Are you going to firm it?
binarythoughts
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Awesome me too! Are you going to firm it?

Not sure yet
What about you?
almonds12344
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
HEy, has anyone received an english lit offer?
RebeccaLK
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by binarythoughts)
Not sure yet
What about you?
I'm torn between UCL and Durham… Where do you have offers?
Milkywaykid
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey y'all, I've firmed UCL for (joint) History and German - anyone here gonna study these or both?
sunn-bro
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Milkywaykid)
Hey y'all, I've firmed UCL for (joint) History and German - anyone here gonna study these or both?
Unless I undergo an extreme change of heart these next few months, I'll be studying History at UCL's School of Slavonic & East European Studies
Milkywaykid
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sunn-bro)
Unless I undergo an extreme change of heart these next few months, I'll be studying History at UCL's School of Slavonic & East European Studies
Awesomeee!! so you applied for straight History or did you apply for like Eastern European History or something more specific? I had to choose between Exeter and UCL! Hard decision :P
sunn-bro
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Milkywaykid)
Awesomeee!! so you applied for straight History or did you apply for like Eastern European History or something more specific? I had to choose between Exeter and UCL! Hard decision :P
The latter; straight history is exclusively taught by UCL's history department whereas V101 and V201 are taught by the SSEES faculty.

You're not wrong to call it Eastern European History. It's the intensive study of the history of Central and Eastern Europe and Russia, so all of the modules available to you are focused on the region.

Like I said, I'm pretty sure I'll be firming UCL, but there's always the chance I fall for LSE; I don't see that happening, though.
Milkywaykid
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sunn-bro)
The latter; straight history is exclusively taught by UCL's history department whereas V101 and V201 are taught by the SSEES faculty.

You're not wrong to call it Eastern European History. It's the intensive study of the history of Central and Eastern Europe and Russia, so all of the modules available to you are focused on the region.

Like I said, I'm pretty sure I'll be firming UCL, but there's always the chance I fall for LSE; I don't see that happening, though.
Ohhhh ok makes sense! Well hope you firm UCL over LSE!

Posted from TSR Mobile
gooner4ever
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey has anyone here got a AAB unconditional/conditional offer for Geography BA?

Posted from TSR Mobile
mindchanger
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah I got an offer! They're really relying on LNAT grades, some amazing people from my school didn't get in either, even though one got into Cambridge, and the other is predicted better grades than me, so I hope you get an offer!
Thanks! I am kinda in the same position as you - a guy in my year is predicted 3 more IB points than me and has an amazing LNAT score (38!) but was rejected by UCL and accepted by Cambridge. I expect his personal statement is what let him down, since he was rejected by LSE and KCL as well.

If you don't mind me asking, what are your predicted grades and LNAT score? I know it's absolutely no indicator of whether I'll get an offer, but just curious to know
RebeccaLK
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thanks! I am kinda in the same position as you - a guy in my year is predicted 3 more IB points than me and has an amazing LNAT score (38!) but was rejected by UCL and accepted by Cambridge. I expect his personal statement is what let him down, since he was rejected by LSE and KCL as well.

If you don't mind me asking, what are your predicted grades and LNAT score? I know it's absolutely no indicator of whether I'll get an offer, but just curious to know
Wow I can't believe he was rejected by so many unis!! Even if his PS was bad…
Predicted grades: 17,5/20 on the French Bac (I think thats somewhere around A*AA/A*A*A)
LNAT: 29
I think you need something on your application that makes you stand out (I spent a year at boarding school, so as well as french qualifications I have GCSEs and AS)
What about you?
amritsg
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

It seems like UCL generally focuses on the performance in the essay instead of just the mcq result. A poor performance in the essay could see someone with high mcq points not receiving an offer and vice versa.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
    Sat, 7 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
38.82%
No - but I will (46)
6.76%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.5%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (319)
46.91%

Watched Threads