Count to a MINUS million and be the first forum to do it! (Part 2) Watch

This discussion is closed.
pinkteddyx64
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by spotify95)
You can also tell the people on DS that American Walmart is better than British Asda.

(Note. I made that up as I haven't been to America )

Chances are that they'd agree with me. :sadnod:

spotify95
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by pinkteddyx64)
Chances are that they'd agree with me. :sadnod:

Also, tell them that McDonald's in the US is better than McDonald's in the UK.

pinkteddyx64
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Also, tell them that McDonald's in the US is better than McDonald's in the UK.

Then when they agree with me, I'll say here we go with more wacko propaganda and then include random links to my videos and pictures of House Of Fraser stores, corridors and steelworks etc, then report the contributors to the thread apart from myself and hopefully get at least someone other than myself warned or made inactive!

spotify95
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Then when they agree with me, I'll say here we go with more wacko propaganda and then include random links to my videos and pictures of House Of Fraser stores, corridors and steelworks etc, then report the contributors to the thread apart from myself and hopefully get at least someone other than myself warned or made inactive!

Unfortunately if you report any of the contributors to the fascists then they will find out it's you, and instantly ban you

Thats what happened to me the last time

pinkteddyx64
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Unfortunately if you report any of the contributors to the fascists then they will find out it's you, and instantly ban you

Thats what happened to me the last time

And if that should happen, can I smash all the windows for the Doncaster branch of House Of Fraser?

Mimir
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

My lucky number :ninja:
pinkteddyx64
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
spotify95
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
And if that should happen, can I smash all the windows for the Doncaster branch of House Of Fraser?

Yes, plus you can smash and demolish the building where Digital Spy is located, as if they delete your posts, that would be a breach of the T&C's that they agreed to! (us vs them)

pinkteddyx64
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes, plus you can smash and demolish the building where Digital Spy is located, as if they delete your posts, that would be a breach of the T&C's that they agreed to! (us vs them)

:yep:

And since the actual server isn't located at their headquarters, (confirmed by a freedom of information request I once sent to them), I could then log into the forums as DSFS and put the place right! :yep:

Can I sue DS if I get caught shoplifting from Harrods?

-10869. :mad:
spotify95
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
:yep:

And since the actual server isn't located at their headquarters, (confirmed by a freedom of information request I once sent to them), I could then log into the forums as DSFS and put the place right! :yep:

Can I sue DS if I get caught shoplifting from Harrods?

-10869. :mad:
So where on earth IS their server? :confused:

Yep, it doesn't matter what happens, we certainly need to put their forums right. Get rid of that nasty color scheme, and moderate DS on a "case-by-case" basis. i.e. the proper way! DS' moderation is an abomination that should NEVER be allowed in the first place.

pinkteddyx64
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So where on earth IS their server? :confused:

Yep, it doesn't matter what happens, we certainly need to put their forums right. Get rid of that nasty color scheme, and moderate DS on a "case-by-case" basis. i.e. the proper way! DS' moderation is an abomination that should NEVER be allowed in the first place.

They said that the actual server location is a 'trade secret'. :rolleyes:

The DS moderation policy was on par with TBAAJ back when DS forums started in March 2000! Can you guess where it all started to go wrong?

Don't forget also making it so that the emoticons range parallels that of TBAAJ! :yep

spotify95
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They said that the actual server location is a 'trade secret'. :rolleyes:

The DS moderation policy was on par with TBAAJ back when DS forums started in March 2000! Can you guess where it all started to go wrong?

Don't forget also making it so that the emoticons range parallels that of TBAAJ! :yep

DS forums also looked a lot different too, apparently.

The TBAAJ moderation policy is, IMO, the best! As it is strict when needed (i.e when we have trolls or spammers) but is often lenient on other things that would probably get a blue card on here or a warning/ban on DS.

Oh, and one more thing. On TBAAJ, you'll only get moderated if you break a rule actually on TBAAJ. We don't care about what you do on another forum. And that's the right attitude. :yep:

pinkteddyx64
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
DS forums also looked a lot different too, apparently.

The TBAAJ moderation policy is, IMO, the best! As it is strict when needed (i.e when we have trolls or spammers) but is often lenient on other things that would probably get a blue card on here or a warning/ban on DS.

Oh, and one more thing. On TBAAJ, you'll only get moderated if you break a rule actually on TBAAJ. We don't care about what you do on another forum. And that's the right attitude. :yep:

Thanks! :hugs:

This is what DS forums looked like in it's first year: http://web.archive.org/web/200006191...n/Ultimate.cgi Even TBAAJ looks better by comparison don't you think?

spotify95
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thanks! :hugs:

This is what DS forums looked like in it's first year: http://web.archive.org/web/200006191...n/Ultimate.cgi Even TBAAJ looks better by comparison don't you think?

That looks rather ugly and tbh TBAAJ looks a lot better!

you also don't have a section called "moderators only" visible to guests! (who then won't be able to view any of the stuff if they click on the link) hence why we have our "other" and "forum" subsections hidden away.

pinkteddyx64
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That looks rather ugly and tbh TBAAJ looks a lot better!

you also don't have a section called "moderators only" visible to guests! (who then won't be able to view any of the stuff if they click on the link) hence why we have our "other" and "forum" subsections hidden away.

Maybe the forum software back then didn't allow you to hide sections from guests? :confused:

-10875. :unimpressed:
spotify95
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Maybe the forum software back then didn't allow you to hide sections from guests? :confused:

-10875. :unimpressed:
Maybe; was that a very ancient version of vB they used?

pinkteddyx64
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Maybe; was that a very ancient version of vB they used?

Apparently back then, they weren't even using vBulletin, they were using what was called Ultimate Bulletin Board, and the first ever version of vBulletin was released later on in 2000, after that snapshot I showed you was taken. They then switched to vBulletin a few months later in November.

Jamie S
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Jamie S
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Jamie S
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (100)
40.32%
No - but I will (12)
4.84%
No - I don't want to (16)
6.45%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (120)
48.39%

Watched Threads