Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA English Literature GCSE 2015 JUNE SUMMER *OFFICIAL THREAD* OMAM AIC watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by savannahwilddd)
    My teacher thinks Flag, The Right Word, Belfast Confetti or The Falling Leaves
    Bayonet charge also hasn't been done for four years like belfast confetti

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know where some A* example answers could be found? Preferably for the Conflict cluster.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickC98)
    Anyone know where some A* example answers could be found? Preferably for the Conflict cluster.
    You could try mrbruff though he does mostly relationships he may have some conflict ones

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Monaa_)
    You could try mrbruff though he does mostly relationships he may have some conflict ones
    Thanks, will do, need to cram as much in the day before the exam as I can

ReputationRep:
    You're not the only one lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isthatmatilda)
    i was shocked when i saw the parris question cos i really did not think aqa would repeat a question.
    i was even more shocked when i saw betrayal because i was thinking is that even a theme????
    so i was gonna do parris but then i thought how many points could i really make about him; all i would be saying is parris is a prick, parris is a ****, parris is a weasle etc.
    so for some ungodly reason i did betrayal which in the end i think went ok, could've been better but meh

and then the part a question for tkam was dumb as hell cos there was nothing to anayse in the extract but i quite like the mockingbird question and just talked about bae like boo

wbu?
    That's the exact same for me, I was shocked they repeated Parris too. They throw us off sometimes. I chose betrayal, I wrote about John and Elizabeth's relationship and how he betrayed her and also how Mary Warren betrayed her friends but in a good way. A positive and negative betrayal.

TKAMB threw me off a bit, the questions were easy but so hard to answer?! The extract was hard to analyse,

ReputationRep:
    What are the poems from conflict that can't come on the higher paper, anyone have predictions on what peoms can come up in conflict?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any guesses for relationships poetry poems?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S.Alexis)
    My 2015 collins revision guide states that Brendon Gallacher, Give and the ruined maid will only be named on the foundation tier and that medusa,land grands seigneurs and casehistory:Alison will only be named on the higher tier paper. so for the higher paper the questions are going to be a repeat.
    Les Grands Seigneurs came up last year...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S.Alexis)
    My 2015 collins revision guide states that Brendon Gallacher, Give and the ruined maid will only be named on the foundation tier and that medusa,land grands seigneurs and casehistory:Alison will only be named on the higher tier paper. so for the higher paper the questions are going to be a repeat.
    That is the old system, for 2015, they have introduced the possibility of any poem on any tier

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any predictions for the poems that will come up in character and voice or how do you predict

ReputationRep:
    Are there some conflict poems that I definitely should not revise so i can save time from now until the exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rumana101)
    how come you've done the exam, is it aqa?
    yup i had it on monday; i thought everyone that has aqa did?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalie15)
    That's the exact same for me, I was shocked they repeated Parris too. They throw us off sometimes. I chose betrayal, I wrote about John and Elizabeth's relationship and how he betrayed her and also how Mary Warren betrayed her friends but in a good way. A positive and negative betrayal.

TKAMB threw me off a bit, the questions were easy but so hard to answer?! The extract was hard to analyse,
    yh i wrote the same thing for betrayal except i wrote about mary warren betraying proctor by conforming to the hysteria in act 3

let's just hope poetry tomorrow is sweet but knowing aqa they'll probably do something ugly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andyman1006)
    That is the old system, for 2015, they have introduced the possibility of any poem on any tier
    are you sure because my teacher said that flag, the right word and the falling leaves will not be named on the higher paper and beflast confetti, yellow palm and next to god of course america will be named only on the higher paper and not foundation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by am99)
    are you sure because my teacher said that flag, the right word and the falling leaves will not be named on the higher paper and beflast confetti, yellow palm and next to god of course america will be named only on the higher paper and not foundation.
    he's lying to you!

ReputationRep:
    Predictions for character and voice?

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I am doing character and voice,

and just had a question about the poem Singh Song:

Why is the bride on a dating website, when she is just married?
    I dont undersTAND THIS. wOULD MUCH APPRECIATE AND FOLLOW YOU IF YOU COULD HELP ME OUT.

Many Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    Looking at the pattern of past papers, one tends to be Literary Heritage and one Contemporary poetry?

So I would say tomorrow Relationships may get To His Coy Mistress- the only Literary Heritage that hasn't been asked yet
    And Brothers or In Paris with you, they've only become available on higher tier this year so haven't been asked yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hot&Spicy)
    Hello

I am doing character and voice,

and just had a question about the poem Singh Song:

Why is the bride on a dating website, when she is just married?
    I dont undersTAND THIS. wOULD MUCH APPRECIATE AND FOLLOW YOU IF YOU COULD HELP ME OUT.

Many Thanks!!
    She is not on a dating webstie; she runs one x

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.