Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmawebb)
    Hiya, I originally was going to do that a few years back when I wanted to do midwifery but didn't want to leave my home town and they only done adult nursing at out uni.. and everyone I spoke to said it's so difficult as adult nursing and midwifery are completely different if it's midwifery that you're passionate about then you will find adult nursing difficult. I was advised to go direct (even by midwives and nurses that I knew) I since have applied for children's nursing as I realised I prefer to work with children, but if I were you I would definitely try again for direct midwifery if that's what you want to do xx
    Thanks, up to January this year I was on the midwifery course down south but I found it so hard being 300 miles away from my family, as it is a stressful course this just added to me. I loved it to bits but decided to come home. I thought nursing would give me a better insight onto the biology side as this is a big part of midwifery also but they don't cover much you are expected to know most of this. But if I do my nursing first then go onto train as a midwife I will have more options were as midwifery you are limited. whichever way I proceed now if its 6 or 4.5 yrs I will be a midwife. xx

ReputationRep:
    guys! South Bank is sending their offers on the Ucas site! Just got update this morning, check your emails and Ucas track and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miroca)
    guys! South Bank is sending their offers on the Ucas site! Just got update this morning, check your emails and Ucas track and good luck!
    Have you recieved their decision? 😄

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah-louxxx)
    Have you recieved their decision? 😄
    yeah, but no luck with them, I did get an offer for City and accepted straightaway as soon as south bank made their decision! Just glad I have a place for sept

ReputationRep:
    yeah, but no luck with them, I did get an offer for City and accepted straightaway as soon as south bank made their decision! Just glad I have a place for sept
    Well done for city, they aren't easy to get in either, you should be proud ☺️

ReputationRep:
    Just got my 3rd Offer for Keele which I have firmed, finally I can get excited now!

ReputationRep:
    I'm really excited!!! I have been reading for hours on the student midwife .net site for midwifery essentials, like stethoscope,watch fobs, shoes etc. The shopping list is definitely growing. Anyone started to want to buy things already even though we are months away from sept?

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes.. I want a pink stephoscope because I'm really sad, lol, but I want it. I have been recommended £80 shoes from clarkes.. Erm but much! I have last years reading list and timetable and its all getting exciting 😆

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes.. I want a pink stephoscope because I'm really sad, lol, but I want it. I have been recommended £80 shoes from clarkes.. Erm but much! I have last years reading list and timetable and its all getting exciting 😆
    Yeah everyone is recommending clarks unloops or the coffee cakes ones for placement. As for stuff funkymidwife.com has a bunch of cool things I shall add to my shopping basket soon, including a funky color stethoscope. Can you recommend A+P book from your list? everyone is saying the Myles one or something but its a bit pricey so I want to make sure I get one Im likely to use throughout the course.

ReputationRep:
    Hey has anybody heard from Queens University Belfast

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from York after an interview yet ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadow_hunter)
    Has anyone heard from York after an interview yet ?
    I saw loads of offers go out on Facebook yesterday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LC1996)
    I saw loads of offers go out on Facebook yesterday
    Was it on a page or something ? And thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadow_hunter)
    Was it on a page or something ? And thanks
    Secret community for midwives in the making, yes only a couple though

ReputationRep:
    Yeah everyone is recommending clarks unloops or the coffee cakes ones for placement. As for stuff funkymidwife.com has a bunch of cool things I shall add to my shopping basket soon, including a funky color stethoscope. Can you recommend A+P book from your list? everyone is saying the Myles one or something but its a bit pricey so I want to make sure I get one Im likely to use throughout the course.
    Corse, I'll have a look tomorrow and let you know

ReputationRep:
    I'm really excited!!! I have been reading for hours on the student midwife .net site for midwifery essentials, like stethoscope,watch fobs, shoes etc. The shopping list is definitely growing. Anyone started to want to buy things already even though we are months away from sept?
    I've pretty much bought everything haha! Anatomy and physiology for midwives, ballieres midwives dictionary, all midwifery essentials, Oxford handbook of midwifery, plum stethoscope, fob watch and Clarkes unloops! Also my student midwife planner from the happy planner company came yesterday! My offer is firmed and unconditional so I'm going mad x

ReputationRep:
    I've pretty much bought everything haha! Anatomy and physiology for midwives, ballieres midwives dictionary, all midwifery essentials, Oxford handbook of midwifery, plum stethoscope, fob watch and Clarkes unloops! Also my student midwife planner from the happy planner company came yesterday! My offer is firmed and unconditional so I'm going mad x
    Wow! That is very impressive! I have firmed my offer too, although i still cant believe i got in. I think it will sink in on the first day of lectures. Im still adding stuff to my list, i want to spread it out until sept otherwise as im sure come end of august i will have the urge to shop and have nothing more to get! Lol but im going to start ordering stuff soon, the postman will hate me!

ReputationRep:
    Wow! That is very impressive! I have firmed my offer too, although i still cant believe i got in. I think it will sink in on the first day of lectures. Im still adding stuff to my list, i want to spread it out until sept otherwise as im sure come end of august i will have the urge to shop and have nothing more to get! Lol but im going to start ordering stuff soon, the postman will hate me!
    I'm trying to do it all now while I'm still working and have money lol! It's so exciting isn't it, been waiting so long for this

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to do it all now while I'm still working and have money lol! It's so exciting isn't it, been waiting so long for this
    Which uni? Wow I'm well behind you, lol

ReputationRep:
    Which uni? Wow I'm well behind you, lol
    I got 3 offers but I've chosen Keele because of its facilities and where it is in the league tables for nursing and midwifery as its 4th

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.