Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawedexcel)
    Hey guys, so I received my LNAT results and scored 20 out of 42. The average score is 22.4. As one can tell, my score is below average, so my question is - will my firm choice university (Glasgow) reject me once they see the results? I am really anxious now... If anyone could advise that'd be great, thanks.
    Have you been given an offer already?

Ignore that - if you have already received an offer and firmed them that means they were already aware of your LNAT score. So well done!

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I will be taking my LNAT in October for 2016 entry, and I was wondering if the software allows you to use the CTRL+F function to find a specific word in the text? Eg if a question says 'what does the writer mean by 'X', then you could use the software to find X quickly without having to read all the way through again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoveToArgue)
    Hello, I will be taking my LNAT in October for 2016 entry, and I was wondering if the software allows you to use the CTRL+F function to find a specific word in the text? Eg if a question says 'what does the writer mean by 'X', then you could use the software to find X quickly without having to read all the way through again.
    Hey! The software does allow a few shortcuts (if I remember correctly, things like previous page, next page) but I don't think it allows for the "find" function, sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoveToArgue)
    If you download the simulator from the LNAT website, you'll see which functions are available and what shortcuts you can use.

ReputationRep:
    How long did you spend revising for your LNAT?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SimranJohal313)
    I did a couple of practice tests, one on paper and one with the simulator, in exam conditions. Beyond that, I read the legal sections of newspapers like the Guardian.
    In the end I got a 25 out of 42 (and the average having been 22.4). So a good but not great grade, so I've already revised more for it than I did last time :P
    Becaus it's a multiple choice test that's not testing concrete knowledge, it's more about developing skills than learning things. So Yh, I recommend doing practice tests.
    The reading really helps, both for the multiple choice questions (because it gets you used to reading quite dense texts) and also for the essay part (because it gets you thinking about current important legal questions, and if you're lucky a similar one will come up in the test).
    What turned out to be really tricky for me was the essay part. I think it's something like 45min to write it, and it goes by extremely quickly!! Seeing as, except for your personal statement and any essays they may have asked you to send it, the LNAT essay is the only piece of writing your admission teams will see, you shouldn't cast it aside just because it's not part of the LNAT grade out of 42. Personally, I'd recommend getting used to writing essays in timed conditions. Pick a moral or ethical question (the ones they have on the LNAT website are very similar to the actual exam ones) and practice writing a logical argument, trying to convince your reader, if you will. You have to demonstrate your ability to "think as a lawyer", so there's no right or wrong answer, just ones which have a sound thorough reasoning and ones who don't. It's probably good to play devil's advocate when you're writing these practice essays and take a point of view you don't intuitively agree with. When you can construct a good argument with examples, counter-arguments and a good conclusion for a point of view you didn't initially agree with, then you're on the right track!
    Good luck with your revision!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you.

I think I will start reading newspapers such as The Guardian.

Did you use any revision guides to revise for your LNAT?

ReputationRep:

Did you use any revision guides to revise for your LNAT?
    nope, I just did the practice tests found on th website, and also did LSAT tests (a similar American exam) to practice more multiple choice questions.
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by applying2skool)
    nope, I just did the practice tests found on th website, and also did LSAT tests (a similar American exam) to practice more multiple choice questions.
    Good luck
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by applying2skool)
    Good luck
    Hi there,

I will be doing the lnat and was wondering how was the difficulty like? E.g: is it notoriously difficult.

I am a gap year student with achieved grades of A*AA. KCL and UCL are the LNAT unis im applying too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abdulmilad)
    Hi there,

I will be doing the lnat and was wondering how was the difficulty like? E.g: is it notoriously difficult.

I am a gap year student with achieved grades of A*AA. KCL and UCL are the LNAT unis im applying too
    Hey there!
    I think it really depends on the person, since it's not a knowledge test, but rather a test of skills. It seems like you're not against working hard (congratulations on those grades), so if you work for it and do the few practice tests I reckon you should be fine.
    I can't really say if it's notoriously difficult, I really just know about my own experience. I do know that it's out of 42, and the average last year was 22.3. Personally, I had grades very similar to yours and a 25 in the LNAT and I got offers from both KCL and UCL. Really, if you get more than the average that's already good. Apparently grades in the 40s are almost unheard of, and a grade of 30 is considered extremely good.
    So just try your best, and try to prepare as best you can. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, reading the legal section of newspapers, like the Guardian for example, can be useful.
    Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

It is not notoriously difficult - it varies greatly on the individual, but I really doubt anyone would consider it notoriously difficult.

That said, you will need higher than average scores for those two universities, both of which are known for being strict with the LNAT score.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

Tbh, I'm pretty thick and got grades a fair bit worse than yours (AAB) and managed a score of 30. Doesn't sound great but the average is something like 22 so 30s considered pretty sound, I did no prep for it either so I wouldn't say it's notoriously difficult by any means. If you pace yourself well and read the questions properly and use some common sense you'll be fine.

You have great a level grades which takes the pressure off a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Lol you don't revise for it.

It tests your raw intelligence. I did no prep at all and got 30. I know people who 'revised' a lot for at and didn't even manage the average.

ReputationRep:
    I had my LNAT today and I think it was alright tbh, definitely not worth getting in a tiz about

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I have applied to durham. I haven't given college preference as of yet they said I still could. Should I give preference for university college? Will my chances of getting in be reduced?

My A s level are 4 As 2Bs and 1 C
    I am carrying forward 4 a level subjects. Maths economics geography and English language.

I have 3A*s 5As and 3Bs in my GCSEs.
    What are my prospects of getting in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bknite87)
    Hey guys I have applied to durham. I haven't given college preference as of yet they said I still could. Should I give preference for university college? Will my chances of getting in be reduced?

My A s level are 4 As 2Bs and 1 C
    I am carrying forward 4 a level subjects. Maths economics geography and English language.

I have 3A*s 5As and 3Bs in my GCSEs.
    What are my prospects of getting in?
    Your college preference has no effect on your chances of getting in. If you apply to University, the chances are that if they give you an offer you'll just end up in another college. At least you'll still be at Durham studying at the same law school as everyone else.

You have pretty good prospects of getting in. What are your predicted grades?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys to anybody that has already taken the LNAT in terms of the essay do they give paper or something to plan it on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinnamon_Fairy)
    Hi guys to anybody that has already taken the LNAT in terms of the essay do they give paper or something to plan it on?
    whiteboard and pen

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! How was your LNAT ? Hope it went well

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.