Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JBrns97)
    I said exactly this but also mentioned the de-multiplier.
    Any idea on what this is worth out of 12 then?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please give me a predicted mark for context 1 12 marker?
    I defined intrest rates and output

i drew a AS/AD diagram with a leftward shift of the AD curve

I wrote a rise in interest rate will increase the reward for saving and increase the cost of borrowing. This will therefore increase the incentive to save and decrease the incentive to borrow. This will increase the savings ratio and therefore causing a fall in expenditure, lowering AD and causing it to fall. This will therefore cause households income to fall and since houses are an asset, i rise in income encourages people to buy new houses therefore this fall in income will cause a smaller demand for housing. This will reduce the derived demand for labour in the construction industry and cause a rise in unemployment of the industry.

If anyone has an idea what this is worth please comment.

ReputationRep:
    For context 2, the 25 markers I started with 2 definitions. Trade off and economic growth.
    I spoke about the conflict for unemployment and inflation. I kept referring to the extract. Quoted about 4-5 times. Said how employment is high. Leading to high grow etc. I evaluated it. Questioned it and then spoke about this increase in AD could lead to demand pull inflation. Did a diagram on that. i spoke about inflation a bit. Then I raised another issue about balance of payments. I said "its low due to economic growth." I didn't say conflicting and that was my problem. I spoke about how BOP wasn't improving despite the low exchange rate. I quoted again to the extract. I then said you can deflate the economy to improve the BOP etc use of Montary and fiscal. I was then running out of time and for some stupid reason I said unemployment conflicts with BOP. I don't even know why! How many marks do you think I got l?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RJM1997)
    Who else threw in a reference to -0.1% inflation today?
    Haha that's quick. I didn't even hear it in the news until after the exam

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simonedmo)

I wrote a rise in interest rate will increase the reward for saving and increase the cost of borrowing. This will therefore increase the incentive to save and decrease the incentive to borrow. This will increase the savings ratio and therefore causing a fall in expenditure, lowering AD and causing it to fall. This will therefore cause households income to fall and since houses are an asset, i rise in income encourages people to buy new houses therefore this fall in income will cause a smaller demand for housing. This will reduce the derived demand for labour in the construction industry and cause a rise in unemployment of the industry.

Atleast 10 marks, could have mentioned on the main reason why house prices actually drop, e.g creating a market clearing price/equilibrium to an allocatively efficient level.

ReputationRep:
    did you need to talk about how construction was not significant to the Uk economy and what will I get if I didn't this was for the unit 1 25 marker please help!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Anybody got an unofficial mark scheme? Found it pretty difficult on the multi choice I got:
    DACCDBBDDADCCACAACABBBBDD

ReputationRep:

Thats a good awnser but can you remember exactly what the 25 marker was am panicking and was wondering what it was

ReputationRep:
    https://twitter.com/SayfulIslam2 - this person uploaded photos of their teacher's multiple choice answers if you'd like to take a look.
    Anyone who did context 1, did you write about expansionary fiscal policy for the 25 mark question? I drew a diagram with AD shifting outwards, but I didn't shift the LRAS curve. Ugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BzRMonkeh)
    dont lie!! i dont think it did cause i wouldve easily put C if it was
    Um, it really was though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fewq2)
    did you need to talk about how construction was not significant to the Uk economy and what will I get if I didn't this was for the unit 1 25 marker please help!!!!!!
    The question asked about the significance of the growth, you didn't need to talk about it not being significant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sjsj98)
    The question asked about the significance of the growth, you didn't need to talk about it not being significant.
    but are you sure i didn't have to say why the growth in construction wasn't significant for the UK economy but thanks and can you remember the exact question

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fewq2)
    but are you sure i didn't have to say why the growth in construction wasn't significant for the UK economy but thanks and can you remember the exact question

Thank you
    I've never seen questions ask things like that, but I'm not sure. I compared the expansionary fiscal policy with the supply-side policy when increasing economic growth and talked about the benefits/drawbacks. In my conclusion I wrote about what the growth and international trade depends on. What did you do?

ReputationRep:
    I've never seen questions ask things like that, but I'm not sure. I compared the expansionary fiscal policy with the supply-side policy when increasing economic growth and talked about the benefits/drawbacks. In my conclusion I wrote about what the growth and international trade depends on. What did you do?
    to be honest need the question then will be able to remember what i wrote

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fewq2)
    to be honest need the question then will be able to remember what i wrote
    I can't remember the exact words, but it was asking about the significance of growth in the construction sector

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember the exact words, but it was asking about the significance of growth in the construction sector
    yeah i just talked abou the effects it would have on the uk economy like inflation and productivity etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RJM1997)
    Agree!

Feel sorry for anyone doing context 2 that didn't just compare inflation and growth
    Wait is this the 8 marker ur talking about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thesmallman)
    Wait is this the 8 marker ur talking about
    Yep on context 2

ReputationRep:
    What is the answer to question 14 of the multiple choice?
    I put D

ReputationRep:
    What is the answer to question 14 of the multiple choice?
    I put D
    Can you remember what the question was?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.