Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paxman)
    Nah the 3's always tend to have higher grade boundaries because it's normally only the people who are good at science who choose triple science
    I was talking mainly about C2, although some people doing Triple Science in my class are hardly good at science (although they certainly won't be taking the order for my Filet-o-Fish in the year 2025)!

ReputationRep:
    I put 32. What did you put?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Palette)
    C2: 49/60 for A*

C3: 44/60 for A*
    Please be this

P.S. You seem quite knowledgeable, for the Unit 3 first bit with the periodic table, did it ask for the symbol or word version of the elements in the answers? and if you put words instead of symbols or symbols instead of words, would you still get the marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by huzza)
    for the last question on the c3 exam it said that 20 cm3 was an anomaly and they asked for the value it should have been what did everyone put?
    32 degrees

ReputationRep:
    How are people getting 20 as the temp change?, think about it if you are saying it's the maximum temp, it's not, because after that the heat is reduced again near the end so this the final temp, not 38, so answer must be 14,also did people say that method one (5 marker) was faster but wasted excess substance and method 2 was more accurate but dangerous because hcl is corrosive?

ReputationRep:
    YES I PUT 32, I was stressing so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terrydaktal)
    anomalous result at 0.3
    temperature was originally directly proportional with increase of concentration with an increase of 5oC each time
    temperature increases because there are more particles so there is a higher frequency of collisions and therefore more energy and a faster rate of reaction , the graph described would level off at 35C as the rate of reaction reaches a maximum
    Don't think that Q had anything to do with rate of reaction. Was it not that there simply was not enough to react with the zinc. Therefore greater concentration means more in a given volume. I believe it leveled of as past 0.7M there was more of the other reacting substance (forgot the name) than zinc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dropthebase)
    I put 30, will I lose the mark?

ReputationRep:
    yes please !!

ReputationRep:
    it wasn't 32 it was 31.5 because you do the line from 15 to 25...

ReputationRep:
    What did people get for the temperature change for the energy calculation one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nomes24)
    Please be this

P.S. You seem quite knowledgeable, for the Unit 3 first bit with the periodic table, did it ask for the symbol or word version of the elements in the answers? and if you put words instead of symbols or symbols instead of words, would you still get the marks?
    The question definitely said symbols

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Palette)
    I think I did well in C2 (with the partial exception of the 6 marker) but C3 should have relatively low grade boundaries.

I hope there are enough future McDonald's employees who get Fs, Gs, and Us to pull the boundaries down.

It reminds me a bit of dynamic equilibrium.
    Perfect representation, I hope so too. I feel pretty confident with c2 in comparison to c3.

ReputationRep:
    a lot of people have said that B2 was like the 2012 paper and my friend said C2 was kinda like the 2012 paper too... do you think that the P2 paper will be like that too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theama)
    it wasn't 32 it was 31.5 because you do the line from 15 to 25...
    I'm sure they would allow 32 if it was actually 31.5 lol

ReputationRep:
    C2- What an awesome paper!
    Anyone agree? it was all soo straightforward, except i iodine ques which i reckon i mucked up... but apart from that what a breeze!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saif010999)
    How are people getting 20 as the temp change?, think about it if you are saying it's the maximum temp, it's not, because after that the heat is reduced again near the end so this the final temp, not 38, so answer must be 14,also did people say that method one (5 marker) was faster but wasted excess substance and method 2 was more accurate but dangerous because hcl is corrosive?
    You were supposed to use the max temp not final temp, according to all my notes and resources anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I think over all, I did alright, the only thing I'm worried about is the 5 marker on the C3 paper. I just kind of put whatever came to mind :/ What about the rest of you?

ReputationRep:
    Urgh I totally messed up the last page! It all started with the amount where I put 30cm, then I didn't read the graph properly so put 38degrees as the overall change! That means I got the Q=mcdeltaT question wrong, and then for the last question I had no clue so wrote the neutralisation reaction will releade the same amount of energy -.- that page will bring my grade right down ergh!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 15, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.