Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeddyBearMike)
    Difficult to guage what mark you would have got, i feel your first two points where very similar and are more fiscal policies rather than supply side, but they will affect supply on the long run so i guess your correct. If it is correct you probs got 23/24 i feel you needed that extra detail for your points.......you should have done 4 points to be safe.
    My points were decreasing NMW, Decreasing Government bureaucracy, decreasing cooperation tax, and privitisation, which are solid points for supply side.
    Just a thought but isn't decreasing cooperation tax fiscal policy... Fiscal policy is the manipulation of AD via govt spending and taxation. Cooperation tax is definitely taxation so I could say the same to you haha :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toxic_Legends)
    What did you say about privitisation? I spoke about increasing spending on education, reducing unemployment benefits and privitisation. I even had enough time for a conclusion! But I think I messed up the 6 marker
    Supply is likely to increase if assests are transfered to the private sector, private firms have profit motive, so likely to increase productivity through increase in the level of labour thus resulting in an increase in real output within the economy......i explainied it a bit more than that........I wrote about decreasing Unemployment benefits as well along with reducing NMW.
    I didnt like that first invesment question as well but i just described the chart and defined invesment that should get me around 4 marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by excaliburnus)
    Just a thought but isn't decreasing cooperation tax fiscal policy... Fiscal policy is the manipulation of AD via govt spending and taxation. Cooperation tax is definitely taxation so I could say the same to you haha :P
    Lol, partially but its more to do with supply side since cooperation tax directly affects supplier and thier ability to to produce.To be honest all really depends on how you explain it so examiner knows where your coming from

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beckybrook123)
    Can someone please write out their 30 marker for q1!!!!????
    I can't state the exact points/ eval arguments made but this is how I structured it:

I mentioned a macroeconomic objective in each paragraph, stated HOW a fiscal/monetary policy would help achieve it & then I stated how/why that objective would conflict with the initial objective. Then I obviously evaluated

ReputationRep:
    Uuggg

ReputationRep:
    I did the same , but is this correct? As it is not really answering the qs directly . Can u write one paragraph briefly on what u actually wrote?

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe i got 96 UMS in Unit 2 when i sat it a few years back. Hopefully you all did great in it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    On the outlining of the components of the current account question, would there be a mark available for a definition of the balance of payments?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by futo)
    On the outlining of the components of the current account question, would there be a mark available for a definition of the balance of payments?
    I defined balance of payments just incase outlining the components is not enough lool, no harm in doing it but it depends on the mark scheme. we may or may not receive a mark for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swaany)
    I defined balance of payments just incase outlining the components is not enough lool, no harm in doing it but it depends on the mark scheme. we may or may not receive a mark for it
    What did u write as the components x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by falloutboyyy)
    What did u write as the components x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wrote that the components of current account of balance of payments are trade in goods, trade in services, net transfers and investment income. It literally took me a couple of minutes to remember the investment income component, I thought I was going to miss out a mark from not remembering but luckily I remembered it was something along the lines of investment and income ahah! x

ReputationRep:
    I wrote that the components of current account of balance of payments are trade in goods, trade in services, net transfers and investment income. It literally took me a couple of minutes to remember the investment income component, I thought I was going to miss out a mark from not remembering but luckily I remembered it was something along the lines of investment and income ahah! x
    did you have to make a data reference with the 4 marker? couldnt find anything that would have led me to do so???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrdsg10)
    did you have to make a data reference with the 4 marker? couldnt find anything that would have led me to do so???
    it didnt state it in the question so no

ReputationRep:
    Okay good stuff x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miadkh)
    i have a really big question

in q2 what did the figure show between 2008 and 2010

pls help meeee
    i just sed over 38bn in 2008 and less than 30bn in 2013... Can comeone confirm that its right

ReputationRep:
    I did the same , but is this correct? As it is not really answering the qs directly . Can u write one paragraph briefly on what u actually wrote?
    (Original post by Leking9)
    I can't state the exact points/ eval arguments made but this is how I structured it:

I mentioned a macroeconomic objective in each paragraph, stated HOW a fiscal/monetary policy would help achieve it & then I stated how/why that objective would conflict with the initial objective. Then I obviously evaluated
    The question was: To what extent do demand side policies lead to conflicts between the macroeconomic objectives?

Initial 6KAA (definitions, stating objectives etc.)

> State Policy and what will happen
    > State the the objective it would fulfil
    > State how, by fulfilling that objective, another one is not being fulfilled, hence a conflict (e.g. Economic Growth v Environment)
    > Evaluate the point

x3 or 4

ReputationRep:
    So would this be correct for one point and how many marks???

Fiscal policy includes increasing gov.spending- this causes outward shift of AD - increased employment- also, increased spending on education and training increases geographical mobility- increased employment

However, leads to inflation etc.
    EV: depends where on AD /as etc.

ReputationRep:
    I mean occupational mobility*

ReputationRep:
    i talked about that the level of investment was highest in 2008 because of lower interest rate
    will i lose mark?
    (Original post by AJC1997)
    yes the general trend was that investment was decreasing from 2008-2013

ReputationRep:
    So would this be correct for one point and how many marks???

Fiscal policy includes increasing gov.spending- this causes outward shift of AD - increased employment- also, increased spending on education and training increases geographical mobility- increased employment

However, leads to inflation etc.
    EV: depends where on AD /as etc.
    Yeaa thats good

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.