Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    ???
    He's been missing for ages!! Was nice to know he's alive!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ospina is ****ing awful, just clear off.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    the smile he gives coquelin :rofl:

wenger ready to drop the hottest mixtape of all time next week, trust.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gunshot riddim)
    the smile he gives coquelin :rofl:

wenger ready to drop the hottest mixtape of all time next week, trust.
    Lol. Making me uncontrollably laugh.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to see us go for the jugular and score 5/6/7 rather than take our foot off the gas and win 3/4-1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hatau24)
    I'd like to see us go for the jugular and score 5/6/7 rather than take our foot off the gas and win 3/4-1.
    why? the fa cup final is next week, literally no need to score that much since we have secured 3rd and couldnt get 2nd and we don't want to risk injuries. dumb idea

ReputationRep:
    Theo, Wilshere should start next week really given the huge improvement over recent weeks in movement and energy

Sanchez Giroud Walcott
    Wilshere Coquelin Ozil
    Monreal Mert Kosc Bellerin
    Szczesny

ReputationRep:
    The picture I've been waiting all year to post #obsessed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gunshot riddim)
    why? the fa cup final is next week, literally no need to score that much since we have secured 3rd and couldnt get 2nd and we don't want to risk injuries. dumb idea
    Entertainment, plus if we had beaten Swansea we would have finished behind City on goal difference for precisely the reason of taking our foot off the gas when we're comfortably ahead, it has happened loads this season against WBA today, Liverpool a few weeks ago, Newcastle in December etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hatau24)
    Entertainment, plus if we had beaten Swansea we would have finished behind City on goal difference for precisely the reason of taking our foot off the gas when we're comfortably ahead, it has happened loads this season against WBA today, Liverpool a few weeks ago, Newcastle in December etc...
    or we could go full steam ahead and risk injuries and getting caught on the counter, in my mind if we didn't get more points than city then we didnt deserve to finish above them.

ReputationRep:
    Have we improved?

I know some think we have due to not getting slapped in the big games but a club of Arsenal's size shouldn't be losing in that manner anyway.

We've finished further away from the title points-wise, despite finishing a position higher.

Along with that, we actually have a poorer record against the Top 9 teams, picking up only 4 wins.

Overall we haven't made major steps forwards this season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Have we improved?

I know some think we have due to not getting slapped in the big games but a club of Arsenal's size shouldn't be losing in that manner anyway.

We've finished further away from the title points-wise, despite finishing a position higher.

Along with that, we actually have a poorer record against the Top 9 teams, picking up only 4 wins.

Overall we haven't made major steps forwards this season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not really as I've said before :
    Spoiler:
    Show

Although disappointing, I'm happy we lost to Swansea yesterday, it gives our fans a right deserved kick up the ass. Only a few weeks ago we were being compared to the likes of Chelsea by some deluded ***** and tbh I'm sick of the false sense of optimism that we get every year as if things ever look up, and as if we're ever close to the title. We're on track to finish at a MAXIMUM of 79 points which is not progress but we'd be lucky to even reach that as we're going into the UTD game with bad form. Would not be surprised one bit if they managed to win hence most likely we're finishing on 76/77 pts which is ****ing piss poor.

Where are the "AKB's" who were calling out for the Wenger outs all year? Hope it's finally sunken into your head that Wenger will not take us towards the title but let's be real IF by chance we managed to win the FA cup you'll turn around again and say "2 back to back FA cups, "Vengah is progress!!"

Glad it happened sooner, then to wait till next season and realise that we HAVENT PROGRESSED at all, instead Wenger has papered over the cracks here as usual we'll continue finishing 4th. Lol at anyone who says 3rd is progress when in reality it's 4th by default because UTD and Liverpool have both declined.

We'll sign another reject like Pedro and say "yeah we got a real chance this year!!1!", whilst other teams try to sign players like Pogba, Koke, Griezman, Depay, Gundogan,Hummels, and we'll be sitting here with a squad full of misfits. It just goes to show you that no matter who we sign, we'll still fall short because Wenger is inept tactically. Inb4 big wins to a collapsed City side who have been beaten by dross like Liverpool, and UTD in the FA cup which means **** all until we can beat them at OT next week. Wenger is a top 4 manager now at best, as long as he is in charge then I will guarantee you we will not win the title. Let's not forget Mourinho finished above us in the table whilst using Torres and ****ing Demba Ba as his strikers.

inb4 "You're only saying this cause we lost". No. I've stated that I've always been Wenger out through out this season even if I did have the false sense of hope that we were making progress. The funny thing is at the start (and end) of the last summer transfer window, it was argued on this thread that Wenger MUST win the title this season and has no excuses for failure, otherwise it was time for him to go. And yet we're back in the same position with people saying "let's just give him a year or two more, we are progress!!", failing to realise his shortcomings yet again.

Wenger had the two best chances at the title for 2013/2014 season and, this season (considering bar for City we were in the best position to push on). But he's failed, and the teams around us are only getting stronger. Wenger's blown it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Not really as I've said before
    Sad really, league season was pretty much over before it started.

Can't afford to mess about this summer. Get whoever we need early and bed them in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sanchez and Coquelin have improved us imo. The quality of the league changes year on year, so how much points we have compared to last season isn't that important when we've finished in a higher position.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    The picture I've been waiting all year to post #obsessed

Congrats to Cesc he deserves it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birdman1234567)
    Sanchez and Coquelin have improved us imo. The quality of the league changes year on year, so how much points we have compared to last season isn't that important when we've finished in a higher position.
    Maybe not how many points be have but how many we are away from the title, and this year, the gap increased.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Maybe not how many points be have but how many we are away from the title, and this year, the gap increased.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You could argue that's because Chelsea improved more than we improved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birdman1234567)
    You could argue that's because Chelsea improved more than we improved.
    we haven't improved

ReputationRep:
    Sad really, league season was pretty much over before it started.

Can't afford to mess about this summer. Get whoever we need early and bed them in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Would be nice wouldn't it? It's not a WC or EC year so no real excuses, but I can't see it happening. Arsenal seem to like leaving it late for some reason.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 8, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.