Turn on thread page Beta

Keele A100 Applicants 2016 Entry watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm on hold too omg

ReputationRep:
    They told me that my application is currently with the director and under review

ReputationRep:
    Scary stuff!! 😨😨😨
    Btw thanks and good luck to you too its my last life remaining!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vikingkermit)
    I think more than what you did it's important what you took from it and how you relate it to the NHS constitution.
    Very true! I tried my best so it's just an agonising waiting game now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vka94)
    Your nursing assistant job should be totally fine as long as you've done it for a while. I volunteered at a geriatrics ward and i've done some mentoring and was president of society at uni.
    Thank you! I really hope so. President of soc sounds awesome. They love leadership qualities! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottemc1234)
    That's great I've done a nursing home for two years and I was a rainbow leader for two years and various volunteering at doctors surgerys and two hospitals, one of which was over a year then I put my circumstances for not getting into medicine first time which was the death of my father. They also check postcodes at Keele to see who comes from deprived areas as well, and I grew up on a council estate in a rough area
    Oh wow you have great work experiences! I really think you'll get an interview with those
    I'm so sorry about your father, I know exactly how it feels. Lost my mum 3 weeks ago and I'm in so much pain. My uncle passed away 3 years go on mums birthday (2days before my exams) and mum got Ill straight after his funeral so I messed up year 2 of my degree but incredibly Ive pulled through. At the time of my application mum was only Ill so I didn't say much about it but now she's gone
    Oh I didn't know about the postcode. I lived in a rough area too but I gave my current adress which is really lovely! I hope they work it out from my school information!
    Massive good luck to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sara0928)
    Oh wow you have great work experiences! I really think you'll get an interview with those
    I'm so sorry about your father, I know exactly how it feels. Lost my mum 3 weeks ago and I'm in so much pain. My uncle passed away 3 years go on mums birthday (2days before my exams) and mum got Ill straight after his funeral so I messed up year 2 of my degree but incredibly Ive pulled through. At the time of my application mum was only Ill so I didn't say much about it but now she's gone
    Oh I didn't know about the postcode. I lived in a rough area too but I gave my current adress which is really lovely! I hope they work it out from my school information!
    Massive good luck to you.
    Yeah they use the address you grew up in whilst completing A-Levels if I remember correctly, you too I'm sorry to hear about your mum it really is horrible, I lost my uncle around a month ago so it's taking its toll. My thoughts are with you! I hope you get an interview

ReputationRep:
    I think I may have an interview!!
    I rang them up this afternoon and the lady on the phone said that my R&R form has been assessed and that I should hear back in the next couple of days. But without me promoting she also told me that interviews for pre-med are on the 18th which I'm hoping is a good sign! (I've changed my application to pre-med).

ReputationRep:
    Guys some advice please.

I don't know whether to pull out from the Keele interview?

I have a grad interview for Liverpool in two weeks. Waiting to hear from Sheffield post interview and i have received one offer from Manchester. I know if I get Liverpool Il probs go there if not Manchester.

I have accepted the interview but shall I email them and pull out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I rang them up this afternoon and the lady on the phone said that my R&R form has been assessed and that I should hear back in the next couple of days. But without me promoting she also told me that interviews for pre-med are on the 18th which I'm hoping is a good sign! (I've changed my application to pre-med).
    how did you manage to qualify for pre med and the standard medicine course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HCAssistant93)
    Guys some advice please.

I have a grad interview for Liverpool in two weeks. Waiting to hear from Sheffield post interview and i have received one offer from Manchester. I know if I get Liverpool Il probs go there if not Manchester.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    if you really don't plan on going, and you have an offer, i'd pull out. it may gve one of the on-hold students a chance. but congratulations

ReputationRep:
    Guys some advice please.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Would you ever consider going to Keele? If so then give it a go if not then maybe give someone else a chance? Whatever you decide do what you think is best

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to ask but what is pre-med? I'm presuming the 6 year course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottemc1234)
    Would you ever consider going to Keele? If so then give it a go if not then maybe give someone else a chance? Whatever you decide do what you think is best
    Tbh in fron Manchester so if I didn't get into grad entry I'd want to stay at home. So I feel like I'm wasting their time if you get me. I wouldn't want to do that when someone else can have a chance and I'd feel happier doing that. I'm going to ring them tomorrow I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Tbh in fron Manchester so if I didn't get into grad entry I'd want to stay at home. So I feel like I'm wasting their time if you get me. I wouldn't want to do that when someone else can have a chance and I'd feel happier doing that. I'm going to ring them tomorrow I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fair enough

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If I were you I would pull out, yes. This is to give someone else a chance because most people only ever get 1 interview.... You've got an offer from a place you'd be happy to go to so I would just focus on Liverpool and then be done with UCAS and enjoy the time off before med school starts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kc91)
    If I were you I would pull out, yes. This is to give someone else a chance because most people only ever get 1 interview.... You've got an offer from a place you'd be happy to go to so I would just focus on Liverpool and then be done with UCAS and enjoy the time off before med school starts
    I agree. I just needed some reassurance from you guys. I'd love to be able to give someone else a chance to get in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I agree. I just needed some reassurance from you guys. I'd love to be able to give someone else a chance to get in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thats such a good thing to do, giving someone else a shot at interview. I am sure all of us who are still waiting to hear are incredibly grateful to people like you, giving us more of a shot at getting an interview!

Good luck with Liverpool, GEM is so competitive you did really well to get an interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bronte_girl)
    Thats such a good thing to do, giving someone else a shot at interview. I am sure all of us who are still waiting to hear are incredibly grateful to people like you, giving us more of a shot at getting an interview!

Good luck with Liverpool, GEM is so competitive you did really well to get an interview
    Thank you. I'll be in touch with Keele tomorrow and I'll let you guys know how it goes. I'm out the country now for a week but with reg wifi I'll be around

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trachelm)
    how did you manage to qualify for pre med and the standard medicine course?
    I didn't, I applied for A100 not knowing if my degree would would have enough hard science. Keele got in touch with me a few weeks back and said it didn't but would I like to be considered for the pre-med course. So obviously I said yes! Think there's only 10 places for pre-med though so I'm guessing it's competitive at interview.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2017
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.