The Student Room Group

The FIFA Thread

Scroll to see replies

Yeah they were good tbf.
Original post by sr90
Might show my face soon, i'm still crap but i've improved considerably

Deleted and banned all the **** posts btw

Mate if I can get in to the team as main striker, I'm certain you can tag along too :biggrin:

How were the games after I left by the way lads? I had a bit more time to play but I didn't want somebody to have to go in defence so I took one for the team :smile:
Original post by Lúcio
Mate if I can get in to the team as main striker, I'm certain you can tag along too :biggrin:

How were the games after I left by the way lads? I had a bit more time to play but I didn't want somebody to have to go in defence so I took one for the team :smile:

I was scoring a goal a game from Central Midfield(scoring bangers and late winners) and we were getting 3 goals a game.

Playing with you guys is interesting, you play more direct than I do, less triangular passing around the box and look for the aerial route/lofted through ball more often than the ground pass.

@Rk2k14 @difeo @SA-1...
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jam277
I was scoring a goal a game from Central Midfield(scoring bangers and late winners) and we were getting 3 goals a game.

Playing with you guys is interesting, you play more direct than I do, less triangular passing around the box and look for the aerial route/lofted through ball more often than the ground pass.

@Rk2k14 @difeo @SA-1...

Not bad man. You thinking about making a permanent move to the club? :biggrin:

Well I think a lot of it depends on who's playing.
If me and/or difeo are on the field, there will be a fair amount of wide play and crosses and perhaps fewer ground through balls for instance.

My pro is only 6'1 so he isn't normally gonna win dead ball headers against the 6'3+ CBs marking him but if you can get in a good cross from open play, he'll usually get his head on it.
Difeo's really good at that kind of thing so that's why our play shifts towards that style when we're around
Reply 824
Original post by Lúcio

We got promoted and scored like 8 goals in the first 2 games :wink:

Original post by jam277

@Rk2k14 @difeo @SA-1...

Nah I definitely have the same playing style as you
Original post by Dirtybit
We got promoted and scored like 8 goals in the first 2 games :wink:

We both know it would've been more if Lúcio was on the field.
I'm not as bad as you make out m8 :frown:
Reply 826
It's hard to play quick passing football when you're only controlling one player each. When we only have an ANY plus one or two players it tends to be more possession based.
Original post by Lúcio
We both know it would've been more if Lúcio was on the field.
I'm not as bad as you make out m8 :frown:

Man like Luke talking in 3rd person
Reply 828
Original post by zKlown
Man like Luke talking in 3rd person

Luke is Zlatan confirmed
Original post by difeo
Luke is Zlatan confirmed

Azziz sent Luke into retirement

#OAPBantz
Anyway clear that I'm pretty good to have at CM.
Reply 831
Original post by jam277
Anyway clear that I'm pretty good to have at CM.

Yeah, think we'll keep you around as a bench option for when zKlown or Depleted are missing
Original post by difeo
Yeah, think we'll keep you around as a bench option for when zKlown or Depleted are missing

Brb Frank Lampard/Cesc Fabregas hybrid and I'm only 82.
Are we gonna act like my piledriver didn't win us the first game?

#Catalyst
Reply 834
Are we gonna act like I didn't lob the keeper from 40 yards? only seen by Dirtybit and Lucio

#XabiAlonso
Reply 835
Can confirm.

Are we going to act like I didn't score a terrific bicycle kick from the edge of the box

#PrimeRooney
Reply 836
Are we going to act like my left foot isn't better than Luke's left and right combined?

#RVPFromHisArsenalDays

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SA-1
Are we going to act like my left foot isn't better than Luke's left and right combined?

#RVPFromHisArsenalDays

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are we going to act like Azizz doesn't lose the ball 1737529 times per game?
Reply 838
Original post by Lúcio
Are we going to act like Azizz doesn't lose the ball 1737529 times per game?

Mad shots.

Lucio upfront = 2ish goals over three games

Lucio goes to sleep & SHOO goes upfront = 8 goals in two games & promotion

#CommonDenominator

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 839
Original post by Lúcio
x

Also, good luck for today

Also, get a mic

Also, you owe me a controller