Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahastbury)
    My favourite is Nottingham but tbh i would be happy to even get into a university at this rate! what did you get last year/what are you predicted may i ask.
    and what grades is the urban planning at newcastle i may have to consider that!
    I have 420 UCAS points from previous study and I also done a nursing degree but left that and went onto an access course in art and design.

I also applied for Nottingham but got rejected. think the one for Newcastle may be ABB. Sheffield have also asked me for a portfolio for arch+landscape but I think I'm happy to stick with Northumbria.

You'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nairline)
    To those that got rejections from UCL after the task.. How long did it take for you receive that reply
    I didn't get rejected myself, however I know people that did. They were declined pretty fast from what I know. Mine took a while to back to me for an interview, so good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mqiu97)
    I posted my portfolio in early November and got a conditional offer like last week.
    Good lord ._. I sent it off about three weeks ago, fingers crossed they get back to me soon!

ReputationRep:
    Got offered an unconditional place at westminister on the spot at my interview today !
    wow well done!!

ReputationRep:
    Rejected from UCL after sending off my task 3 weeks ago. Absolutely heartbroken. Really don't want to go anywhere else... I'm already doing an art foundation rn so do u think it'd be stupid to take a year out and reapply?

ReputationRep:
    Rejected from UCL after sending off my task 3 weeks ago. Absolutely heartbroken. Really don't want to go anywhere else... I'm already doing an art foundation rn so do u think it'd be stupid to take a year out and reapply?
    If you're set on going there, you should do anything you can to get there, so another year out is an option. Or you can go there for post grad. I just think it's very narrow to just aim to go to one place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessicalw23)
    I have 420 UCAS points from previous study and I also done a nursing degree but left that and went onto an access course in art and design.

I also applied for Nottingham but got rejected. think the one for Newcastle may be ABB. Sheffield have also asked me for a portfolio for arch+landscape but I think I'm happy to stick with Northumbria.

You'll be fine!
    did you have to submit a portfolio to northumbria? if so how quickly did you hear from them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahastbury)
    did you have to submit a portfolio to northumbria? if so how quickly did you hear from them
    I did. I rang them after a week of submitting and apparently there was a bit of a backlog but I got my offer a few days after I think Northumbria have a certain way with applications, not sure if it's in batches

ReputationRep:
    If you'd rather not take a year out, I'd recommend going somewhere where you'd actually enjoy the working environment and then apply to the Bartlett for part 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vionart)
    If you'd rather not take a year out, I'd recommend going somewhere where you'd actually enjoy the working environment and then apply to the Bartlett for part 2
    I really would not mind taking a year out even though I've taken this year out to do an art foundation. I really cannot imagine myself on the other courses I've applied to besides Manchester. But I'm from Manchester, so i wouldn't like to stay in the same city for another 3 years. .. What do you think on taking another year out?

ReputationRep:
    I really would not mind taking a year out even though I've taken this year out to do an art foundation. I really cannot imagine myself on the other courses I've applied to besides Manchester. But I'm from Manchester, so i wouldn't like to stay in the same city for another 3 years. .. What do you think on taking another year out?
    But what are your other choices besides ucl? UCL is not the end of the world tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akeakeake)
    But what are your other choices besides ucl? UCL is not the end of the world tbh.
    Westminister Manchester Edinburgh and Brighton. Have unconditionals from Brighton and wesmtkniser. Haha yeah I know im probs just being a brat but have wanted this for 5 years ..!

ReputationRep:
    Just had my interview today at UCL.. Felt very rushed (may be as I was last to be interviewed). Not really sure how it went.. There were good points and points I reckon not so good..
    I was wondering whether there was a significance as to the order in which you are interviewed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple-loofah)
    Has anybody heard from Cardiff after sending in their portfolios?
    yeh, but they took forever! but luckily they gave me an offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HXSSN)
    So far I've got offers from Cardiff, Kent, Manchester and Newcastle but I have no idea what I'll put as my firm. I'm torn between Newcastle and Cardiff but I'll only get to visit Newcastle so I don't know how good the facilities are and the general feel is like at Cardiff. Hopefully, someone can give me some insight on what Cardiff was like when they visited?
    personally i really liked it and would be my first choice out of those 4. I thought the people seemed open minded, and the course had a really nice level of conceptuality, not too crazy, but not too conservative. They city is really nice and there is this street which is 'student street' where some accomdation and the student union is. As Cardiff is a capital city, it certainly has character. Also, the people at cardiff seem really nice. The Part II work on show was really good, one of the work won a RIBA medal or commendation last year.

ReputationRep:
    Westminister Manchester Edinburgh and Brighton. Have unconditionals from Brighton and wesmtkniser. Haha yeah I know im probs just being a brat but have wanted this for 5 years ..!
    Oh... If i was you I would have taken Edinburgh as my firm.. Know some people who've been there. Great city, great uni.

I personally regret not taking Edinburgh as one of my choices. haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akeakeake)
    Oh... If i was you I would have taken Edinburgh as my firm.. Know some people who've been there. Great city, great uni.

I personally regret not taking Edinburgh as one of my choices. haha
    I haven't been replied to from there. Need to visit still. Where have you firmed?

ReputationRep:
    What does everyone think of westminister?

ReputationRep:
    What does everyone think of westminister?
    I was really impressed. The facilities look really good. It's a huge department. They even had robotic arms and stuff. However i feel like due to the huge numbers on the course, you will be exceeding your tutors low expectations, rather than meeting their high expectations. If that makes sense...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowie)
    Just had my interview today at UCL.. Felt very rushed (may be as I was last to be interviewed). Not really sure how it went.. There were good points and points I reckon not so good..
    I was wondering whether there was a significance as to the order in which you are interviewed?
    Also had mine today... Apparently the interviewer liked many things that I showed him, but he also said things like "it's better if you can try something on a larger scale." Don't know if he's implying that I'm less able... Totally confused! As for the order, I don't think it really means anything. Maybe alphabetically, I guess?

Also I'm pretty sure I saw you today at UCL; I'm the Chinese-looking guy in a white sweater.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 4, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.