Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Themightylaa)
    Literally been sat awake on my phone for 2 hours now, I'm supposed to be up at 6am for a 12.5 hour shift at the hospital but sleep is not happening now, my mind is racing too much!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same!!!! Ah don't know what to do

I remember last year I was rejected the day after GAMSAT results were released so hopefully we find out about interviews today/monday!

fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if it will be off much help to graduates but if your looking to apply for dentistry you can use http://www.applyingfordentalschool.co.uk, the entry requirements on there of for undergrads but it talks about work experience requirements and what to expect at the different schools for interview. http://www.applyingfordentalschool.c...breakdown.html. I'm not sure if this will be useful but its worth a look

ReputationRep:
    I did worse in September than March.

March was like 57,73,50 overall 58
    September was 55,66,46 overall 54.

My only chance is Warwick and my UKCAT score was not that great tbh

ReputationRep:
    I got 60, 60, 70 with 65 overall. The days of anxiety riddled email checking are finally over.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my word. This process is awful!!!! I wish I had a confident score but I reckon I'm right on the border..... 60,62,54 overall 58 (or 58.666667!). I don't know whether I'm happy or sad or anxious. Probably all three as I truly thought I'd bombed it. The percentile curves aren't giving me much relief! I mean, it's great to know I got over the 50,50,50 I needed for Swansea!! Just......aaaaaaaahhhhhhh!

I have a 13 hour shift today and my alarm was set for 5.45....I must have subconsciously known it was going to be today because I've been wide awake since 5!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I literally cant believe it, really

I got 50, 63, 66, overall 61. Can u believe it?!?!? Me? Passing s1?????

S3 is a bit lower than what ive expected tho, but who fxxking care????

As an international student with a 2.2, my only chance is exeter, i think 61 will b too low for plymouth, but the space in exeter for internarional student is only 10 lol worst case scenario i will apply for the uni in cyprus.....

I still cant believe it, with my english efficiency and so many guessing in s1, this cannot happen.

ReputationRep:
    I flunked it. Tbh after not hearing from Sgul two days ago, I thought I'd got at least 50 in each section. I ended up getting 50/56/42 :lolwut:
    I didn't expect my s2 to be the highest since I didn't finish my second essay but that s3 though, I'm still disappointed. I was expecting something in the mid 50s.

Good luck everyone! And to all those doing it in March, here I come

ReputationRep:
    I got 59 which is sickeningly close!! Any hope do you think? I've applied to Notts, Liverpool and Swansea

will sgul respond back today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 10LFC10)

Taking the positives my 2+3 have actually gone up massively, it doesn't help when my section 1 plummets haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you don't mind me asking, by how many points was the jump in section for you? And was your previous exam in March or sep?

(Original post by dr_2b)
    I flunked it. Tbh after not hearing from Sgul two days ago, I thought I'd got at least 50 in each section. I ended up getting 50/56/42 :lolwut:
    I didn't expect my s2 to be the highest since I didn't finish my second essay but that s3 though, I'm still disappointed. I was expecting something in the mid 50s.

Good luck everyone! And to all those doing it in March, here I come
    My scores are similar to yours. I find it strange that we both have not yet been rejected yet...

I hate the GAMSAT so much :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 10LFC10)
    I sat it last September, will be doing March this time as no uni haha

My section 2 was the best and went up by 5 (52-57) which for the range it is in on the curve I'd say was quite a good improvement, I mean it's from no unis to practically 2 or more

I know it's not massive massive but I thought it was quite good. My science went up by a couple which I'm actually disappointed by but I'm blaming it on the slightly different exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's very good. Every point counts
    Good luck in your March exam. I'm sure we'll catch up further in the March thread.

ReputationRep:
    For S1 I think it's mostly about reading really widely and always having your critique hat on. Always thinking deeply about what you're reading. It just generally makes you a faster reader as well as making the inference side quicker.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    55, 67, 50. I've only applied to Notts with the GAMSAT so although I reached their criteria, I doubt I'll fall just shy on their cutoff score that they set on a yearly basis.

ReputationRep:
    From what I can tell uni's such as Notts seem to interview the top 20-25% each year (ie 75-80th percentile scores and above). Is an average taken from the March and September percentiles does anybody know? If so then a score of 60 is about 82nd percentile so I would actually expect their cut off to drop to 59 potentially. Any thoughts? This is the part where I go insane with over analysing everything to the extreme 😲

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to all!

I'm going to post a picture of the March GAMSAT 2016 curve and if someone can tell me whether averages have increased or decreased from this September one I'd be grateful!

Thanks!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    10LFC10 How did it go? And do you reckon Liverpool's cut off will stay the same??

ReputationRep:
    The March exam appears to have been harder, the percentiles are higher for Base scores like 50 and 60. The September one was hard too though and so overall percentiles seem to be higher than the previous year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got 59 overall (55,63,59) and I don't know how to feel about it, the cut offs are usually ~60 for SGUL and Swansea and I think I've fallen short

ReputationRep:
    Quick question from me! Basically, I've been avoiding tsr and any other forums since the exam in september so that I didn't panic and only came on here today since results are out. I didn't know that I had to add in my UCAS PID into my details, never saw the option before and so I added it today. Will that mess up my chances, or will the unis still receive my score??? I've already emailed acer but I'm just sat here panicking that I made a mistake.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 27, 2017
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.