Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
Announcements
  • View Poll Results: How did you find the BMAT?
    Both sections were fine!
    22.22%
    Both sections were impossible!
    3.47%
    Section 1 was fine, section 2 was harder
    12.50%
    Section 1 was a killer, section 2 was okay
    28.47%
    I'm doomed
    33.33%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForeverDay)
    Hi, they had five (I think) panels doing the interviewing, so I don't know if it will be exactly the same for everyone, but there was a table in between me and the interviewers, navy suit sounds fine (at mine one girl was in black jeans and a jumper, others in suits and dresses. Most of the boys seemed to be in suits and although I don't really remember the colours navy sounds innocuous enough). I kinda took my lead from the interviewers at the end, and as they made no move towards me when it was time to leave I didn't shake their hand. Another girl I spoke to said that she'd put her hand out and taken the lead in that sense so they then had to shake her hand. Tbh I can't see it being a deal breaker. Anyway, I hope this helps.
    Hello, thank you for replying, did you get an offer in the end?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azrafc)
    Hello, thank you for replying, did you get an offer in the end?
    The interview was only this last Wednesday, so I haven't heard back yet, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _newbe)
    Does any body know if it is purely interview performance that secures an offer from UCL after interview or do they also look at BMAT and academics aswell
    From what I've heard, after you get your interview its a clean slate, they will look at your bmat essay and personal statement too in the interview but it is a level playing field. Also, if you get an interview, that means there is an offer there for you, all you have to do is show that you are "worthy" of recieving it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForeverDay)
    The interview was only this last Wednesday, so I haven't heard back yet, sorry.
    Oh okay, good luck, you should hear back very soon, let us know how it turns out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _newbe)
    Does any body know if it is purely interview performance that secures an offer from UCL after interview or do they also look at BMAT and academics aswell
    Yep it's purely on interview performance, unless they're undecided about you, in which case it goes to a more senior person on the admissions team and they decide, presumably with all your information. However, it will most likely be the first case. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azrafc)
    From what I've heard, after you get your interview its a clean slate, they will look at your bmat essay and personal statement too in the interview but it is a level playing field. Also, if you get an interview, that means there is an offer there for you, all you have to do is show that you are "worthy" of recieving it.
    really that's great I have an interview later on this month so hopefully it will go well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciara26)
    Yep it's purely on interview performance, unless they're undecided about you, in which case it goes to a more senior person on the admissions team and they decide, presumably with all your information. However, it will most likely be the first case. Good luck!
    that's good to hear Thankyou!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gbajaj1506)
    Yeah things did pick up quite suddenly for me lmao, they both just kinda came out of nowhere 😂. Thanks man, I hope UCL and the others call you for interview!
    that's great thanks! I hope so too man - UCL is my first choice so fingers crossed hey

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    just a quick question, do UCL ask ethical scenario questions or is it more just personal statement based with a bit about the BMAT essay?

ReputationRep:
    how long do they take to typically get back to us after the interview? i know its up to 2 weeks but they normally do it earlier?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yazmin123)
    how long do they take to typically get back to us after the interview? i know its up to 2 weeks but they normally do it earlier?
    Have you got an interview? What date?
    edit: my friend heard back after 10 days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yazmin123)
    I heard back 6 days after my interview

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone who had their interview on the 3rd of Feb heard back yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iluv)
    Has anyone who had their interview on the 3rd of Feb heard back yet?
    Not yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer !😊 Heard back in 6 days

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview at half three today! 10 past four on 2nd March

Stats:
    AAAB (B in chem) at AS, 86% UMS average
    Predicted A*A*A (Bio Maths Chem)
    GCSE: 8A*2A,
    BMAT: 5.4,5.2,4A

Should also say I did get asked for UMS, way back, gave them to them on 31st december so had to wait a long time

ReputationRep:
    Congrats! Did you hear back in 6 WORKING days? Or just 6 days?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blxckatoro)
    Got an offer !😊 Heard back in 6 days
    Congrats !!!! Join the Fb med offer group

ReputationRep:
    I got an interview today at 14:01 for the 2nd of march!!

Stats:
    AAAA at AS, 94% UMS average
    Predicted A*A*A*A (Bio Maths Chem Psych) (also an A in EPQ)
    GCSE: 5A* 3A
    BMAT: I can't actually remember but i think it was 4.9 5.4 3.5A
    Work experience: Hospital placement, Volunteering at Elderly Home and 1 week at an additional needs school

I also had to send in my work experience which I send in last Thursday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sp22)
    Congrats !!!! Join the Fb med offer group
    Send me a link pls 😊

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.