The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Very nice (non-personalised) rejection letter from 1CL out by email. Congrats to people who got an offer - only 15 people shortlisted!
Reply 821
Was that Gray's Inn email in response to something you'd sent them, or a general email?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Gateway:

Do people think it is expected that applicants will provide a full subject/percentage breakdown for degree level results in the 'qualification title' bit?

I ask because the box is oddly titled if that's what it's for, but there's nowhere else for this information to go as far as I can tell.

In previous years I have not provided a subject breakdown. Some sets ask specifically for a breakdown in their particular gateway form, which adds credence to the view that it isn't required in the normal course of things.
Original post by Ozziebc
Was that Gray's Inn email in response to something you'd sent them, or a general email?

It was a response to an individual query.
Original post by Radebe91
In previous years I have not provided a subject breakdown. Some sets ask specifically for a breakdown in their particular gateway form, which adds credence to the view that it isn't required in the normal course of things.

Hm, interesting. Yes, I saw that. It just feels so odd not to submit a breakdown.

Thanks.
Hm, interesting. Yes, I saw that. It just feels so odd not to submit a breakdown.

Thanks.

Long time no TSR :holmes:
Original post by Cast.Iron
Long time no TSR :holmes:

Long time indeed. (I've actually been on here throughout, but yes, it's been a while since I've seen a post from you :smile: )

I'm guessing you're BPTCing next year too (scholarship dependent, if the above is anything to go by?), and gatewaying for... public law?
Reply 827
Long time indeed. (I've actually been on here throughout, but yes, it's been a while since I've seen a post from you :smile: )

I'm guessing you're BPTCing next year too (scholarship dependent, if the above is anything to go by?), and gatewaying for... public law?

I usually never put grades in mine either however when I started to the interviews came in. So I've started to do so for all of them this year. Wait and see. I've sent 9 of mine already.
Original post by Tiny92
I usually never put grades in mine either however when I started to the interviews came in. So I've started to do so for all of them this year. Wait and see. I've sent 9 of mine already.

Hmm, interesting. I might take a set-by-set approach.

Wow, you're quick off the mark. Good luck with them :smile:
Sets can't access applications until May 4th.
Reply 830
Original post by scavo86
Sets can't access applications until May 4th.

That is true however they do receive them in order of who has applied first.

I called PG services today to ask them if chambers could see my edits etc. If I made any.
Is there anyone else have not heard anything from 1CL? It seems that both rejections and invitations emails were generic, but I have not got any response either way. I am just considering contacting them already about it.
Gateway:

Do people think it is expected that applicants will provide a full subject/percentage breakdown for degree level results in the 'qualification title' bit?

I ask because the box is oddly titled if that's what it's for, but there's nowhere else for this information to go as far as I can tell.

Remember that the application is a form of written advocacy. Use the form however best to persuade the panel that you ought to be interviewed. If your individual results are particularly strong you'd be foolish not to have them on there somewhere. If they aren't, then you've got a reason not to bother putting them on. If there are one or two which are, and these relate to Chambers' areas of practice, then you can put those if you think appropriate. There is no right or wrong way, just whatever presents you in the best light. And that goes for the entirety of the form.

Posted from TSR Mobile
... in the 'qualification title' bit? I ask because the box is oddly titled

As far as I understand it "qualification title" means, for example, "LLB Law with Politics" or "BA Jurisprudence" or "MSc Forensic Food Science" as the case may be. But if you have good grades then find somewhere to show them off!
Original post by mathsmusicfrench
As far as I understand it "qualification title" means, for example, "LLB Law with Politics" or "BA Jurisprudence" or "MSc Forensic Food Science" as the case may be. But if you have good grades then find somewhere to show them off!

Yeah that's what I took it to mean as well. I might just ignore the clear purpose of the box and stick my modules in there though. Haven't decided yet.

Forensic food science sounds like an amazing course btw.
hey guys :biggrin:
Original post by greengoblin19
hey guys :biggrin:

Welcome to TSR!
Reply 837
43 Temple Row Birmingham out
Anyone heard from Gray's Inn? This waiting is unbearable!
Original post by Forum User
Anyone heard from Gray's Inn? This waiting is unbearable!

Nothing. They emailed me on Wednesday saying that we would know 'by the end of the week'. I agree though - checking my emails every 5 minutes is not conducive to productive revision!

Quick Reply

Latest