Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gsbs2)
    Lazard have numerical and verbal tests, they only send them if you pass the first screening
    From year above, I've heard Lazard has very high thresholds for tests

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dasu95)
    From year above, I've heard Lazard has very high thresholds for tests

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Could be, but they do reject people even after passing tests, once they look at the whole app together including results

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gsbs2)
    Lazard have numerical and verbal tests, they only send them if you pass the first screening
    & after the SJT

ReputationRep:
    Someone has done the SJT for Lazard?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oschene23)
    & after the SJT
    do they send it immediately or is there screening? I know last year there wasn't SJT, and tests were only sent after screening

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gsbs2)
    do they send it immediately or is there screening? I know last year there wasn't SJT, and tests were only sent after screening
    They screen before

ReputationRep:
    With Lazard, they only have positions for Financial Advisers... Are they not gonna have some proper asset management positions?! thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheParham)
    With Lazard, they only have positions for Financial Advisers... Are they not gonna have some proper asset management positions?! thanks
    The AM positions open in October according to the website

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dasu95)
    The AM positions open in October according to the website

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Topmaaaaaaaan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gsbs2)
    Yep, screen before - SJT is untimed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oschene23)
    Yep, screen before - SJT is untimed
    Have you heard back since completing the SJT?

ReputationRep:
    Assuming Deutsche Bank only accept final year students for their full-time programme?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Breakingbank)
    Nah and I did mine Friday night

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Breakingbank)
    Nope

ReputationRep:
    So for the DB CIB corporate finance app the questions are the same as when i applied for the spring week... can i get away with reusing some stuff?

Edit: i also can't figure out whether they want a cover letter in addition to their questions lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bored565)
    So for the DB CIB corporate finance app the questions are the same as when i applied for the spring week... can i get away with reusing some stuff?

Edit: i also can't figure out whether they want a cover letter in addition to their questions lol
    Yeah I reckon so, but I guess beef it up as much as you can tbh. Do you know if DB send tests after the app + if you can put a reference on there?

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping to get into DB's Special Situations Group SSG (Real Estate) there own private equity fund for next summer. Does anyone know if apps open for that or if it come under the banner of Corporate Finance and then you can get into through group placement? Or am I going to have to get in through a non standard procedure? I'm also interested to see if they open up apps for their Real Estate Finance Division- not consumer lending but speculative development, mezzanine, portfolio acquisitions sponsors ect?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eli5k)
    Well, I mean it is a nobel prize winning model, so I assumed it was a bit advanced to explain for an S&T internship lol. But if im okay just saying its a model to price European options then i guess its cool.
    I should imagine that you could be asked a question like this from a tough interviewer, but your answer would unlikely be expected to be any more than what it does (i.e. price options) and a more detailed explanation of what an option actually is.

Also, just so you know: something being "nobel prize winning" is absolutely no grounds on which to say that it is beyond the scope of an explanation for someone our age. I'm doing physics and we cover plenty of things that were nobel prize-worthy at the time.

Just because something requires immense intelligence to discover does not by any means suggest that it requires much intelligence to explain/use.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olly_price)
    I should imagine that you could be asked a question like this from a tough interviewer, but your answer would unlikely be expected to be any more than what it does (i.e. price options) and a more detailed explanation of what an option actually is.

Also, just so you know: something being "nobel prize winning" is absolutely no grounds on which to say that it is beyond the scope of an explanation for someone our age. I'm doing physics and we cover plenty of things that were nobel prize-worthy at the time.

Just because something requires immense intelligence to discover does not by any means suggest that it requires much intelligence to explain/use.
    Very well said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ESTATEREAL)
    I'm hoping to get into DB's Special Situations Group SSG (Real Estate) there own private equity fund for next summer. Does anyone know if apps open for that or if it come under the banner of Corporate Finance and then you can get into through group placement? Or am I going to have to get in through a non standard procedure? I'm also interested to see if they open up apps for their Real Estate Finance Division- not consumer lending but speculative development, mezzanine, portfolio acquisitions sponsors ect?
    Call HR graduate team and they'll explain it all

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.