Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munirahalyana)
    Accounting & Finance
    hi,

If you don't mind me asking what grades did you achieve at GCSE and A-Level or equivalent?

ReputationRep:
    I have a question for all the people out here. So this is just my theory but at the initial review stage they mainly look at your PS and stuff like grades too but mainly PS. then at the second stage (8 week) you are compared to others probably on the basis of grades so correct me if im wront but

1st stage: PS centred
    2nd stage:Grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salman53101)
    I have a question for all the people out here. So this is just my theory but at the initial review stage they mainly look at your PS and stuff like grades too but mainly PS. then at the second stage (8 week) you are compared to others probably on the basis of grades so correct me if im wront but

1st stage: PS centred
    2nd stage:Grades
    I believe it's the other way around. Grades are the prerequisites

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evar12345)
    I believe it's the other way around. Grades are the prerequisites
    Not really, people have been rejected after two weeks for an inadequate PS. They view your application alone first, and then if it meets the criteria they compare you to others. Both are important in both stages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by christiha)
    Yes
    So what does that mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apaulo5)
    So what does that mean?
    Last year, they used to mention the words "2 weeks" in the initial review email; however, this year they don't. Therefore, people sometimes still call it the same as before. Within 2-3 weeks after you get the 'initial review' email, you will receive another email which says something about "8 weeks" until they give a decision. That is if you meet the minimum entry requirement for your course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fbiemad)
    Last year, they used to mention the words "2 weeks" in the initial review email; however, this year they don't. Therefore, people sometimes still call it the same as before. Within 2-3 weeks after you get the 'initial review' email, you will receive another email which says something about "8 weeks" until they give a decision. That is if you meet the minimum entry requirement for your course.
    Oh, ok thank you for your response!

ReputationRep:
    Accounting & Finance
    I've applied for Accounting and Finance too! LSE is my last uni i need an offer from! Fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by negatron)
    I've applied for Accounting and Finance too! LSE is my last uni i need an offer from! Fingers crossed
    Where else have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ahh you're getting your offers so quickly! All the best, I'm sure you'll get it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AD490995)
    hi,

If you don't mind me asking what grades did you achieve at GCSE and A-Level or equivalent?
    They're not incredible but 9A* 1A at IGCSE (I'm an international student), 3A's at AS, predicted A*A*A at A-Level, and I'm taking an extra AS privately because my college doesn't offer the subject I want to do. I doubt I'll get past the 8 week email but... Fingers crossed. I was done with A-Levels just a week ago though! So I'm relieved about that.

ReputationRep:
    I have a few questions guys. can anyone get rejected before receiving the 8 weeks email? and i applied to lse for ppe, which is 4 years long. do you guys think lse is worth the money compared to ucl, durham, and warwick whose ppe programs all are 3 years long?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh you're getting your offers so quickly! All the best, I'm sure you'll get it!
    I hope so too! Im genuinely surpised as my AS didn't go as well as i hoped! What are you applying for? And what Unis )

ReputationRep:
    I hope so too! Im genuinely surpised as my AS didn't go as well as i hoped! What are you applying for? And what Unis )
    Really? How did you do in your AS? I'm sure your PS must be bomb then :P Accounting & Finance at LSE, Warwick, Strathclyde, Bath and Leeds!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tongdak13)
    I have a few questions guys. can anyone get rejected before receiving the 8 weeks email? and i applied to lse for ppe, which is 4 years long. do you guys think lse is worth the money compared to ucl, durham, and warwick whose ppe programs all are 3 years long?
    sometimes LSE rejects applicants even before the 8 week email.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    I'll be applying to LSE for Maths and Economics. Doing maths, further maths, economics and physics (probably dropping physics this year).
    What did you get at GCSE? I am planning to apply for maths and economics in two years time( Im in year 11). Also what career do you want to do? Would maths and economics be just as good as economics to get you into investment banking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleky6910)
    What did you get at GCSE? I am planning to apply for maths and economics in two years time( Im in year 11). Also what career do you want to do? Would maths and economics be just as good as economics to get you into investment banking?
    You've got a long way to go. Aim for multiple A's and A*'s this year, no specific number to achieve remember, simply try your hardest. I would personally aim for an A* in maths the most, to see if you'd be suited to doing well and receviing A* at A-Level. Econ and Maths&Econ are the same with career prospects into IB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by econprospective)
    You've got a long way to go. Aim for multiple A's and A*'s this year, no specific number to achieve remember, simply try your hardest. I would personally aim for an A* in maths the most, to see if you'd be suited to doing well and receviing A* at A-Level. Econ and Maths&Econ are the same with career prospects into IB.
    Thanks , I have already got 2 A* in methods and applications of maths. Doing the new gcse, statistics and aqa level 2 qualification in maths. I am planning on doing maths,further maths , economics and one AS. So maths and economics will be on an equal footing to economics? Maths and economics is one of the only courses you can apply to with maths, further maths and economics at a level, normal economics at LSE would consider it as no wide enough. Do you have an offer yet btw? Thanks for your advice and time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RK7000)
    sometimes LSE rejects applicants even before the 8 week email.
    Thanks for your reply do you know what criteria the school uses to make an offer tho? it only says it uses the so-called "holistic approach", but thats so vague. do you know how each component weighs in its admissions process as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tongdak13)
    Thanks for your reply do you know what criteria the school uses to make an offer tho? it only says it uses the so-called "holistic approach", but thats so vague. do you know how each component weighs in its admissions process as well?
    Hi friend

I would say that given the huge number of LSE applicants each year, the admission selectors definitely have many candidates with equally excellent results and a stunning PS to choose from. Thus, it is very hard for anyone to say for sure that you will/will not be given an offer. So dont give up just because someone claim that you have a slim chance of getting an offer only, because they are just guessing irresponsibly
    So the only things that we can do is to make sure our grades make the minimum requirements, and our PS is decent. This can ensure that at least we wont get an immediate rejection

Hope this advice helps anyone in needs

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 16, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.