[2017] Fastest and slowest offer senders!

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    To those who already have offers, when did you get the emails from UCAS and then your offer emails from your unis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dorababy1995)
    To those who already have offers, when did you get the emails from UCAS and then your offer emails from your unis?
    I got the email from UCAS about 10 minutes after an offer was put on track, and then I got the email from the uni the next day

ReputationRep:
    I got the offer at 4:00pm on UCAS but didn't get an update email until 20 minutes later. The university have yet to email me themselves though, I'm assuming they either won't send it until I reply or have sent a letter by post (because of the nature of the offer) but they didn't send an acknowledgement either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by butterfly_belle)
    I got the email from UCAS about 10 minutes after an offer was put on track, and then I got the email from the uni the next day

Well, but roughly what time?

ReputationRep:
    The exact times for my offers were 15:49 and 16:46, and then I got emails from the uni's early morning the next day so around 9/10am

ReputationRep:
    I spoke to a uni and they said they only do an upload/download for UCAS at 9:00am and 4:00pm, obviously this will vary slightly between unis but it seems as though there won't be much point checking during the middle of the day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlie_rhia_x)
    has anyone heard from Birmingham or Nottingham for English yet?
    Someone in my school got an unconditional offer to do English at Nottingham.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    So the 2017 UCAS cycle is now on us! At the moment a lot of us are in the middle of having a mental breakdown of how hard Year 13 is, writing our personal statements, pestering/bribing our teachers for our predicted grades and some of us are just weeks away from sending our applications off!

^Current mood

Which universities do you know of that are making offers the quickest this year (for your course and/or in general)?

Opening UCAS and seeing you got an offer like ^

Or do you know of any universities that are really taking their time with their offers and causing a mini panic ?

What life feels like when you have all your offers apart from that one uni you really want to go to ^

List of unis giving offers down below!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    So after scouring the pages and missing out on the US Presidential debate (cheers to the idiots who told me to do this ) Here are the unis that have been giving out offers so far as of 10/10/2016

-Newcastle
    -Bath
    -Bristol
    -Southampton
    -Liverpool
    -UCLAN
    -Greenwich
    -Nottingham
    -York
    -Swansea
    -Royal Holloway
    -Surrey
    -Edinburgh

I'll be updating the list by the end of every week and good luck to everyone!

Spoiler:
    Show
    Nottingham- English and French- Received reply..-
    Glasgow- English Language and Literature- Received reply...-
    Stirling- English- Received reply-
    Swansea- English Lang and Lit- Received reply...-
    Bournemouth- English- Received reply...-
    Thanks for le inspiration thecatwithnohat
    What a great help by putting the list of universities! Thanks so much

However I don't think us aspiring medics will hear anything until December, and that would only be for interview!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cindylol)
    Someone in my school got an unconditional offer to do English at Nottingham.
    When did they send off their application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iman305)
    I hope so, it's so sad to watch everyone at my school get offers lol while I'm sitting here with none, I guess law offers take longer too

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have patience - the offers will come eventually! When I applied I had to wait till December to get my first invitation to interview never mind an offer! Other interviews followed for Jan then Feb then March (the joys of applying for a health care course lol).

It's hard when your pals get offers without interview etc but you will get there in the end! In truth all Y13 was waiting for the next deadline - apply, wait for offers, reply to offers, exams, wait for results, wait for ucas to update, await confirmation from the uni and on and on it goes.

Try to relax - it will happen for you soon enough. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Hi!! I'm applying to do Law at the following universities:

University of Leeds
    University of Sheffield
    University of East Anglia
    University of Birmingham
    Queen Mary, University of London

Does anyone know how long these universities take to reply?!!! I'm soooo anxious!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Just applied for English Lit in Durham, Cambridge, Nottingham, Exeter (applied with study abroad in America) and Warwick!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iman305)
    Does oxf send acknowledgement emails? I hope I haven't messed up, or its cause I haven't taken my LNAT yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, I got one last night. Nothing specific, just acknowledgement of your college choice and your application

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beccaaaaaaaaa)
    PPE at University College so many of my friends are getting offers from various uni's and I'm still waiting ...:groovy:
    Ikr! I'm a little anxious since it seems like the interviews are a long way away, but they are in less than two months! Sh*t. I sincerely wish you the best of luck. Let us know if you get an interview! It'd be nice if some of us meet up in Oxford during interviews

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJP98)
    Just applied for English Lit in Durham, Cambridge, Nottingham, Exeter (applied with study abroad in America) and Warwick!

I can't believe we have 3 choices in common! Hopefully see you at Cambridge, Durham or Exeter!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JellyfishThunder)
    Yeah, I got one last night. Nothing specific, just acknowledgement of your college choice and your application

Posted from TSR Mobile
    oh wtf i havent got one? i have my lnat on saturday so maybe they only consider my app after ive done that too? so stressful omg

ReputationRep:
    If you've sent away everything can you make any changes to your choices? Pretty sure the answers no but I've had a change of heart

ReputationRep:
    What are you applying for?
    I can't believe we have 3 choices in common! Hopefully see you at Cambridge, Durham or Exeter!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJP98)
    What are you applying for?

I can see your question now! English! ))

ReputationRep:
    UCAS HAS BEEN SUBMITTED EEEEK

And so the waiting begins...

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.