Doctor Who - Discussion Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
SirMasterKey
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Colonel.)
Chibnall is also writing episode 4 and if you liked Pond Life, it sounds very similar to that.

If they were staying the whole series, I'd say yes, but they're leaving soon.
Could still be now though. The gaps are getting bigger and bigger it would seem. It could be a case of 1.5 years+ cap for the Ponds when they meet the Doctor for next weeks. Then a few years in ep.4 before the heart-break of ep.5.
Pensivedore
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Really didn't like this episode. Hated the sassy robots. David Mitchel's nasal voice is only good on David Mitchel. The CGI was terrible. The only good thing was the foreshadowing.

(Original post by SirMasterKey)
Fear Her
Love and Monsters
The Beast Below

I'd rate them all under this one personally.
Nah, I'd say The Beast Below was just a little bit better.
Colonel.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What exactly did it foreshadow? I thought this pretty much stood alone.

And I wonder if kids liked this episode. I'm genuinely interested.
lizolove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
He's done episode 4 as well.

Spoiler:
Show
The Time of Angels (Ep. 5)

I know, right.

The only decent bit of this episode was that small scene between Amy and the Doctor with 'You'll be there at my end' or something on those lines with Amy's 'Vice versa' with the Doctor's sad reaction. And of course the Doctor killing someone in cold blood. A bit random given his past history to be fair.
OOOH, thanks! How do you know out of curiosity? :rolleyes:
rhw
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I was just waiting for a "I have had it with these mother flippin' dinosaurs on this mother flippin'... spaceship"

It never came.
Sheldor
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

It was foreshadowing the leave of Amy and Rory, and how it might happen.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Pensivedore
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

I watched it with my 5 year old brother and he seemed to like it. Though he generally likes the idea of dinosaurs AND spaceships, so that was probably why. Most of the jokes flew over his head though, obviously!
Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's good that kids might have liked it. My younger cousins used to love it until Moffat came in.

I dunno why, I'm not a kid.
rhw
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The robot voices were also something I'd expect from Sarah Jane Adventures, y'know, the CBBC spinoff for DW. The Doctor saved everyone with some random plan he came up with on the spot and the episode had no real meaning as the Silurians were dead anyway and the Doctor didn't even have to bring the "gang" aboard it.

Could've been better, but a terrible episode to follow the Dalek one as that was brilliant
justanotherposter
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
For some reason I thought it was alright, the CGI wasn't that bad really (aside from Filch's escape ship, that looked ridiculous,) and the plot wasn't horrible, nothing special but definitely not the worst. The ending was weird though, although most people would leave the guy to die, the doctor wouldn't, the only justification for it can be that without companions he becomes colder, but nothing else about his personality in the episode suggested that. David Mitchell bot should have died earlier though, did he know how unfunny his script would be when he signed on? I'd give it 6.5/10.
Sheldor
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Pensivedore)
I watched it with my 5 year old brother and he seemed to like it. Though he generally likes the idea of dinosaurs AND spaceships, so that was probably why. Most of the jokes flew over his head though, obviously!
Yeah, the jokes were strange. Why was there do much innuendo? It's not really what you'd expect of Doctor Who.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
getfunky!
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm trying to think of episodes I'd rate lower.
A Good Man Goes to War
Let's Kill Hitler
getfunky!
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by rhw)
The robot voices were also something I'd expect from Sarah Jane Adventures, y'know, the CBBC spinoff for DW. The Doctor saved everyone with some random plan he came up with on the spot and the episode had no real meaning as the Silurians were dead anyway and the Doctor didn't even have to bring the "gang" aboard it.

Could've been better, but a terrible episode to follow the Dalek one as that was brilliant
especially Filch's ship when he was fleeing, would expect that effect on SJA.
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by lizolove)
OOOH, thanks! How do you know out of curiosity? :rolleyes:
Read it somewhere online earlier on. Can't quite remember where though.
Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by getfunky!)
A Good Man Goes to War
Let's Kill Hitler
Really?
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Really?
I'd agree with Let's Kill Hitler, that was complete and utter tribe. A Good Man Goes to War was through ally enjoyable though. I rated that episode quite highly.
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Do the people who voted 'excellent' really believe that this was? As in it was a 9 or 10 out of 10 episode? :lolwut:
lizolove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Read it somewhere online earlier on. Can't quite remember where though.
Ah, cool, thanks!
Ellie_May :)
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think todays was better than last weeks episode. Dinosaurs on a spaceship are pretty cool. But I still think they have become so much worse since Moffat started writing them. He makes them confusing, un-emotional, and now he has decided to add rude jokes in. wtf?
Feefifofum
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Am I the only one that liked it? I appreciated having an adventure episode, not just story arc all the time. Yeah there were some flaws, but all in all it was good fun :yy:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (477)
38.19%
No - but I will (95)
7.61%
No - I don't want to (87)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (590)
47.24%

Watched Threads