Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone think he will buy b4 fenerbache .
    No verm
    No Sagna
    No Gibbs
    No Kos -In Pl
    No monreal

ReputationRep:
    This is just so hard to swallow. I really am fearful for next week, Fulham away. 0 points from the first two games? Wasn't that what we did in 2011? And then Spurs!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    Would be a dream if Wenger calls it quits. Seriously had enough of him. I still can believe he didn't buy anyone before the season started. The more you think about it the more shocking it is.

JW Henry was right. What are they smoking down at the Emirates?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We have two weeks till the end of the transfer window. If he doesn't buy anyone of quality, this guy needs to leave. This performance was just ridiculous, to be dominated by a bottom half team, for **** sake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Sure - but I do find his tweets amusing.
    Really? I find them facile and tedious.

(Original post by Zyyz)
    How was it good business when it won united the league and cost us points? What are you smoking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :lolwut: Okay, Let's take the scenario that Van Persie stays. Arsenal don't have the extra twenty-four million. They finish fourth or third - the difference being a million pounds or so. Van Persie then leaves on a free and goes to United anyway the next season. Arsenal have maybe made a few hundred thousand, then lost their best striker on a free, to their rivals. Unless you honestly believe that Van Persie's presence last year would have got you second, you hardly lost much by the turn of events. Or perhaps you believe that another third-place would have been enough to keep him?

ReputationRep:
    You could have brought Benteke and nothing would have happened today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imthe12)
    Does anyone think he will buy b4 fenerbache .
    No verm
    No Sagna
    No Gibbs
    No Kos -In Pl
    No monreal
    Can't play Fenerbahce anyway as the deadline for registration has passed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nimrodstower)
    Do you really think your'e going down this year then?
    nice :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    Can't play Fenerbahce anyway as the deadline for registration has passed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We are doomed

ReputationRep:
    Wow that ref must hate arsenal more than howard webb and that says a lot :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popo23)
    We have two weeks till the end of the transfer window. If he doesn't buy anyone of quality, this guy needs to leave. This performance was just ridiculous, to be dominated by a bottom half team, for **** sake.
    Exactly. I really hope Wenger doesn't use the ref as an excuse. As bad as he was, even if the decisions went for us we would have max got a draw. Wenger needs to take the situation by the scruff of the neck. If he can't, then walk. Arsenal FC can't be toyed with.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by weeknd5000)
    Who said that?
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    who said that? :gasp:
    was theinvincibles i think (could be wrong), few others agreeing with him as well. I then got called arrogant for not agreeing.

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool's reluctance to sell to Arsenal could be a blessing in disguise for Suarez.

ReputationRep:
    Well well well.

It's almost as if I've been saying for the past two weeks that Wenger has made a mistake in leaving his signings so late.

Sagna, Gibbs, Monreal and Vermaelen injured. Koscielny suspended. Monreal and Djourou loaned out. Squillaci sold.

Wenger has gutted our squad and failed to replace any of them. I have no doubt we will strengthen as I said in my previous post, but it's clear for all to see, especially now, that it is idiotic to go into the first game of the season so horrendously unprepared. That's 3 points lost today due to a horrific failing of Wenger to address our squad depth. Last year we finished 1 point about Spurs, and the year before too. This summer has been awfully managed from start to finish, and now we will no doubt struggle to get in the quality we need.

Worst of all is Wenger pointing to Chelsea and United when talking about a 'lack of movement' in the market. United's squad won the league last year and Chelsea haven't let go of 25 players and brought in 1 (in fact they actually have strengthened contrary to what Wenger said).

I've been a defender of Wenger in the past and still think he's the best man for the job right now, but this summer has been an absolute bloody shambles. Funny thing is, people will predict us to finish outside the top 4 and I wouldn't be surprised if we shut them up again, but it's so frustrating to see us on the brink of making it hard for ourselves again.

ReputationRep:
    Flamini's a free agent?

ReputationRep:
    I think the following sentence suffices to quell your fears:

It's the first game of the season.

ReputationRep:
    Had Koscielny in my fantasy team as well! Should have played Shaw instead Although thankfully Benteke earned some decent points so not such a bad start.

I think Villa aren't gonna be any pushover team they've got some attacking force with the front players. But I still expected Arsenal to beat them with their inexperience in defence. Arsenal really need to buy more than just a couple of players now. There team looks weak squad wise and with the lack of strikers up front. Liverpool and Spurs good strong and could easily go above Arsenal if nothing else were to change.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)

No one gives 2 ****s about the fact that we lost the first match. It's the fact that we were so unprepared that is pissing everyone off.

ReputationRep:

Not really.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

It's Aston Villa, who finished 15th last season.

ReputationRep:

IKR Gooners going crazy every where it quite embarrassing. Wenger is still the right man for Arsenal imo I'll back him to the bitter end

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.