Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Current Year 12 Thread Mark I (2013-2014) Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Might find it hard without f.maths AND physics missing.

I'd say pick up f.maths/physics if she can, if not then perhaps see what unis say.

It's not very chemical though, more physics/maths
    Ahh yeah she wont do f.maths or physics meh what else can she do with those combinations
    Ahh right yeah she loves chemistry ahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foreverstrong_97)
    Ahh yeah she wont do f.maths or physics meh what else can she do with those combinations
    Ahh right yeah she loves chemistry ahaha
    Chemistry :lol:
    Biochemistry
    Medicine
    Pharmacy
    Geography
    Earth Science
    Materials Science

Loads

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skizzle)
    Hey, keep forgetting to do this but here are my subjects...

Biology- AQA
    Chemistry- AQA
    Maths- OCR MEI
    English Literature- OCR
    I've put you on

ReputationRep:
    Started C4 today! Can't believe we're on the last unit of A Level Maths already! Still got some C3 and M2 to finish on the side though.

ReputationRep:
    I should finally/ hopefully finish D1 this time next week then its a lot of exam practice and extra time on FP1

Finishing units ahead of schedule may be the savior of my AAAAA hopes :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Are any of you guys on twitter?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blamethenargles)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    'i am

ReputationRep:
    Social psychology genuinely made me want to leave the room on psychiatric grounds today. I hate humans as a species enough without social psychology propagating its lies to me, making me think humans are way ****tier than I already think they are (as a species, I must stress :mmm: Individuals and groups can be exceptional).

Is misanthropy a mental illness? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Polecat)
    Don't suppose anyone here does Religious Studies/ Philosophy AS?
    I do! What exam board are you on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    'i am
    What's your username?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kalios)
    When did you send your application off? I was thinking about applying to a couple of engineering courses at Queen Mary but it's probably too late.
    On Saturday. When's the deadline for Queen mary?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    I should finally/ hopefully finish D1 this time next week then its a lot of exam practice and extra time on FP1

Finishing units ahead of schedule may be the savior of my AAAAA hopes :lol:
    We've almost finished FP1 now and done half of M2. Pretty confident of an A in FM now

ReputationRep:
    Since I have started Sixth Form I have become slowly more and more depressed. I've got to the point now where I have no interest in anything anymore, outside or in school, and have lost my appetite completely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie97)
    I do! What exam board are you on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    AQA! I'm doing the first two units. Situation ethics, utilitarianism, Kant and natural law. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tibbz2)
    Since I have started Sixth Form I have become slowly more and more depressed. I've got to the point now where I have no interest in anything anymore, outside or in school, and have lost my appetite completely
    Cheer up! Anything wrong with your subjects/sixth form/family/friends/teachers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spacey368)
    Cheer up! Anything wrong with your subjects/sixth form/family/friends/teachers?
    I hate all my subjects at the moment, I have no motivation to do any of them, and being at home is so bad I'd rather be at school

I wouldn't usually get this down about it but I've just lost interest in everything I did outside of school too, so I spent all my time now worrying about how much content I don't know and not doing anything I enjoy anymore etc!

I've never been like this before so it's strange and probably makes it worse, but I'm sure I'll get over myself soon lol

ReputationRep:
    What's your username?

@Luke_Curtis97

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Red Fox)
    We've almost finished FP1 now and done half of M2. Pretty confident of an A in FM now
    I'm not i'll get a B unless this intense FP1 focus makes a difference :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tibbz2)
    I hate all my subjects at the moment, I have no motivation to do any of them, and being at home is so bad I'd rather be at school

I wouldn't usually get this down about it but I've just lost interest in everything I did outside of school too, so I spent all my time now worrying about how much content I don't know and not doing anything I enjoy anymore etc!

I've never been like this before so it's strange and probably makes it worse, but I'm sure I'll get over myself soon lol
    I cant help you with the home problems (speak with your pastoral support worker maybe?) however I can help you with the school problems - I DO THREE COURSEWORK SUBJECTS SO I KNOW ABOUT WORKING HARD!

1) do all homework the night you get it.
    2) create a timetable
    3) work hard in lessons- you will get so much more out of lessons AND your subjects!
    4) YOU CAN DO IT - I was predicted all E's and F's at GCSE and got 2As 2Bs and 5Cs - if I didn't work hard at GCSE I wouldn't be in sixth form
    More Info here:http://rosieuntitled.tumblr.com/post...rvive-a-levels
    HOPE THIS HELPED - WERE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER BTW

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spacey368)
    I cant help you with the home problems (speak with your pastoral support worker maybe?) however I can help you with the school problems - I DO THREE COURSEWORK SUBJECTS SO I KNOW ABOUT WORKING HARD!

1) do all homework the night you get it.
    2) create a timetable
    3) work hard in lessons- you will get so much more out of lessons AND your subjects!
    4) YOU CAN DO IT - I was predicted all E's and F's at GCSE and got 2As 2Bs and 5Cs - if I didn't work hard at GCSE I wouldn't be in sixth form
    More Info here:http://rosieuntitled.tumblr.com/post...rvive-a-levels
    HOPE THIS HELPED - WERE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER BTW
    Thanks for the advice

I am generally a lot more disciplined than I was last year with homework, I've even been finishing some classwork that I didn't reach in lesson during my frees

I think it's generally an overwhelming feeling of work at the moment making everything worse... We're doing AS and A2 maths which is bad enough but also doing chemistry coursework and both pieces of physics coursework at the moment, there is so much to remember and work to do!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.