Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrpunchline)
    Am I seriously the only one who's heard directly from St Hugh's?!:eek:
    Obviously I can't speak for anyone not on TSR, but from what I know you're the only one on here who's gotten a direct reply (unless someone else received one and didn't say anything)

ReputationRep:
    Hiya. I've submitted my accommodation reply form thing for Merton college, but when I did it I didn't read the part that said I'd need to stay until at least 16:00 on the 11th December, but may be required until later that day, so I assumed it would be okay for me to put my estimated departure time as 16:30 (I know, I know, 'ass' out of 'u' and 'me'). I am able to stay later than what I put if I needed to, it's no problem for me, but do you think it might be a problem for my accommodation if I was required to stay later? Basically, will they chuck me out at 16:30, and would I thus be forced to lug my belongings around with me to later interviews, or is it not so strict?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by not you)
    Obviously I can't speak for anyone not on TSR, but from what I know you're the only one on here who's gotten a direct reply (unless someone else received one and didn't say anything)
    That's kind of crazy...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBilboBaggins)
    Hiya. I've submitted my accommodation reply form thing for Merton college, but when I did it I didn't read the part that said I'd need to stay until at least 16:00 on the 11th December, but may be required until later that day, so I assumed it would be okay for me to put my estimated departure time as 16:30 (I know, I know, 'ass' out of 'u' and 'me'. I am able to stay later than what I put if I needed to, it's no problem for me, but do you think it might be a problem for my accommodation if I was required to stay later? Basically, will they chuck me out at 16:30, and would I thus be forced to lug my belongings around with me to later interviews, or is it not so strict?
    I don't think it'll be a problem, but if you email them or call them they should be able to note it to make sure no problems apply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fl0ppyd1sk)
    Anyone applying to ComSci heard anything?
    Not yet :/
    I know a few people have though. What college did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtilleryArthur)
    English at Balliol, and you?
    Nice! History at Brasenose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leahcharmaine)
    anybody in mansfield college between 8th-11th december??
    I'm from 6th to 9th!! What course? I'm for PPE

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to Corpus Christi college for chem interview?

ReputationRep:
    is anyone being interviewed at St Hildas for Chemistry?

ReputationRep:
    I read earlier today a post of someone who was planning to fly in the very same day of the interview. It may not be a good idea. If you are flying into Heathrow air traffic can be unpredictable and it is easy to get delayed, you don't need the extra stress of fearing to miss your meetings. If you are from a small city you may not be accustomed to the traffic surrounding metropolis like London. I am under the impression that colleges have no issue offering an extra night stay to candidates who are coming from abroad. Do yourself a favour give yourself the gift of traveling worry free. We live near London and about 20 minutes from Heathrow so I know how congested the area can get.

ReputationRep:
    14th ~ 16th Dec, Corpus Christi College for chemistry, anyone with me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ceco_moev)
    I'm 6th-9th at Mansfield too! English

ReputationRep:
    Is knowledge of Calculus required for Economics interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kjh980215)
    14th ~ 16th Dec, Corpus Christi College for chemistry, anyone with me?
    Congrats for your interview call.

When did you get interview email/letter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eznomics)
    It says on the Trinity website that short listing decisions have been sent for my course, Economics and Management. However, I have yet to receive anything from Trinity. Does this mean that I have been rejected?
    I've applied for E&M at Trinity too
    Have not yet received any reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnny Keaveney)
    What interview preparation is everyone doing ?
    A fair bit of wider reading. Watching the videos from Oxford and Cambridge on YouTube. Practicing talking about my subject and stuff like that. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fran_fran)
    I'm 6th-9th at Mansfield too! English
    Same (English) 6th-9th

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ceco_moev)
    I'm there for oriental studies! Hopefully see you there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leondarius)
    I read earlier today a post of someone who was planning to fly in the very same day of the interview. It may not be a good idea. If you are flying into Heathrow air traffic can be unpredictable and it easy to get delayed, you don't need the extra stress of fearing to miss your meetings. If you are from a small city you may not be accustomed to the traffic surrounding metropolis like London. I am under the impression that colleges have no issue offering an extra night stay to candidates who are coming from abroad. Do yourself a favour give yourself the gift of traveling worry free. We live near London and about 20 minutes from Heathrow so I know how congested the area can get.
    I'm arriving on the same day, but I only have to arrive by 6pm on Sunday, so I'm assuming there won't be any interviews that day and that a delay wouldn't be the end of the world (ofc I'm writing my college anyway to make sure because I'm obsessing)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kind3110)
    Congrats for your interview call.

When did you get interview email/letter?
    Thanks my friend, first of all i made an open application, then i got an email from admission team that my application had gone to Exeter College after 1week later i applied, however this Monday i received an email that now i have an interview in Corpus Christi College. Hope this helps

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.