The Manchester United Thread XIX Watch

This discussion is closed.
trapking
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dirtybit)
Yeah because you've just named all the attacking options they have. Iheanacho is way better than Sterling. Sterling is their worst attacking option (apart from Navas mabye). Ultimately a waste of money and the next Lennon.

Just imagine spending £40m on another average player in Mane.
I bet youre the kinda guy who would say Rashford is better than Mane...
difeo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dirtybit)
Just imagine spending £40m on another average player in Mane.
Think of how often we'd get to say "das it mane" though
difeo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by trapking)
I bet youre the kinda guy who would say Rashford is better than Mane...
thought u were leaving pal
KingKoala
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thoughts on Depays apparent departure?
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I would give him another year. Worrying he didn't adapt quickly as he should have in the league but showed promise in Europe. LVG's management of him, alongside other players, hasn't been great and with a consecutive run of games and better management, might see an improvement.

His Instagram stuff might be a hissy fit with Mata's comments which some say was a hint to him

Posted from TSR Mobile
manutd fc2
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Although city lost, I think champions league is still unlikely. But if we do pull it off, it will be epiccccccccc
Dirtybit
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by difeo)
Think of how often we'd get to say "das it mane" though
Get out
xKay
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
more mane more problems, amyryt?
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
Seriously though

Mane has been missing for months, he scores a hat-trick out of the blue and all United fans want him again. Typical from our fan base.
NathanW18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Memphis has mostly been terrible when he has played. He has proved nothing and shouldn't expect to come here and be picked every week. His deleting of teammates on Instagram makes him look like a little *****.
scrawlx101
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Would rather have arnautovic of memphis atm tbh
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Give memphis another season.. LVG is not exactly the bastion of creative attacking play, and I honestly expect that under a new more attacking manager some of your forward players will really come good. Especially martial, who I think will just destroy the league next season..

That said, if moriniho comes in, I cant see Memphis really standing a chance
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
Yeah the people talking about Memphis are the ones who said Ashley young > Di Maria too so let's leave it at that shall we
NathanW18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I want the players that are playing well to be in the team. I don't care about the name. I refuse to give certain players a pass. When you can't trust a player to make simple 5 yard passes, it's not a surprise to see them benched.

That being said, he should not be sold. Unless he requests it. The first year in a new country has been tough on many players.
KingKoala
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
D you think we will see a similar story with Martial, whereby he plays for United until he is about 25-26 and then as soon as he starts to peak and fulfil his potential, he is snatched away from us by Madrid?
mojojojo101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Memphis should stay, this season has been hard for him but he deserves at least 1 more.season to show what he can do when he has some confidence. The injury to Shaw had a big effect on him, especially because we seemingly have no other left backs at the club, there is no good reason that should be a problem again next year.

Not going to happen under Mourinho though. It's kind of amazing how much I do t want him to be Man Utd's manager next year.
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
(Original post by NathanW18)
I want the players that are playing well to be in the team. I don't care about the name. I refuse to give certain players a pass. When you can't trust a player to make simple 5 yard passes, it's not a surprise to see them benched.

That being said, he should not be sold. Unless he requests it. The first year in a new country has been tough on many players.
He started the season of ok. Carried us to qualify for CL (Rooney was horrible). He then went through a bit of bad form and was instantly benched for Lingard. Rooney carried on playing really really bad. Memphis was basically exiled to the bench for good even when Lingard and Rooney went through bad form (mostly because Lingard was used to tracking back + Lingard played simple football and would not lose the ball by trying to take on players).

Then Rooney got injured and Depay got his chance to start and he showed excellent form against Midtjylland fc (Yeah you can say it's only midgetland but no one else on our team looked to be on his level not to mention them beating us the first time round). He also had a good game against Arsenal. The next game he played he was just average but so was everyone else on the team, some even worse but he still got dropped for that. Lingard remained in the team after all his average performances.

It's unfair to judge Memphis on all his 10 minute sub in performances as we're usually losing he's expected to turn into Ronaldo. We can clearly see LVG has not provided the best management for those free-role type players. Memphis is clearly shot of confidence and needs a run of games and to be allowed to express himself. We can see how much a run of games can do for a player looking at Rooney as he was allowed to get run of games even after him being terrible before injury and he got better. You can say he can't make a 5 yard pass at times but all of our players have been miss passing all season. God knows how many sitters and 1v1's Lingard has missed.

Ultimately Memphis has shown glimpses of what he's capable of and what he needs is the backing of the manager and fans to help him get back stronger. I'm not basing wanting him to play because of his name but because of what he has shown he can do. Memphis gets a lot of abuse from "fans" on social media just because he did not live up to their expectations. United fans jump on the bandwagon so much it's cringeworthy.
bj27
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah I actually agree with Dirtybit for once. Makes a good point.

I don't think Lingard should be starting as many games as he currently does. I also think Van Gaal makes the players play too safe. Against Leicester in the first half that was the kind of football that United should be playing, the issue there was just the lack of a final pass at times and not being clinical enough. That second half was atrocious though, back to the United of earlier in the season. Leicester at that point were clearly aiming to hit on the break and instead of speeding up the play so the Leicester defence wasn't set you lot proceed to cross to Rashford, even when Fellaini came off.

Herrera was quite poor for the cameo he was on for too. A lot of the players that people ask to come on need to start or at least have a run of games.

This is similar to what happened with Di Maria last season and look at him now.
Rk2k14
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Doesn't help that he'll get dropped the next game if he has a poor one, when Lingard and co can play consecutive games utter dog **** but still get in the starting 11.
rEaR vIeW
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Rk already smashed at Trafford Centre innit (threesome with his side chick Selena)
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (54)
19.71%
Unconditional if firmed (22)
8.03%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
0.73%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (9)
3.28%
No unconditional offers (187)
68.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise