The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

So I applied for the Team GB job, as I had a good first season and finished 6th. Tony Mowbray gets it :/

Also went about signing Thorgan Hazard, his wage at his previous club was £475p/w, he wants £17k p/w from me. Take it or leave it?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by kingkongjaffa
What sort of age do you try and move older players on I have a reserve team and youth team full of great young players

The age they stop playing well. Young players would get promoted to the first team squad at the age of 22/23/24, unless they got in earlier and played well or if I needed them, because my first team had so much depth and quality there was no need to promote them.
Original post by TrulyEpicLawls
The age they stop playing well. Young players would get promoted to the first team squad at the age of 22/23/24, unless they got in earlier and played well or if I needed them, because my first team had so much depth and quality there was no need to promote them.

were you not worried about talent wasting away in the reserves?
Original post by jackf1337
Lichaj has been brilliant for me, just give him another go :smile:

The good thing about Given is you can probably get up to £5m for him and knock £52k off of the wage bill if you choose to sell.

Good idea with Agbonlahor. Although he broke his leg in the penultimate game of my first season :frown:
Ah so you're playing 3 at the back? I'm gonna try and come up with a formation which uses 3 at the back and 2 upfront for next season.

Delph has been awesome for me. Keep him.

In other news, Charles N'Zogbia came second in the Player of Year award (19 assists and 7 goals), Agbonlahor got goal of the season and Bent came 4th in the top scorers. WINNING. I ended up finishing 6th, although Liverpool (7th) won the league cup and Wolves (17th) won the FA cup so I missed out on the Euro League :frown: I really wanted to qualify so I could give my youngsters more games.

Wounder! My aim is to try and get Europe but I'm not sure it'll be possible without winning one of the cups!

I haven't gone 3 at the back, no! But I might give it a try when I'm away at Man U or something and play Poulsen and :puke:Hutton:eviltongue: at wing-backs.
What I was trying to say was that I'll go all out on the left-wing and be more defensive on the right-wing in order to balance it out, as such. Like remember back in 07/08 when Villa's only threat came from the left hand side? :tongue: Bouma and Young ftw! Then there was Mellberg and Reo-Coker on the right that really were not made for being on the wing! :biggrin:

I really like Given though, with me I sometimes don't normally care if they're good or not though, sometimes I just go for personal preference! :redface:
So I have a friend who is an unpaid scout for SI; scouting some of the North East LL teams (York etc )... so he has recieved a copy of the 2013 editor which is starting to code players in.... so for the lulz, he's coding me in :biggrin: :biggrin: For Torquay FC.... as a wonder kid :biggrin: :eek:

So epic it's unreal!!!!!! :colondollar:

Whether or not FM will allow it, is yet to be seen.... however I could have a presence on FM 2013 :woo:

Edit: When I say wonderkid... max potential is a good player for league 1
(edited 11 years ago)
bought balloteli at 25 for 3 mill :smile:
bought balloteli at 25 for 3 mill :smile:

How? :confused:

He must have had a major injury for his monetry worth to crash so low :confused:
Original post by Angry cucumber
How? :confused:

He must have had a major injury for his monetry worth to crash so low :confused:

on most of my games City either barely play him or loan him out for several seasons and then he leaves on the cheap
were you not worried about talent wasting away in the reserves?

No, because they were on loan in the Premier League, Serie A and La Liga, which had the bonus of hindering my title rivals when my on-loan players took points off them.

So I have a friend who is an unpaid scout for SI; scouting some of the North East LL teams (York etc )... so he has recieved a copy of the 2013 editor which is starting to code players in.... so for the lulz, he's coding me in :biggrin: :biggrin: For Torquay FC.... as a wonder kid :biggrin: :eek:

So epic it's unreal!!!!!! :colondollar:

Whether or not FM will allow it, is yet to be seen.... however I could have a presence on FM 2013 :woo:

This sort of thing pisses me right off. Hope it gets seen and removed, and they have a word with your friend about it.

This sort of thing pisses me right off. Hope it gets seen and removed, and they have a word with your friend about it.

Really? Being a wonderkid for League 1 standard... pisses you off :confused:

It's no different than being a regen? Other than, it's loosely based on someone who's real
(edited 11 years ago)

It's no different than being a regen? Other than, it's loosely based on someone who's real

But you don't play for Torquay?.....

Anyway, after that post it'll be sure to be spotted :tongue:

No, having a fake player in our games. It's bad enough with the Super Swedes and Greeks, but do you remember/know of the furore over Harchester?

Regens are based on the future, and no-one has complaints over that because unless SI discover time travel and get scouts from the future, it's understandable and the way its done couldn't be done any better.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by neillya1
But you don't play for Torquay?.....

Anyway, after that post it'll be sure to be spotted :tongue:

Well yes, I don't play for Torquay.... neither do any of the regens who come through (and some of them are ridiculous) ..... it's not like it's a player with the attributes of a Prem league star; or with the potential to be one..... if my loosely based player makes even a mild impression on the mighty Torquay ( :tongue: ) I'd be staggered.....
No, having a fake player in your game. It's bad enough with the Super Swedes and Greeks, but do you remember/know of the furore over Harchester?

Harchester, was fictional team who appeared on Dream Team.... not sure how they are comparable

Edit: Oh I understand now..... Harchester became available via a file, which you could edit and then they were playable.... How was this controversial... no more controversial than having downloadable tactics surely.. like the "box" tactic this year, which pretty much breaks the game?
(edited 11 years ago)
Well yes, I don't play for Torquay.... neither do any of the regens who come through (and some of them are ridiculous) ..... it's not like it's a player with the attributes of a Prem league star; or with the potential to be one..... if my loosely based player makes even a mild impression on the mighty Torquay ( :tongue: ) I'd be staggered.....

Network game team selection is up and the game is holidaying. :smile:
Original post by KingMessi
Network game team selection is up and the game is holidaying. :smile:

Am I selected as a team, or are you going to do it, when I'm back from Hols? :smile:

I'll take a full team :smile:

_______

Also I've told my friend not to bother, with me in FM 2013.... more problems caused by it, than it's worth!!
Am I selected as a team, or are you going to do it, when I'm back from Hols? :smile:

I'll take a full team :smile:

_______

Also I've told my friend not to bother, with me in FM 2013.... more problems caused by it, than it's worth!!

Check the thread. You've been allocated a team. :smile:
Join the Hamachi as well, if you want...
After a **** start to the season as barcelona. Was 7th at one point, I'm now 4th and 4 points behind the leaders at christmas, got 16/18 points in the CL group stages. Time for the turnaround. Bought a 21 year old CB from my former real sociedad team for 5 million (only bought him because I poached him as a youngster from barcelona for 300k so just decided to bring him back) and sold a player for 10 million.

Lets see if I can win the title, if not I'll just win the champions league and the spanish cup.
Harchester, was fictional team who appeared on Dream Team.... not sure how they are comparable

Edit: Oh I understand now..... Harchester became available via a file, which you could edit and then they were playable.... How was this controversial... no more controversial than having downloadable tactics surely.. like the "box" tactic this year, which pretty much breaks the game?

Untrue - even without ticking the box, Harchester were still in the game and affecting the game world with transfers etc. Hence furore.
I'm trying to do a director of football type job. Holiday all matches and just do transfers and behind the scenes stuff. fun so far.

Latest