Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmperorMustard)
    Well well well.

It's almost as if I've been saying for the past two weeks that Wenger has made a mistake in leaving his signings so late.

Sagna, Gibbs, Monreal and Vermaelen injured. Koscielny suspended. Monreal and Djourou loaned out. Squillaci sold.

Wenger has gutted our squad and failed to replace any of them. I have no doubt we will strengthen as I said in my previous post, but it's clear for all to see, especially now, that it is idiotic to go into the first game of the season so horrendously unprepared. That's 3 points lost today due to a horrific failing of Wenger to address our squad depth. Last year we finished 1 point about Spurs, and the year before too. This summer has been awfully managed from start to finish, and now we will no doubt struggle to get in the quality we need.

Worst of all is Wenger pointing to Chelsea and United when talking about a 'lack of movement' in the market. United's squad won the league last year and Chelsea haven't let go of 25 players and brought in 1 (in fact they actually have strengthened contrary to what Wenger said).

I've been a defender of Wenger in the past and still think he's the best man for the job right now, but this summer has been an absolute bloody shambles. Funny thing is, people will predict us to finish outside the top 4 and I wouldn't be surprised if we shut them up again, but it's so frustrating to see us on the brink of making it hard for ourselves again.
    Lovely post. I feel as though Wenger has cheated on Arsenal, like a husband to his wife. It feels that bad what he's done.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Cue AW going out and doing a couple of panic buys:

Michael Turner
    Senderous
    Riise
    Gareth Barry

Welcome to Arsenal!

ReputationRep:
    Wow i'm so fed up with the idiots on this thread moaning about wenger please tell me which one of: Three players injured, dodgy 2nd penalty and a biased ref was his fault for goodness sake if you're gonba moan at least moan abut something that makes sense!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    was theinvincibles i think (could be wrong), few others agreeing with him as well. I then got called arrogant for not agreeing.
    We haven't been close to man united for years, if anyone thinks we are, they are smoking some decent crack....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 99ja02)
    Wow i'm so fed up with the idiots on this thread moaning about wenger please tell me which one of: Three players injured, dodgy 2nd penalty and a biased ref was his fault for goodness sake if you're gonba moan at least moan abut something that makes sense!
    People are moaning about the lack of depth in our squad....

ReputationRep:
    Wenger needs to take fault in the match conference . And just say I'm gonna spend like ma. New striker, new defender , new defensive midfielder , new goalie.

ReputationRep:
    I reckon we're going to panic buy Hatem Trabelsi.

ReputationRep:
    Get our hopes up with an amazing pre-season and just **** it up when it matters most. :sad:
    Anyway, we've got 37 more to go but we need quality signings ASAP.

ReputationRep:
    On the bright side. Rosicky was our best player by far. Hats off to him.

ReputationRep:
    I find it extremely hard to believe that it was impossible for Wenger to bring in at least 2 of the 5 players we so desperately need before the start of the season. Why the **** is the transfer window open 2 weeks after the start of the season anyway

ReputationRep:
    Who gives a **** about fantasy football, seriously take that rubbish to some other thread...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goofymark13)
    No one gives 2 ****s about the fact that we lost the first match. It's the fact that we were so unprepared that is pissing everyone off.
    You lost because you were so unprepared. Now you know what you have to do. It should be a blessing.

(Original post by Mr Advice)
    Not really.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Really! The season's a slog and you won eight of the final ten last season.

(Original post by imthe12)
    It's Aston Villa, who finished 15th last season.
    You had a few howlers last season too. Michu's rapid double iirc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H903)
    Get our hopes up with an amazing pre-season and just **** it up when it matters most. :sad:
    Anyway, we've got 37 more to go but we need quality signings ASAP.
    Only good result was City. Napoli we drew and lost to Gala. The games in the Far East were a kick about.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well that was glorious. None of you arrogant Londoners gave us a chance.

Up the Villa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    You lost because you were so unprepared. Now you know what you have to do. It should be a blessing.

Really! The season's a slog and you won eight of the final ten last season.

You had a few howlers last season too. Michu's rapid double iirc.
    It's not okay that its only the first game because there's a serious lack of quality in our team, added to the lack of depth. It's a real worry especially with games coming so thick and fast.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    Only good result was City. Napoli we drew and lost to Gala. The games in the Far East were a kick about.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok maybe 'amazing' was an overstatement. But it wasn't a bad pre-season except the Galatasaray game. Don't think we did too bad to manage a draw against runners up of Serie A.

ReputationRep:
    And to think the Invincibles went the season unbeaten. This team have failed in the first hurdle.

#BringBackHighbury

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I will back Wenger until the very end, I'll be behind this club forever, but this is such a ****ing disgrace.

One game, yes, but this is just the start of what's to come. How on earth have we let our squad become this thin with how much money just sitting in the bank? Unbelievable. Forget star players, the fact that we have shipped off so many players and only brought in one striker, and allowed player after player to get injured without doing anything about it. It's unbelievable and farcical!

8 years later and we still couldn't muster a challenge for the title if the players fought for their actual lives. It's so annoying.

I still think we'll get 4th, but that's not good enough. No where near.

ReputationRep:
    How bad is Chambos injury? I could swear I saw after the match having a cool down

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by weeknd5000)
    If your still pro-wenger, your delusional tbh
    If you think any one else could realistically do a better job then you're equaly as deluded. Wengers probably the only reason players like wilshere and koscielny haven't left arsenal already

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.