Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    110k! No, only part service history. So it's not too bad yeah? I'll have to book an appointment tomorrow then.
    Private dealer or a dealership? I would advise against with part service history you only have an auto licence right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceJJFish(II))
    Private dealer or a dealership? I would advise against with part service history you only have an auto licence right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well remembered :^_^: Yeah. (inb4 someone gives me a lecture about the advantages of manuals)

It's by a dealership about 12 miles from me. I'll take someone with me to view but I'm not really feeling this car if I'm honest. They have some other ones so I might look around.

ReputationRep:
    Well remembered :^_^: Yeah. (inb4 someone gives me a lecture about the advantages of manuals)

It's by a dealership about 12 miles from me. I'll take someone with me to view but I'm not really feeling this car if I'm honest. They have some other ones so I might look around.
    What's your budget? And what engine size you looking for?

It's true though, driving manuals is much better :laugh: having said that I haven't driven in 2 years...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

i wouldnt buy from a dealership full-stop really, you'll generally get a better deal buying direct from the seller.

Used car salesmen are always going to be your Arthur Daley types who know how to get the maximum mark-up possible for often knackered motors. You can probably bung a mechanic £100 to come around with you and see 5/6 motors on a Sunday and he'll point you in the right direction

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    i wouldnt buy from a dealership full-stop really, you'll generally get a better deal buying direct from the seller.

Used car salesmen are always going to be your Arthur Daley types who know how to get the maximum mark-up possible for often knackered motors
    They can't sell you a dodgy car though. Especially buying an old motor, it's probably worth paying a little over the odds.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    What's your budget? And what engine size you looking for?

It's true though, driving manuals is much better :laugh: having said that I haven't driven in 2 years...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    £3.5k-4. I've seen plenty within that price but there's always something that puts me off whether it's colour, mileage, seller distance etc. Not fussy about engine size, most if not all of the mini's have a 1.6L engine anyway.

Don't start with me.

Why haven't you driven?

ReputationRep:
    They can't sell you a dodgy car though. Especially buying an old motor, it's probably worth paying a little over the odds.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah but they just have an eye for underpriced cars and know how to spruce them up a bit with repairs etc to hide underlying problems.

When I was buying a car a few years back I went to a few dealerships and I genuinely felt I was living out an episode of Minder with me playing the part of the mug punter :mad:

ReputationRep:
    £3.5k-4. I've seen plenty within that price but there's always something that puts me off whether it's colour, mileage, seller distance etc. Not fussy about engine size, most if not all of the mini's have a 1.6L engine anyway.

Don't start with me.

Why haven't you driven?

If I was buying a mini I'd have to go for retro 60s version and get on the Michael Caine style. Get kitted out in a Mod suite and some specs and cruise around Knightsbridge narrating the journey in his accent. Would be fun for about 20 minutes, probably
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    I met up with a private seller last week. What an absolute ****. I was asking questions about the car and he goes "If you don't want it don't buy it really". Like, it's not cheap. Of course I'm going to ask questions.

Never experienced a trade seller before.

ReputationRep:

Don't start with me.

Why haven't you driven?
    Hefty budget why you looking so old? You could get an 07-08 car for that price, though for auto you'll struggle I suppose.

Sorry

Passed my test and young Asian male= insurance premium x1000 :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would't touch it tbh. 110k on a small run about it quite a lot of miles, and if its got a partial service history you don't even know if its been looked after. Make sure you get it's history checked out too, especially that age. You want to make sure you're not getting a bodged Cat D/C.

Make sure the person you get to go with you knows what they are doing. Asking people, especially guys if they know about cars is like walking into a pub and asking who knows about football.

You might want to head over to the motoring forum tbh, poster like JC. has bought a used car or two in his time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Would be fun for about 20 minutes, probably
    :laugh:

The auto licence really restricts you! Otherwise she could go for a Chav Corsa :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

**** man. What ever happened to Fulham.

ReputationRep:
    I'd focus on getting a phone before buying a car

ReputationRep:
    fots^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fideo)
    fots^
    Hiii

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesR12)
    I'd focus on getting a phone before buying a car
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Charlotte15)
    Hiii

Posted from TSR Mobile
    sup
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)

**** man. What ever happened to Fulham.
    Lolol I remember watching that, incredible how the 2 clubs have gone in opposite directions since then. Juve had a past it Cannavaro and their reserve keeper in goal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fideo)
    sup
    Mock revision you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.