Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    if this 14m for lloris thing is true.. then we should be all over that.

great price for a keeper who still has many years left in him.

- I have 0% expectations that we will. but it would be great if it did happen

ReputationRep:
    Being "one of England's best midfielders" doesn't really have the same ring to it as it did 10 years ago. It doesn't really say that much about Wilshere's ability, he is also below Henderson in the pecking order and he isn't worth 30 million either.

ReputationRep:
    The people wanting to sell wilshere and are bashing him need to remember the Ramsey fiasco as they'll have egg on their face when he comes good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    The people wanting to sell wilshere and are bashing him need to remember the Ramsey fiasco as they'll have egg on their face when he comes good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wilshere is good hes just injury prone.

"Professional hospital patient blighted by football"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trrr)
    Being "one of England's best midfielders" doesn't really have the same ring to it as it did 10 years ago. It doesn't really say that much about Wilshere's ability, he is also below Henderson in the pecking order and he isn't worth 30 million either.
    No he's not below hendo and he's probably worth about that much if not more quite easily.

Wenger won't sell him for any price tbh though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sanchez's form has dipped well off the last 3-4 months. Still can't understand all these kids crying about Hazard winning the POTY over him in the FB and Twitter comment sections. For reference, this is only stats and doesn't really take into account performances, considering the way the media has singled out Fabregas for dipping in the second half of the season (somewhat justifiably) you don't hear anywhere near the same sort of the thing for Sanchez.

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/252.../Alexis-Snchez
    In the first half of the season, let's say up to the 17th/18th of January, Sanchez had 17 goals in all competitions and 9 assists, while Fabregas had 4 goals and 20 assists. Pretty similar records given Sanchez plays in a more attacking and freer role than Fabregas, and was Arsenal's focal point for goals with Ozil and Giroud out injured.
    http://www.whoscored.com/Players/804...s/Cesc-Fbregas

Since that weekend when Arsenal played City and Chelsea Swansea (both away), Sanchez has had 2 assists and 4 goals, whilst Fabregas has 2 assists and 1 goal.

By comparison, Hazard has been very consistent with 11 goals in all competitions up until that weekend, with 6 assists, and with 8 goals and 5 assists after including winners in most of them.
    http://www.whoscored.com/Players/334...es/Eden-Hazard

Harry Kane on the other-hand http://www.whoscored.com/Players/835...res/Harry-Kane, had 16 goals up until that weekend with 3 assists, although 5 of those were against Besiktas and Asteras Tripolis in the Europa League as well as one goal and an assist in the domestic cup competitions. Since that weekend he's scored 9 goals with 3 assists including one hat-trick against Leicester at home. What surprised me about Kane is that, as brilliant as he's been judging by when he's scored it tends to be in spells. He scored 5 in 3 games against West Brom, Liverpool and Arsenal, then only got 1 in 5 games, then 5 in another 3 games and since then one goal and one assist in his last 5.
    Also as brilliant as he's been, when the BBC et al say he's had a 30+ goal season, whilst he's very close, it's not strictly true as their including goals scored for England u21's, which is blatant stat padding to hype him up more by the media. When have they ever included International, let alone non-senior international stats, when discussing any other player?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    Sanchez's form has dipped well off the last 3-4 months. Still can't understand all these kids crying about Hazard winning the POTY over him in the FB and Twitter comment sections. For reference, this is only stats and doesn't really take into account performances, considering the way the media has singled out Fabregas for dipping in the second half of the season (somewhat justifiably) you don't hear anywhere near the same sort of the thing for Sanchez.

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/252.../Alexis-Snchez
    In the first half of the season, let's say up to the 17th/18th of January, Sanchez had 17 goals in all competitions and 9 assists, while Fabregas had 4 goals and 20 assists. Pretty similar records given Sanchez plays in a more attacking and freer role than Fabregas, and was Arsenal's focal point for goals with Ozil and Giroud out injured.
    http://www.whoscored.com/Players/804...s/Cesc-Fbregas

Since that weekend when Arsenal played City and Chelsea Swansea (both away), Sanchez has had 2 assists and 4 goals, whilst Fabregas has 2 assists and 1 goal.

By comparison, Hazard has been very consistent with 11 goals in all competitions up until that weekend, with 6 assists, and with 8 goals and 5 assists after including winners in most of them.
    http://www.whoscored.com/Players/334...es/Eden-Hazard

Harry Kane on the other-hand http://www.whoscored.com/Players/835...res/Harry-Kane, had 16 goals up until that weekend with 3 assists, although 5 of those were against Besiktas and Asteras Tripolis in the Europa League as well as one goal and an assist in the domestic cup competitions. Since that weekend he's scored 9 goals with 3 assists including one hat-trick against Leicester at home. What surprised me about Kane is that, as brilliant as he's been judging by when he's scored it tends to be in spells. He scored 5 in 3 games against West Brom, Liverpool and Arsenal, then only got 1 in 5 games, then 5 in another 3 games and since then one goal and one assist in his last 5.
    Also as brilliant as he's been, when the BBC et al say he's had a 30+ goal season, whilst he's very close, it's not strictly true as their including goals scored for England u21's, which is blatant stat padding to hype him up more by the media. When have they ever included International, let alone non-senior international stats, when discussing any other player?
    good post.

I wonder whether sanchez dip in goal scoring form just happened to coinside with giroud coming back into the team.. or if there was a connection there. Would not explain it all.. but just around when you point out that sanchez fell away a bit, is just when giroud was hitting form.

Could just be that we got lucky, with one player coming into his game, as another faded

But I would not be suprised if a slight shift in focus away from sanchez and towards giroud, had some small impact on sanchez scoring numbers

ReputationRep:
    I think second assist stats would be interesting to see as it gives more of an indication just how involved a player is in goals. However those are usually really difficult to find online and the only way to really do it is by watching all the goals scored, would be pretty confident that Fabregas and Hazard/Oscar would have involvement in 4 or 5 more goals than they are awarded officially and probably the same for Sanchez.

Might do that at some point.

ReputationRep:
    I think second assist stats would be interesting to see as it gives more of an indication just how involved a player is in goals. However those are usually really difficult to find online and the only way to really do it is by watching all the goals scored, would be pretty confident that Fabregas and Hazard/Oscar would have involvement in 4 or 5 more goals than they are awarded officially and probably the same for Sanchez.

Might do that at some point.
    Assist stats, and second assists stats by extension, are amongst the most useless statistics in football. They're unreliable and not worthy of much discussion. What you want to look for is key passes, or chance creation (key passes+assists, by squawka's definition iirc).

Also as brilliant as he's been, when the BBC et al say he's had a 30+ goal season, whilst he's very close, it's not strictly true as their including goals scored for England u21's, which is blatant stat padding to hype him up more by the media
    Wiki says 20 in the league, 7 in Europe, 3 in cup competitions...

ReputationRep:

No you've got your stats wrong.

Kane has scored 20 league goals, 3 in the league cup and 7 in the Europa league. They're not even counting his England goal let alone U21, and he only started games from around November, aka missed 3 months of the season. By all quantifiable methods, he's had the best season of anyone in the league (though this doesn't make him the best player).

ReputationRep:
    Messi Minutes@MessiMinutes 3 mins3 minutes ago
    BREAKING: According to @laSextaTV pundit @jpedrerol, Iker Casillas will join Arsenal this summer.

Please no.

ReputationRep:
    Don't know how reliable they are but I really doubt it. I'm pretty sure we've been linked with him before as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh s*** I was out by a goal. Disregard my entire post. #awfulposters #salty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceyFish)
    By all quantifiable methods, he's had the best season of anyone in the league (though this doesn't make him the best player).
    Since when is goals 'all quantifiable methods'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Don't know how reliable they are but I really doubt it. I'm pretty sure we've been linked with him before as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Messi Minutes@MessiMinutes 8m8 minutes ago
    La Sexta have been 1st on several big stories: Falcao to Monaco, Falcao to United, Alonso to Bayern, Mourinho to Madrid, Şahin to Madrid...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pimped Butterfly)
    Since when is goals 'all quantifiable methods'?
    By that I mean judging by statistics in terms of goals and its relativity to the team (aka Kane has won Spurs 22 points, compared to say Hazard who has won 11 points) and the proportion of the teams goals scored (would wager Kane has one of the highest percentages out of the top teams for this).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelfox)
    Messi Minutes@MessiMinutes 8m8 minutes ago
    La Sexta have been 1st on several big stories: Falcao to Monaco, Falcao to United, Alonso to Bayern, Mourinho to Madrid, Şahin to Madrid...
    That's 5 transfers in 5 years, with Mourinho to Madrid being glaringly obvious...

ReputationRep:
    By that I mean judging by statistics in terms of goals and its relativity to the team (aka Kane has won Spurs 22 points, compared to say Hazard who has won 11 points) and the proportion of the teams goals scored (would wager Kane has one of the highest percentages out of the top teams for this).
    That isn't conclusive at all lol, and again that comes down to goals. You realise there's 'quantifiable methods' that involve things other than goals, right?

Sturridge won Liverpool 19 points to Suarez's 11 last season btw, it's not a useless stat but not one to take much stock over either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pimped Butterfly)
    That isn't conclusive at all lol, and again that comes down to goals. You realise there's 'quantifiable methods' that involve things other than goals, right?
    Probably bad wording more than anything, and in any case it was just a retort to Sheddy who was downplaying Kane's achievements a little bit in my opinion.

And he's my back up striker hehe

ReputationRep:
    Probably bad wording more than anything, and in any case it was just a retort to Sheddy who was downplaying Kane's achievements a little bit in my opinion.

And he's my back up striker hehe
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

Dunno why I bothered replying to you tbh :awesome:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.