The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Little Tail Chaser
CIE, you?

I'm liking all the sudden French hate on this thread :five:

Same for chemistry, paper 1 is killing me but I like paper 6

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Thing is, if I didn't do photography at all, I'd definitely be getting an A in art... Then I'd have straight A/A*

:puke:

Bio ruined mine... though if I'd done modular (GCSE) instead of linear (IGCSE) I'm pretty sure I would have got an A*, just screwed up the one paper :lol:

Oh, and ICT :unimpressed:
Can someone please help me with this question.

'The fact that there is so much religion in the world proves that God exists.'

Do you agree/ disagree. Give reasons for you answer. (I can't think of many reasons).

Original post by MattFletcher
That's not good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know :frown: I'm so worried about these exams and I'm so ill which is from the stress

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by justinawe
Bio ruined mine... though if I'd done modular (GCSE) instead of linear (IGCSE) I'm pretty sure I would have got an A*, just screwed up the one paper :lol:

So unfair ay... :colonhash:
Thing is, if I didn't do photography at all, I'd definitely be getting an A in art... Then I'd have straight A/A*

:puke:

Couldn't you have put your photography coursework into your art portfolio? :P

Original post by sarahiscool
Same for chemistry, paper 1 is killing me but I like paper 6

Posted from TSR Mobile

Paper 3 is the worst for me. At least in paper 1 the answer is there, so even if you don't have a clue you still have a 25% chance of getting a mark.

I'm being moderated for ICT.

SIGHS LOUDLY

Paper 3 is the worst for me. At least in paper 1 the answer is there, so even if you don't have a clue you still have a 25% chance of getting a mark.

SIGHS LOUDLY

My friend was moderated and increased by 5 marks, which allowed her to go higher in grade boundary - from a D to a C

I'm scared mine will be moderated :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PriyaPaul

Do you agree/ disagree. Give reasons for you answer. (I can't think of many reasons).

Ermm... I'd say that popular belief =/= the truth. Back in the day the general consensus was that the earth was flat...
So unfair ay... :colonhash:

At least I got straight A*/A... though you have about two times as many GCSE equivalents as me :redface:
Original post by Olympiad
My friend was moderated and increased by 5 marks, which allowed her to go higher in grade boundary - from a D to a C

I'm scared mine will be moderated :frown:

Oh, do you mean moderated by teachers or the exam board? Mine's being done by the exam board, so I was told weeks ago. Does your board not let people know who they're using?
Oh, do you mean moderated by teachers or the exam board? Mine's being done by the exam board, so I was told weeks ago. Does your board not let people know who they're using?

Exam board
- My teachers left :lulz: so nobody knows whose was sent this year,
Last year mine wasn't though
She told me my marks just not whether it will be sent

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh man, I wish my school had offered this subject... these essays make it look like a free A*!

SIGHS LOUDLY

Can't :tongue: you can't re use it :mmm:

I'm being moderated for:
English Lit
Geography
French Writing (I think)
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Art (there's a chance, don't know)
Welsh Speaking
Statistics (again, not certain)

So yeah :unimpressed:

At least I got straight A*/A... though you have about two times as many GCSE equivalents as me :redface:

So, I think mine is just as good :eviltongue:

SIGHS LOUDLY

That is true, but the grade boundaries for an A* in paper 1 are ridiculously high you need about 36-37 / 40 :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh man, I wish my school had offered this subject... these essays make it look like a free A*!

My school did but I chose not to do it ;'( mainly because my teacher was a weirdo - on the last lesson she came up to me and went on about how she adores my work and believes in me so much then was about to pat me on the shoulder and goes "It's against my teachers right to touch a student but I'd love to give you a pat on the back"

wut. The entire class burst out laughing and I was like :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Yh it's really easy to get an A* in RS. But I don't have much to write for this question. :tongue:

Agree
-If there's so many people, it signifies there's a large chance they Can't all be wrong
-Religion has occurred for centuries even through Scientific discoveries
-There's different holy texts which have some stories which agree about Gods and therefore may mean they could be true. And Christians/Muslims will believe that their book is true and therefore a God must exist

Disagree
-Many different texts conflict and so either most or all of them are wrong
-Certain parts of these books have been proven wrong (such as There is equal number of ribs in males and females - Christians believed women had one less because Adam gave one to make Eve)
-There's no proof of these books being correct, therefore we can't be certain

Yeah I'm going to count it as one of my 5 A*s I'm aiming for
My school did but I chose not to do it ;'( mainly because my teacher was a weirdo - on the last lesson she came up to me and went on about how she adores my work and believes in me so much then was about to pat me on the shoulder and goes "It's against my teachers right to touch a student but I'd love to give you a pat on the back"

Posted from TSR Mobile

:rofl:

Maybe she just really liked your work :colone:
Reply 8439

Posted from TSR Mobile

o m g my teacher pats me on the back every week should I report them!!!!!1

Latest