Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If we qualify for the champions league, win our next 2 league matches and make at least 3 top class signings then I can see everyone forgetting about this anyway. But what are the chances of that with the **** teams we'll have to put out over the next couple of weeks.

ReputationRep:
    The reaction from Arsenal fans may seem a bit hyperbolic but I don't really blame anyone for being vexed or overreacting. Our financial dealings have been public to everyone and it was reported that Wenger was straight up given 70mil to spend, to have fun with. He promised the fans big signings so the fans for the first time were entitled to expect World class players. Loosing isn't even that hard to swallow, it's just that familiar feeling we've grown accustom to every start to the season, made worse by the fact that after the last game of last season we were all expect a change, to ignite the next chapter and genuinely progress. Today was a reality check for Wenger, and the backlash from the fans is completely justified.

However, while I know we need signings, I hope the fans don't get too desperate and start begging Wenger to sign anyone, because any mediocre no name player won't do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 99ja02)
    If you think any one else could realistically do a better job then you're equaly as deluded. Wengers probably the only reason players like wilshere and koscielny haven't left arsenal already
    lol theres plenty of managers who have the balls to buy players and spend money. Wenger doesnt. I guess your happy with the current state of this team?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    Doesn't matter what we, the fans, think, what matters is that Brendan Rodgers and John Henry have said that he's not going to be sold.

By all means clutch at straws, I thought you Arsenal fans did that all the time anyway. It's certainly my favourite thread on TSR as a result.
    Consider myself a realist, I don't see Wenger panic buying but I do expect him to sign some players before the end of the month.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhw)
    Consider myself a realist, I don't see Wenger panic buying but I do expect him to sign some players before the end of the month.
    I do to. But I'm just so pissed off that he's decided to leave everything to the last minute

ReputationRep:
    Wenger thinks this team is good enough for the title. Let's just let that sink in.

Just had a quick skim through the thread - Mr Advice, you're already my least favourite poster on here by miles, and then you call Wenger a prick? Fair enough not wanting him as Arsenal manager but have some respect. totally classless, you enjoy it more than Spurs fans when we lose just so you can have a go at Wenger. You don't have a single post on here where you aren't complaining about any petty little thing you can. Have a look at yourself.

Nice to see people's opinion change just because of one match, reactionary idiots. My opinion on Wenger before the game is exactly the same as my opinion on him now. He is a top manager but he is allowed an autocratic rule of the club. I don't know any top football clubs where the manager controls absolutely EVERYTHING important at the club. He should still be Arsenal manager 100% but he needs help alongside him, not necessarily David Dein who is 70 now and is an Arsene fanatic, but someone like him in the role we had. What sense is it to have a manager in charge of an entire club right down to negotiating. Look at pretty much every player Wenger has ever bought, we've rarely ever paid over the price and when we do buy a player we're scamming the selling club. Podolski = Koln were going down so we didn't have to pay much. Cazorla = Malaga have no $$.

The fans at the game today spent more money on Arsenal than Arsene Wenger has this summer. He is the right man for the job, and he needs help alongside him, Fergie had help alongside him, it's not a sign of weakness. He says "show me there are players out there better than what we have and I'll buy them"...Begovic > Szczesny for a start. Buy him.

As for the team? Well, clearly the ref was poor but we didn't put on a performance worthy of anything more than a draw. Gibbs was good until injury. Giroud may have scored but he lost the ball a mind-boggling amount of times and is awful, simply awful in possession. Walcott quiet. Wilshere needs to find his role in the team - today we tried to do everything through him and that didn't wortk. last year there were concerns because we didn't have a Plan B if Cazorla was marked heavily, stifling our creativity, well guess what, when Wilshere was tackled many times today (annoying but a strategy that worked for Villa), we didn't have any Plan B. We look a different team without Arteta, just no fluidity whatsoever, mentally is crap, it's criminal there's no backup to him, we've been saying since Song was sold we need a new DM. Why hasn't this happened since August 2012?

As for the rest of the defence inc. Szczesny and the injuries, I won't go into that or I'll jump off a cliff.

But the worst thing about today's match wasn't even the result or the performance - both shambolic - it was the mentally. Wenger said this team can win the league and this was not a team that looked like they truly believed they were good enough to win the league. Villa did not look like they feared a team that could win the PL.

Injuries, ref, whatever, forget all the excuses. A better mentally and better players would have got us 3 points today.

On a final note, if you're going to post "ffs Arsenal lost...but at least I got points for my fantasy football team!", please punch yourself in the ****ing face.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spontogical)
    What a failure of a football club and a manager. Hope people have realised they're only interested in making money.
    Failure of a football club? Champions League every year since 00/01. Crawl back under your bridge.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait for the cluster**** that this thread will be in the next two weeks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glousck)
    x
    Great post especially the part where you go to town on Mr Advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_wizard123)
    Failure of a football club? Champions League every year since 00/01. Crawl back under your bridge.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Knee-jerk reaction.

ReputationRep:
    Weimann did get an assist for me tbf :teehee: but yeah I agree with your points tbh

ReputationRep:
    Wenger thinks this team is good enough for the title. Let's just let that sink in.

Just had a quick skim through the thread - Mr Advice, you're already my least favourite poster on here by miles, and then you call Wenger a prick? Fair enough not wanting him as Arsenal manager but have some respect. totally classless, you enjoy it more than Spurs fans when we lose just so you can have a go at Wenger. You don't have a single post on here where you aren't complaining about any petty little thing you can. Have a look at yourself.

Nice to see people's opinion change just because of one match, reactionary idiots. My opinion on Wenger before the game is exactly the same as my opinion on him now. He is a top manager but he is allowed an autocratic rule of the club. I don't know any top football clubs where the manager controls absolutely EVERYTHING important at the club. He should still be Arsenal manager 100% but he needs help alongside him, not necessarily David Dein who is 70 now and is an Arsene fanatic, but someone like him in the role we had. What sense is it to have a manager in charge of an entire club right down to negotiating. Look at pretty much every player Wenger has ever bought, we've rarely ever paid over the price and when we do buy a player we're scamming the selling club. Podolski = Koln were going down so we didn't have to pay much. Cazorla = Malaga have no $$.

The fans at the game today spent more money on Arsenal than Arsene Wenger has this summer. He is the right man for the job, and he needs help alongside him, Fergie had help alongside him, it's not a sign of weakness. He says "show me there are players out there better than what we have and I'll buy them"...Begovic > Szczesny for a start. Buy him.

As for the team? Well, clearly the ref was poor but we didn't put on a performance worthy of anything more than a draw. Gibbs was good until injury. Giroud may have scored but he lost the ball a mind-boggling amount of times and is awful, simply awful in possession. Walcott quiet. Wilshere needs to find his role in the team - today we tried to do everything through him and that didn't wortk. last year there were concerns because we didn't have a Plan B if Cazorla was marked heavily, stifling our creativity, well guess what, when Wilshere was tackled many times today (annoying but a strategy that worked for Villa), we didn't have any Plan B. We look a different team without Arteta, just no fluidity whatsoever, mentally is crap, it's criminal there's no backup to him, we've been saying since Song was sold we need a new DM. Why hasn't this happened since August 2012?

As for the rest of the defence inc. Szczesny and the injuries, I won't go into that or I'll jump off a cliff.

But the worst thing about today's match wasn't even the result or the performance - both shambolic - it was the mentally. Wenger said this team can win the league and this was not a team that looked like they truly believed they were good enough to win the league. Villa did not look like they feared a team that could win the PL.

Injuries, ref, whatever, forget all the excuses. A better mentally and better players would have got us 3 points today.

On a final note, if you're going to post "ffs Arsenal lost...but at least I got points for my fantasy football team!", please punch yourself in the ****ing face.
    I'm tired of Wenger taking Arsenal down. I find it disgraceful and a let down that we played more or less the same team today as we did against Newcastle in May. Wenger walked around like we had won the CL and the way he's been in the market, you would think that that was the case. How we have not invested in a single player (except Sanogo) is shocking.

And how can you say I enjoy it more than Spurs fans when we lose? That is so judgemental and crude.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

I ****ing hate it when 'fans' practically want their team to lose just so they can prove a point. Subtly or not, it's disgraceful. It's the same for morons like Piers Morgan - I'm sure he would be more than happy if we get relegated just to prove his point about Wenger. How can you call yourself a fan?

Anyway, this is almost certainly another year where we fight for 4th. Even if we splash out as much of the £70m as possible from now until the end of the transfer window, who can we get that can shore up the depth and provide us with star talent to push us up there? I can't think of how it'll work out. We missed out big time on Higuain imo. Even if he was overpriced, that's the bullet you have to bite for quality sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    Post match comments "I am here to make people happy" - Wenger 17/08/13

Buy new players then....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    was theinvincibles i think (could be wrong), few others agreeing with him as well. I then got called arrogant for not agreeing.
    noooooooo wayyy hahahahahahahahahhahahaha, probably the all time best quote from this thread. Honestly can't believe anyone said that, :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I'm liking how the consensus on Higuain has gone from 'overpriced overrated crap' to 'we should have just bought him'.

Everyone said you should have bought him lol, personally I said loads of times that he was perfect for you and your style, hilarious failure from AFC.

ReputationRep:
    Rosicky and Ramsey both added to the injury list. This just gets better and better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    I'm tired of Wenger taking Arsenal down. I find it disgraceful and a let down that we played more or less the same team today as we did against Newcastle in May. Wenger walked around like we had won the CL and the way he's been in the market, you would think that that was the case. How we have not invested in a single player (except Sanogo) is shocking.

And how can you say I enjoy it more than Spurs fans when we lose? That is so judgemental and crude.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Every post of yours on this thread is complaining and it even verges on being disrespectful.
    "Wenger is turning into a prick" - you don't think that shows a lack of respect? I acknowledge not everyone wants Wenger here but you don't have to call him a prick. Does it not occur to you that the reason he struggles is because he has no help alongside him? Maybe if the board arranged that - and in terms of the club, the board are more powerful than Wenger in what they can do - he wouldn't struggle so much.

ReputationRep:
    Rosicky and ramsey have knocks.

ReputationRep:

Nice to see people's opinion change just because of one match, reactionary idiots.
    I stopped reading after this tbh. Read your own advice.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.