Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deyesy)
    Thank you Just want to do my bit and help those who need help I love making a difference in people's day's. So that's a yes to any stats help I need? :')

You felt thick as anything in there? :/
    Yeah anytime

And I feel thick all the time, worse in subjects that had open concepts. I'm better with closed off certain answers
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Abbie :))
    Yeah anytime

And I feel thick all the time, worse in subjects that had open concepts. I'm better with closed off certain answers
    History has open concepts? :holmes: And doesn't Psychology too?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you should study Psychology if that's the case :lol: You get to study things like perception and language development too which I find fascinating aswell :')
    Sorry about butting into your conversation btw, forgive me lol :ninja: Didn't do it as I thought it'd be too hard really, also didn't study it at A-levels if that mattered? I never knew why mainly girls study it? :erm:

ReputationRep:
    History has open concepts? :holmes: And doesn't Psychology too?
    Yep, social sciences in general really. Anywhere there is room for debate has me ****ed over haha
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    Sorry about butting into your conversation btw, forgive me lol :ninja: Didn't do it as I thought it'd be too hard really, also didn't study it at A-levels if that mattered? I never knew why mainly girls study it? :erm:
    There's alot of essay writing at A Level but the concepts aren't too difficult Degree level is a whole different story. I'm basically learning latin as I read more about the brain I have no idea either but that's exactly a bad thing :lol:

Yep, social sciences in general really. Anywhere there is room for debate has me ****ed over haha
    And yet you liked Psychology? :holmes: How come debates have ****ed you over? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    There's alot of essay writing at A Level but the concepts aren't too difficult Degree level is a whole different story. I'm basically learning latin as I read more about the brain I have no idea either but that's exactly a bad thing :lol:

And yet you liked Psychology? :holmes: How come debates have ****ed you over? :lol:
    They did, I'm not claiming I could actually do it haha
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    They did, I'm not claiming I could actually do it haha
    So you're more a science type of person since you're studying Maths and like black and white answers? Are we nocturnal too?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    No idea what to even tell my dr, or if i tell her anything at all, got a bit of physical stuff to talk about and no idea whats more important :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Try writing down mental health stuff and giving it to her (as Maid Marian suggested) but tell her there is physical stuff to talk about too.

Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY PANDA :love: :gah:

I do think it's important she realises how paranoid you have been :sadnod:

(Original post by Odd socks)
    :hugs:

I feel absolutely awful :bawling:

Spoiler:
    Show
    ive barely eaten today, no appetite, head is pounding, feel like I'm about to throw up. Need to go to asda but that means leaving the house, and I'm certain I'm possible off my flatmate

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry, fell asleep :o: Big hugs from here :jumphug:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Please try and eat something when you next are awake!

(Original post by ScaryScience)
    omg in such a weird situation.
    Hope you are safe hun

(Original post by Maid Marian)
    :hugs: I'm extremely lonely and bored, so I wandered in here out of curiosity and saw youuuuu :hugs: How are you?
    Welcome :hi: I won't introduce myself since we already know each other

(Original post by Multitalented me)
    Oh you have Schizophrenia, sorry to hear that :console: E? How did they let you down? Sorry about what you're going through, stay strong, it will get better! :hugs:
    Nope, I don't have schizophrenia: I have schizoaffective disorder It's a related but entirely separate condition.

E is someone who I was in an abusive relationship with (for lack of a better term) at uni. Sorry, I forgot that not everyone here would know what/who I meant by E

My friends let me down coz it was kinda public knowledge that I was being abused and no one really thought to do anything :erm:

ReputationRep:
    So you're more a science type of person since you're studying Maths and like black and white answers? Are we nocturnal too?
    Yes I can handle black and white, and it looks like you are a fellow owl
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Yes I can handle black and white, and it looks like you are a fellow owl
    Indeed I am. Even getting up for 8am on the days I'm uni hasn't sorted my sleeping pattern out I mean what actually is a normal sleeping pattern? :')

ReputationRep:
    Indeed I am. Even getting up for 8am on the days I'm uni hasn't sorted my sleeping pattern out I mean what actually is a normal sleeping pattern? :')
    Well I'm getting up at 7am :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    Awhh thank you:hugs: How do you mean, it ended before it started?
    No worries! :hugs: She's moving elsewhere just as a friendship was developing. If she's happy, then I'm happy though
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    You and me both. I feel fantastic tonight and yet I know come Thursday and Friday when I have uni I'll feel awful.
    Yeah, I know the feeling! I was going through all three 'extremes' (can you have three extremes?) in the space of half an hour at one point though which was a bit odd How come you don't like uni? Are you in first year? Sorry should probably know that :getmecoat:

(Original post by ScaryScience)
    I'm so sorry, I hope you get some peaceful rest :hugs: yeah I have one random song playing loudly over and over to try and eliminate some weird muffles I can hear in my head. Need to try and study though, but I just can't when I feel like this
    Thanks- I kind of carried on like that for a couple of hours then slept which was good :yep: Hope you managed to sleep a bit in the end? :hugs:

(Original post by PandaWho)
    Just had a brief chat with my brother, so was nice, becoming a birthday routine now! Though hes just off to work, silly chinese pfft. But i heard on the grape vine they might be moving back to the UK for a year next year so will be good have have him back.

Lets see how this years birthday pans out

Posted from TSR Mobile
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY PANDA! :party:

(Original post by purple-duck)
    Sorry for taking ages to reply :eek: :sad: Being really busy still and also just me being rubbish with keeping up with the thread.
    Yeah I think so Sorta gone downhill since but oh well
    No that makes sense Plus everyone's there to get help and stuff too, so it's sorta like here Except hopefully better as is IRL/proper talking?

Oh I'm really sorry it's been bad :hugs:
    How're they being weird? I'm sorry lovely :jumphug:
    Well done on last week with buses and tenor sax though :king1: Did you have fun playing too? Was this the group you mentioned before?

:hugs:
    No need to apologise! Yeah it seems to be moving really fast at the minute, not sure as that's a good thing or not where people are struggling Sorry you've been struggling again I know what you mean, although I think I'd actually find it harder IRL- people don't seem so scary when you are just typing on here and can actually think about what to say

Don't know, they just were although they're away this week which is good Thank you! I did, well the conductor got bored and ended up teaching us some jazz theory/us all playing percussion instruments instead but it was kind of fun Although he made us do solos too which was scary :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I went to the doctor yesterday to tell him about my depression/anxiety and he didn't ask me anything or want to hear any symptoms or anything he just gave me a phone number to a mental health place, is this normal?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GivenToTheWildd)
    I went to the doctor yesterday to tell him about my depression/anxiety and he didn't ask me anything or want to hear any symptoms or anything he just gave me a phone number to a mental health place, is this normal?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Last year the doctor just said I was depressed then gave me a number for a mental health place. Put me off so I never phoned or went back.

Phone it, I wish I did.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by GivenToTheWildd)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What sort of mental health place?

ReputationRep:
    Happy birthday Poncho!

ReputationRep:
    Been kept really busy today, think it's actually helped my mood. Either that or my increased dose is finally having an effect that's good. Got up before 10am (with assistance) and sent lots of important emails, went to my lecture, handed in a very important form. Cooked actual food , and now going to work :eep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I feel horrible :'( want to give up on all this

ReputationRep:
    happy birthday Poncho and Panda :hugs:

so I have 2 questions today

Spoiler:
    Show

1. Does anyone relate to going o bed early and then struggling to sleep, then sleeping but having some nightmare and waking up when you have to get up more tired than when you went to bed

2. Does anyone here have sexual intrusive thoughts I keep having creepy ones

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.